Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by LazarosVas »

GUA is destroying the ladder atm, makes you really wonder how the most complete player in AOE 3 history in Hazza would fare in there if he try harded enough to learn the game..

Seeing how successful it is in terms of viewers I really dont understand why they dont try to play that game competitively, yes the cost is too much but you can try it on the xbox pass for 3 months 1 euro.

Personally the game is not of my taste but seeing all these pros from the other AOE genres coming together there it would be absolutely insane to see the micro god Kaiser and the most complete player ever in Hazza to smash some of those fools!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by gibson »

Hazza and kaiser wouldnt be better than gua at this point lol
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by aaryngend »

gibson wrote:Hazza and kaiser wouldnt be better than gua at this point lol
At this point of 2 days after release?
Well no one can be miles better than someone else so soon.
But if they put the same effort in they would pull ahead by quite a margin after a couple of weeks I say.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

aaryngend wrote:
gibson wrote:Hazza and kaiser wouldnt be better than gua at this point lol
At this point of 2 days after release?
Well no one can be miles better than someone else so soon.
But if they put the same effort in they would pull ahead by quite a margin after a couple of weeks I say.
Nah, not Kaiser at least. Hazza possibly yes. AOE4 requires a different set of skills and doesn't reward methodic micro that much. GUA played tons of AOEo and AOE4 plays out pretty much the same as that.
Image Image Image
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

You can surely destroy the ladder when most of the ladder players are playing for 2 days vs youve been exploring the games since weeks or even months.
Just wait that everything settles down. Cant get any conclusion atm.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

A lot of AoM pros are really strong at AOE4, more so than SC2, AOE2 or AOE3 from what I can tell.

AoE3 is rather figured out. AOE4 is not.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

If GUA has a million fans, then I am one of them. If GUA has ten fans, then I am one of them. If GUA has only one fan then that is me. If GUA has no fans, then that means I am no longer on earth. If the world is against GUA , then I am against the world.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Well that's just a speculation ,GUA is special his background not only includes aoe3 ,he was pro in AOEO & this aoe4 is very similar to that ,so ofc hes gonna be good ,same thing goes Solider as well ,Aussie_Drongo spent a lot of time theorycrafting and putting hours into the game so hes decent as well ,others can easily catch up if they put hours into the game

Why would they want to play if there are no customisable hotkeys in first place? Secondly the multiplayer part seems unfinished because of this ,they need to add more features which can make it more competitive so far the campaigns doing the boss work for the game.

Micro is nothing in aoe4 you can't win by out micro'ing opponents ,hitbox is trash and more over the game is more oriented towards strategy/macro
:nwc:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Even during aoe3 tourney times I was playing a few games a week at most. Imagine having to grind hundreds of games to maybe have a shot at being somewhat good...

Also yeah the game just came out but some people, including gua, have been able to play it for much longer. Not sure how we could draw any conclusions at this point.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Kaiserklein wrote:Even during aoe3 tourney times I was playing a few games a week at most. Imagine having to grind hundreds of games to maybe have a shot at being somewhat good...

Also yeah the game just came out but some people, including gua, have been able to play it for much longer. Not sure how we could draw any conclusions at this point.
I mean thinking about this from a "marketable" perspective you would easily gain thousands of followers on twitch, even if you dont like the game that much being such a good player would make you even more popular than you are now.

But probably you do not care about that.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You’ll get popular IF you’re good. There’s no guarantee that someone who’s only played aoe3 would be good at aoe4.
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Cool to see AOE3 players doing really well at AOE4.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

007Salt wrote:Cool to see AOE3 players doing really well at AOE4.
If this is still the case after a couple of months, I think we can conclude this.

I hope so though! :flowers:
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

MarineLorD (SC2) just beat Knusch
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

I do hope that in the long run, at least a few aoe3 pros end up in the top tier of aoe4 players. I feel like it will vindicate our game and prove that it's a serious rts, which so many people in the aoe2 scene don't believe.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

aaryngend wrote:MarineLorD (SC2) just beat Knusch
He's top 5 material for shizzle. But just so people know, MarineLorD has been playing AOE2DE quite extensively. So it's not like a SC2 player who's never played AOE beat a top AOE3 player.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

Tbh, I think an average but active AOE2 player would beay top AOE3 player very easy if both had their first games aoe4 ever. The game is so much closer to aoe2...
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Top AoE2 players are unlikely to commit to AoE4 as much. We've already seen this in the betas. I wouldn't be surprised if AoE3 players do reasonably well for a while just because of how much time they're willing to put in compared to the AoE2 guys. But my guess is there will be some semi-pro SC2 players who will commit to the game relatively hard, and they will probably be best at it long-term. For now it's just the people who played most during the betas.

Of course, if the game actually thrives, there will be some noname kid prodigy coming out on top
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I dont understand how to play ranked. It just say "coming soon"
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Goodspeed wrote:Top AoE2 players are unlikely to commit to AoE4 as much. We've already seen this in the betas. I wouldn't be surprised if AoE3 players do reasonably well for a while just because of how much time they're willing to put in compared to the AoE2 guys. But my guess is there will be some semi-pro SC2 players who will commit to the game relatively hard, and they will probably be best at it long-term. For now it's just the people who played most during the betas.

Of course, if the game actually thrives, there will be some noname kid prodigy coming out on top
Tbh it's players that play both that would be good at this game
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Victor_swe wrote:I dont understand how to play ranked. It just say "coming soon"
It's not yet implemented.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Victor_swe wrote:I dont understand how to play ranked. It just say "coming soon"
So where does The ladder come from?
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Victor_swe wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
So where does The ladder come from?
"Quick Match"
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Goodspeed wrote:Top AoE2 players are unlikely to commit to AoE4 as much. We've already seen this in the betas. I wouldn't be surprised if AoE3 players do reasonably well for a while just because of how much time they're willing to put in compared to the AoE2 guys. But my guess is there will be some semi-pro SC2 players who will commit to the game relatively hard, and they will probably be best at it long-term. For now it's just the people who played most during the betas.

This is the truth. I don't think it matters much if you come from aom, aoe2 or aoe3 (maybe aoe2 gives the biggest advantage).
Individual skill of a player and his motivation play a much bigger role on how well they will do in the new game.

It was the same in sc2. The better WC3 players were usually the better SC2 players too. There are some exceptions to the rule but it holds up pretty well.

As long as their original rts games are thriving, less people will fully commit to aoe4 and players will choose to stay true to their home.

This doesn't go for new players though, as I'm sure a young unscathed (as in, didn't commit to a game yet) 18 year old guy wanting to get into an RTS game right now would be willing to play aoe4 rather than aoe2 or sc2 because of the age of the games.

We also have to wait and see if aoe4 will turn into a serious esport at all. There is still a question mark.