Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:Surprising that some people have the ability to get out of bed and dress themself.

User was warned for this post.
Why was gibson warned for this? There have been worse posts than this ITT lol @Community Team
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Challenger_Marco wrote:He cleared this question already on his stream he will mostly do aoe4 content and in future for aoe3 he will do 20-40% of content.
This is the only sentence that made me feel happy in this thread
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Goodspeed wrote:
gibson wrote:Surprising that some people have the ability to get out of bed and dress themself.

User was warned for this post.
Why was gibson warned for this? There have been worse posts than this ITT lol @Community Team
@Community Team
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

can we hit page 6 soon?
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

The mixtapes were enough proof of how good he was/was going to be tbh

'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This topic was prob made by Drongo tbh. It was all just a very elaborate hoax and everyone fell for it
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Bongo was and is such a great dude from what I've seen and heard and I wish him all the best for his streaming career. Be it with aoe4 or any other game he chooses to play in the near future. Thank you for your contributions to this small community!
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

thomasgreen6 wrote:The mixtapes were enough proof of how good he was/was going to be tbh

Damn.. I miss early 2021 AOE community.. things were so lively
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I miss October 2021
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

Thanks everyone for the really kind words in this thread, and glad to see everyone had my back.

I don't really know what to say with regard to the OP, other than I think it would be an incredibly poor decision for me to ignore the release of Age of Empires 4 on both a personal and professional level. I'm a longtime fan of the Age series, and while AoE3 is close to my heart, it lacks the community size that would guarantee I could afford to pay my bills each month. I've attached a graph of my channel views since I began making content a year ago, each data point is an individual day.

When making Age of Empires 3 content, the Aussie_Drongo channel would average roughly 10,000-12,000 views each day, and while it did bring in revenue, it was nowhere near what I was making in my full-time job. Since the release of Age of Empires 4, the daily number of views has continued to increase, with the most recent day (November 7) having 190,000 views. I want you to know that I will continue to support AoE3, however, it will not be at the same level it was in the past. I hope this helps you reconcile with this decision.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

@Aussie_Drongo 100% understandable. Any sane person would do the same. I even recommend branching to other new blockbuster game releases ocassionally to keep things spicy down the future..

Good luck with your endeavour, u have a gift to keep ppl entertained on twitch.
Mexico Plutonic
Crossbow

Post by Plutonic »

Aussie_Drongo wrote:Thanks everyone for the really kind words in this thread, and glad to see everyone had my back.

I don't really know what to say with regard to the OP, other than I think it would be an incredibly poor decision for me to ignore the release of Age of Empires 4 on both a personal and professional level. I'm a longtime fan of the Age series, and while AoE3 is close to my heart, it lacks the community size that would guarantee I could afford to pay my bills each month. I've attached a graph of my channel views since I began making content a year ago, each data point is an individual day.

When making Age of Empires 3 content, the Aussie_Drongo channel would average roughly 10,000-12,000 views each day, and while it did bring in revenue, it was nowhere near what I was making in my full-time job. Since the release of Age of Empires 4, the daily number of views has continued to increase, with the most recent day (November 7) having 190,000 views. I want you to know that I will continue to support AoE3, however, it will not be at the same level it was in the past. I hope this helps you reconcile with this decision.
Steady does it, also with the one patch once a month model there's not much you can do either way, besides trying to get some of that aoe4 people to give aoe3 a shot 8-) Hope you keep growing man
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Aussie_Drongo wrote:Thanks everyone for the really kind words in this thread, and glad to see everyone had my back.

Nice. Keep it up!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's nice of you to explain things Aussie but realistically you don't even need to do that. AoE3 is shit on by its own playerbase at this point. AoE4 is a direly needed refresh for RTS in general.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

i would never question the switch to aoe4. that's not what it was about in this topic. I really only wish you the best and the greatest monetary success
Germany lenlenlena3
Musketeer
ESO: lenlenlena

Post by lenlenlena3 »

it's early 2020 and i'm all sweaty ready to play some sweden on the ladder
https://www.twitch.tv/lenlenlena

play aoe 3 like aoe 4 doesn't even exist baby
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor

Post by MCJim »

The choice to switch to AoE4 seems very logical. Something that would be very valuable for this community though is promoting AoE3 on a AoE4 focused channel (like Aussie's one). Titles like "why every AoE4 player should try AoE3" or "why AoE3 is worth it to try out" would lead to more players to this community, I'm sure. It's fully Aussies choice whether he wants to do this or not though.

Right now I feel like AoE3:DE is lacking a "big" YouTuber. I guess the AgeofStreaming channel and ESOCTV are the only channels that consistently produce AoE3 content right now.

One side note though is that the AoE4 switch from YouTubers like SamuraiRevolution and Aussie_Drongo seems not permanent.

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

How can you say itā€™s not permanent lol? It most definitely is. Itā€™s okay to still play aoe3, but realize that the new game will almost certainly be the focus of a majority of the community moving forward.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor

Post by MCJim »

Zutazuta wrote:How can you say itā€™s not permanent lol? It most definitely is. Itā€™s okay to still play aoe3, but realize that the new game will almost certainly be the focus of a majority of the community moving forward.
I'm not sure if it's the majority... However, in case of Samurai, it's my assumption. In case of Aussie, it's based on this:
Aussie_Drongo wrote:I want you to know that I will continue to support AoE3, however, it will not be at the same level it was in the past.

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

20% on aoe3 seem unrealistic tbh. This game was almost dead before aoe4.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

I expect @H2O_ to be frantically analysing this post-game graph
Aussie_Drongo wrote: Image
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

thomasgreen6 wrote:I expect @H2O_ to be frantically analysing this post-game graph
Aussie_Drongo wrote: Image
8 tc boom
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Probably gonna be a minute til he starts aoe3 content again. It would be foolish to start doing so now while aoe4 is so hot.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

thomasgreen6 wrote:The mixtapes were enough proof of how good he was/was going to be tbh

does anyone else find the thumbnail's middle finger genuinely disturbing? the proper and only way to do it should be ..l.., with all the other fingers strict in a fist formation
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

no, the raised knuckle middle finger is much more powerful. closed fist middle fingers are for middle schoolers