List of changes (you gotta be logged into Steam)
I see several changes to attack move, fix for building TPs, fix for terrain visuals, fix for Plaza animations, fixes for MP rooms... looks like a bunch of good stuff
Tim (MS) wrote:Hello Explorers!
With today’s launch of the Public Update Preview, today we’re making the first build available for early hands on as we work toward the upcoming August Update. As part of this process, we’ll be updating the build often with additional fixes, so this is the thread to watch – this is where we’ll provide any notes or changes that are worth paying attention to, and we’ll update that information as newer builds come online. Keep an eye on this thread for more information throughout the Public Update Preview.
Below is a list of preliminary fixes we are prepping for this release. Please note that not all potential fixes/items are guaranteed to be in the final update, as we are still actively testing everything and may need to adjust or remove items if they are not ready. Additionally, this is not a holistic list, and some additional items may end up in our final release.
Quick reminders -
- For common questions and answers, go here FAQ
- To learn how to contact our Support team, go here Support How-To
[h1]August Update – Build # 36801[/h1]
Known Issues with this build
- When returning to the main menu from a skirmish or multiplayer match the menu items may not appear in certain circumstances. Team is working to address this issue for the next PUP build.
- As with all updates, certain Mods may no longer function as the underlying game code has changed. If you are experiencing issues please try disabling all Mods first to see if that addressess your issue as the Mod may need to be updated by the creator to work with the latest build
- Fix for mortars not attacking targets (or forcing all squad members to only attack buildings/ships if selected first) when ordered to attack-move along with other units.
- Improved attack-move behaviour:
- Units moving in attack-move were not re-evaluating their enemy targets under some circumstances - fixed so that they now do this at least every two seconds
- Increased the range to enemy targets at which attack-moving units would break formation and attack, from 20 distance units to 30 (i.e. increased by 50%)
- Fixed an issue where attack-moving units that defeated an Explorer (or saw them defeated) would then stand around/near the Explorer instead of continuing the move-attack.
- Fixed an issue where military units would not attack enemies if an Alt-attack-move command was issued by clicking on a natural resource (such as a mine or huntable animal ).
- Fixed an issue wherein Rickshaws and Travois (in certain circumstances,) could not build trading posts
- Fixed an issue where Villagers (or the Explorer) would not work on building a Trading Post when additional commands were queued after the build command. i.e. You should now be able to shift-click to build multiple Trading Posts
- It is now possible to set a different Home City drop-off location for economic and military shipments.
- Fixed an issue where the game could possibly soft-lock during startup if a user's key profile contained invalid hotkey mappings.
- Potential fix for being stuck waiting for other players in a ranked game lobby.
- Fix for failing to join a lobby from an invite to a multiplayer scenario or restored saved game.
- Saved games no longer require resigned / defeated players for the game to continue.
- Fixed "Host Rejected" issue when joining a restored MP save game if a player's previous slot was already allocated.
- Fixed occasional camera glitch when spectating with camera lock on.
- Fixed the "Claim Weekly Profile Image" popup constantly reappearing whenever you returned to the main menu.
- Trading Post buttons now correctly display a black overlay rather than a red overlay when the command is not available.
- Fixed issue where fattened herdables would not show the correct amount in their resource bars when harvested.
- Added a panel that appears when searching for a ranked match which shows players their ranking and match stats (if they are ranked), or how many more matches they need to play to be ranked (if not).
- Added more information about a player's ranking and other match stats on the post-game screen.
- Disabled tooltip services for MP browse game menu on list box items.
- Fixed long username text in SP Skirmishes and MP Lobbies, now displays text trimming effect.
- Fixed long username text for post game screen, score panel, Profile button in Main Menu, chat box and notification panels, now displays text trimming effect.
- Fixed incorrect use of string ID for 'Find Healer' in Hotkeys menu.
- Fixed text truncating for hotkeys in command panel.
- Fixed Imperial Men-o-War placed in the wrong age of tech tree.
- Fixed removed Borderless option from Graphics options menu as it shouldn't be there at all.
- Fixed Skirmisher tech listed in the wrong age for Spanish Tech tree.
- Fixed Czapka Uhlans and Imperial Czapka not displaying correctly in German tech tree.
- Fixed game room text failing to truncate properly in preview shown in Settings panel.
- Increased readability for card buttons in deck builder and HC in game.
- Added scroll viewer for stats panel as we were running out of room.
- Fixed Ship's Howitzers tech now displayed in the correct order for Europeans, American and Asian civs
- Fixed expand button displaying wrong colour variant for the command panel in the Default HUD Layout.
- Fixed Expand button for Selected units not working correctly.
- Fixed 'Wonder' buttons overlapping 'Move all Military' button in Definitive HUD Layout.
- Fixed missing feedback loop when build limit is capped for Salt Camel tech - (Added missing <BuildLimit> property for deNatSaltCamel in protoy.xml.)
- Fixed an issue where HP bars would sometimes display extremely large
- Fixed an issue with the camera where when zoomed in selecting an idle villager the camera would not correctly move to the unit.
- Fixed an issue where on some maps the camera was higher above the ground than intended
- Fixed an issue when the camera automatically moved to a unit the unit would be positions too low on the screen when zoomed all the way in
- Fixed in-game visual indicator for spyglass ability so it now properly renders
- The multiplayer chat windows now scroll to the newest messages as new messages arrive.
- Adding additional tooltip information for disabled state for colour pickers in accessibility menu. Should display "You must go back to main menu to change this option."
- Fixed mysterious SFX playing whenever options menus are navigated.
- Fixed added wrapping properties for Unit stats (HP, speed, shield and resistance)
- Fixed an issue with the shadow rendering on cliffs resulting in some areas looking jagged
- Fixed an issue where there would sometimes be glitchy lines on the terrain
- Villagers at a Tribal Marketplace and Community Plaza now play more appropriate animations.
- Fixed an issue that caused small sections of upgraded Aztec walls to not be displayed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the animations not to play when constructing a Mine from a Prospector Wagon.
- Random name mods can now be used in multiplayer against other players who don't have the mod.
- The random names are now defined in Data/strings/<language>/randomnamestrings.xml.
- The old file Data/randomnamesy.xml has now been removed.
- It is replaced by a new file Data/randomnames.xml which references the string ids defined in randomnamestrings.xml.
- randomnamestrings.xml can be modded by stringmods.xml (in the same way that any other strings can be modded).
- randomnames.xml can be modded by randomnamemods.xml.