[AOE4] Fishing Exploit Needs Fixed!

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

[AOE4] Fishing Exploit Needs Fixed!

Post by acergame09 »

Some players are using a vill to place docks and deleting them immediately which deletes all the fish on river maps for free. I haven't seen this in any patch notes so I hope the devs fix this exploit ASAP.

I managed to win this game, but people using this exploit will mess up your opponents macro, cost them 150 wood by building the dock, and then poof goes the fish. From the pictures, you can see 3 fish are available and then placing docks delete them.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Re: [AOE4] Fishing Exploit Needs Fixed!

Post by n0el »

seems like a good counterplay to french on river maps
mad cuz bad
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Yea that's pretty dumb. It's like how building foundations deleted herds in aoe3, except it was never really exploited much:https://www.twitch.tv/aiz11/clip/Tangib ... KappaClaus
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Well even placing your own dock near the shore makes fish disappear i feel like the whole concept of fishing needs to be reworked having it spawn away from shore line which gets unaffected by the placement of the docks
:nwc:
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

Post by acergame09 »

They should remove deleting shore fish and when you delete the dock the fish regenerates with the previous food amount. You can even delete fish with walls lol. They also should just make deep fish and shore fish have roughly the same rate of gathering. The map gens are pretty imbalanced.
Challenger_Marco wrote:Well even placing your own dock near the shore makes fish disappear I feel like the whole concept of fishing needs to be reworked having it spawn away from shore line which gets unaffected by the placement of the docks
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Iā€™ll make sure it gets fixed.
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

Post by acergame09 »

wtf :lol: It's kinda worse than deleting herds because it makes ur 150 wood investment in building a dock non-viable. It's worse than the mongol tc rush tbh. I've only had it done to me by that one guy but this is going to probably start getting abused soon.
tabben wrote:Yea that's pretty dumb. It's like how building foundations deleted herds in aoe3, except it was never really exploited much:https://www.twitch.tv/aiz11/clip/Tangib ... KappaClaus
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

stop laming French water then people wouldn't have to do this?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

well played btw acergame, you're quite high on the ladder. your aoe4 performance is impressive. hope you're enjoying the game
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

The funniest part is that Fitzyhere did it too you. @fitzbro have a talk with your brother xD
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

Post by acergame09 »

Thanks man. I haven't really played video games since 2015 so I'm kinda surprised. I don't want to get too sucked into this game as it takes a lot of time out of my days but It's too late for that :uglylol: . Luckily, I just finished a project for work so I have some extra time to blow rn.

Also as for the ladder, it's a "smurf hell" where a lot of top 20 players including TheMista, Hut, etc are playing off smurfs which saturates the top 200 ladder making it harder to break into the top 20.
iNcog wrote:well played btw acergame, you're quite high on the ladder. your aoe4 performance is impressive. hope you're enjoying the game
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

Post by acergame09 »

Thanks bro, I'll start playing Delhi and pray they ain't French on water maps.
The_Lastsamurai wrote:stop laming French water then people wouldn't have to do this?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

ah this is such an old aoe thing, but now with much smaller rivers it could be a problem. Usually its bad for you since you delete your own fish but to use it offensively is big brain
United States of America fitzbro
Musketeer
ESO: FitzBro

Post by fitzbro »

giveuanxiety wrote:The funniest part is that Fitzyhere did it too you. @fitzbro have a talk with your brother xD
He said it was to counter French so this checks out.
When in doubt, teepee out!