Hail The Baphomet

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Re: Hail The Baphomet

Post by Snuden »

Paki trash.

User was timed out for this post.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

Snuden wrote:Paki trash.
How sad are you tonight?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

comradecommissar wrote:
How sad are you tonight?
Not at all, how about you?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Dragoon

Snuden wrote:
comradecommissar wrote:
How sad are you tonight?
Not at all, how about you?
I'm not going to get baited by your racism anymore. You're just a sad little boy on the internet, stuck in his little bubble of bigotry, hatred and general stupidity. Literal scum of the earth.

Don't tag me again in stupid racist shit.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

You dumb fuck Paki shit @comradecommissar

User was timed out for this post.
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Dude, wtf is wrong with you?
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Dude, wtf is wrong with you?
@comradecommissar
[Sith] - Baphomet
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Snuden wrote:Paki Boy
not really cool bro, maybe don't post this shit

@Community Team
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

For reference when you come back, don't bait people and make personal, racist attacks on people @Snuden .
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@Snuden

If it were me, it would be a ban that doesn't expire because most usually in these situations the hatred in one's heart won't go away, the mask will just get a little bit tighter and thicker. I hope that you seriously look at what you said, and what it means. Trying to make someone here feel unsafe, as those words used that way are most often used to beget some sort of violence.

There're a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

@Cometk @iNcog @chris1089 obviously his posts warrant a ban but I wouldn't sweat about it tbh. He is drunk 90% of the time he posts.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Dragoon

princeofcarthage wrote:@Cometk @iNcog @chris1089 obviously his posts warrant a ban but I wouldn't sweat about it tbh. He is drunk 90% of the time he posts.
A lot of racism, including the most violent kind, usually happens under the influence. It does not make it okay. Being drunk just reveals who we are. I don't go around saying horrible stuff to people when I've had a few. Do you?
Dragoon

More than Snuden, I think it's important that the mods here take a look at themselves. A short timeout for literally unprovoked and awful racism is akin to a slap on the wrist. Not to mention, I got warned for merely responding and told to "not sink to his level" by @chris1089. The fact that the community team thinks it's okay to police how folks react when they're being racially attacked says a lot about the forum and the homogenous group of people who run it.

Thank you, @Cometk and @iNcog for your support, but unfortunately I think we all know that this forum is a cesspit of racism that only accepts its POCs as long as they're silent about the things that matter. My love for the game keeps bringing me back, but Snuden is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to racism on this forum.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@comradecommissar
But what about Pakistan, is Pakistan worse or better than ESOC in those respects?
Apparently there are ethnic killings in Pakistan, religious persecutions and executions, forced conversions, social subordination of women, a gang rape every hour, etc etc.
It's a little curious and interesting how you developed such a sense of social justice that is based on Western values, that are not typical for the country you live in.
Dragoon

Dolan wrote:@comradecommissar
But what about Pakistan, is Pakistan worse or better than ESOC in those respects?
Apparently there are ethnic killings in Pakistan, religious persecutions and executions, forced conversions, social subordination of women, a gang rape every hour, etc etc.
It's a little curious and interesting how you developed such a sense of social justice that is based on Western values, that are not typical for the country you live in.
Firstly, I presently live in the UK, and have lived in the Western world for the last 10 years. Secondly, how do you not know that I spend an overwhelming amount of time criticizing my country, its policies and its society? My undergraduate thesis was on how religious parties foment religious violence and persecution in Pakistan, with my primary argument being that its done for votes. My MPhil thesis was an audit study on ethnic discrimination in the Pakistani labor market, and my PhD thesis is on ethnic nationalisms and violence. My entire academic career is being built on engaging with the injustices in my country. I also write for major newspapers in Pakistan on all the issues you mentioned, and a lot more. In other words, fuck off.

Its also downright racist to presume that people in Pakistan don't have the kinds of social justice sensibilities you are talking about, or that Pakistan is some homogenously awful society. Finally, there's millions of people in present who believe in social justice, equality, women rights and dignity. There's certainly millions of people in the country who are better humans than you. This point is also historically inaccurate, given that anti-racism/colonialism movements have a deep and long history in places as far wide as Vietnam, India, Algeria and South Africa. Learn your history before you spew shit online.

I take issue with the idea that because things are bad in a migrants home country, it justifies racist attacks from folks like yourself. The West should be held up to the values it publicly espouses, regardless of what happens in other parts of the world.
Dragoon

Like @Cometk asked Snuden to look deep within himself, I invite you to reflect on how your response to pure, unprovoked racism was somehow finding a way to criticize the victims home country, and positing that conditions back home take away his right to criticize this forum for its bullshit. You're a dark, dark, dark and sad man, and I hope you can find a way to let go of the hate within you.
Dragoon

Also, this is my last reply on this thread. Like with Snuden, I refuse to engage with your racist aggressions and microaggressions @Dolan. You're just another sad edgelord manchild on the internet, whose life amounts to nothing more than the vile bile you spew online.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Whoa, what did I trigger. I just asked you that because people from different cultures typically adhere to some values. Yours are not typical for the location you have declared on your profile. I couldn't have known you actually don't live in Pakistan, I just took your stated location as the truth. But it seems you live somewhere else.

It's a normal assumption. For example, if I talk to someone from Turkey, especially someone who doesn't live in a big city, it's more likely that they will have traditional Turkish values. I'm sure in your academic career you must have become familiar with how cultures have different values, because I definitely have when I studied civic and political cultures.
Dragoon

Dolan wrote:Whoa, what did I trigger. I just asked you that because people from different cultures typically adhere to some values. Yours are not typical for the location you have declared on your profile. I couldn't have known you actually don't live in Pakistan, I just took your stated location as the truth. But it seems you live somewhere else.

It's a normal assumption. For example, if I talk to someone from Turkey, especially someone who doesn't live in a big city, it's more likely that they will have traditional Turkish values. I'm sure in your academic career you must have become familiar with how cultures have different values, because I definitely have when I studied civic and political cultures.
No, its not a normal assumption. Its actually a really problematic/downright racist assumption. Please stop making it. People are never homogenous. Pakistan is a country of 220 million people, most of whom are not like the extremists you have described. The Turkish example illustrates this point well. There are super conservative, Erdogan voting Turks on one end of the spectrum and there are extremely liberal, urbanized, Erdogan hating Turks who you couldn't distinguish from leftists in the "West" and there are Kurds who just want to be independent and don't even identify with being Turkish and there are millions of people who all lie at different points on this wide spectrum. The world is a deeply connected, diverse place. Even the West is a reflection of this: is the Southern, conservative, bible belt American a true reflection of American values or is it the Bernie bro?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

But that's what it says on Wikipedia. If you check out the article on human rights in Pakistan, there's a long list of things that happen there on a regular basis which don't seem to be only the work of some lone individuals.
How is that a problematic/racist assumption if that's what data from the country says. Sure people are not homogenous, but in Pakistan some things are the norm, like most of society works based on tribal, religious norms. Which has some consequences on what the West calls human rights.
Dragoon

Dolan wrote:Whoa, what did I trigger. I just asked you that because people from different cultures typically adhere to some values. Yours are not typical for the location you have declared on your profile. I couldn't have known you actually don't live in Pakistan, I just took your stated location as the truth. But it seems you live somewhere else.

Since you mentioned that you studied this, I invite you to question what you studied, because clearly it is based off an extremely problematic assumption that cultural values, especially in the "East" are homogenous. What you're getting at is basically what Edward Said wrote about in his world famous book "Orientalism." Said's work essentially invalidated this idea a good 40 years ago, so Im surprised you, or whoever taught you, is still clinging onto this. Perhaps this is a reflection of the Romanian education system, I don't know.

Don't be an "orientalist." These assumptions, especially by our former colonial overlords, devestated our societies during the colonial period. We're sick of it.

Also, Im triggered because you thought NOW was a good time to bring this up??
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I didn't say values are homogenous in a culture, I said they are different between East and West. Markedly different. Otherwise, why would Western leaders waste so much breath criticising China and other regimes from Asia? Or why do some Eastern European countries reject Western values?
Dragoon

Dolan wrote:But that's what it says on Wikipedia. If you check out the article on human rights in Pakistan, there's a long list of things that happen there on a regular basis which don't seem to be only the work of some lone individuals.
How is that a problematic/racist assumption if that's what data from the country says. Sure people are not homogenous, but in Pakistan some things are the norm, like most of society works based on tribal, religious norms. Which has some consequences on what the West calls human rights.
No, most of society does not work on "tribal, religious norms." Don't try to teach me about the country I grew up in, and the country whose politics and society I literally have a PhD in. I definitely know it more than you. Its okay to admit that you're not actually an expert in something, especially when the person on the other end actually is an expert on the subject. It doesn't make you any less of a man, I promise.
Dragoon

Dolan wrote:I didn't say values are homogenous in a culture, I said they are different between East and West. Markedly different. Otherwise, why would Western leaders waste so much breath criticising China and other regimes from Asia? Or why do some Eastern European countries reject Western values?
LMAO what is this Huntington Clash of Civilizations bullshit. That book, and Fukuyama's End of History, are probably the most ridiculous two works that have come out in Political Science in the last 3 decades. I actually questioned Fukuyama on these ideas a few years ago during a talk at Stanford, and he pretty much admitted that he was wrong. He even later publicly admitted he was wrong.

Read a good IR book if you want to understand more about this haha.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Let me guess, you were born with universal rights that were laid out by the European Enlightenment movement. šŸ˜