Empire Wars Build Orders

Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Empire Wars Build Orders

Post by AndiAOE »

Hello Community,
have you tried Empire wars yet? What Build Orders have you used? Feel Free to share them in this thread.

I'll Start:
The Ottoman - Hungary Revolution. Hits pretty good and is almost imune to aggression thanks to all the free towers. I am to lazy to type everything, so you could just see it in action in the Video
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher

Re: Empire Wars Build Orders

Post by AndiAOE »

India Flail elefants rush/Pressure:

So before i say anything else: Yes i still think flail elefants are one of the worst units of india and even in the game.
But with this Build order we try to make them work in Empire wars.

Core Idea:
Use the free castle for early agression.
We do this by utilizing the flail elefants and using our sepoy and rajput shipment to support. This will hit at 2:00 and can absolutely kill people who are not prepared.
But we do not need to kill the enemy, we are also happy to do some damage and force him to invest into defense (use his wagons for towers, deny his gameplan etc) or to deny his trading posts and get them ourselfs.
In the game i am showing you i play against german. German is probably one of the hardest civs to pull this off, because the 3 dopp shipment and free uhlans are very helpful against this strategy.

Build order:
Age up with karni mata
Get 2 houses, rest vills
Gather only food

Shipments:
700 coin, 5 sepoy, 5 rajput (...go from here), so either sowars, or wood trickle / 300 export

Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher

Post by AndiAOE »

The Suvorov Reforms Timing Attack.

Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher

Post by AndiAOE »

The Last March Of The Ents:
The Core idea of this Build order is to use the new mexican card "plan of veracruzu", which transforms all your towers into falconets and also upgrades them. Which is great news, because in empire wars it is suprisingly easy to spamm towers.

Build Order:
Get Starting food and build market
Get Hunting dogs
Age up to Age 2 with anything
Then gather a bit coin, rest food (use crate ress to get to age 3)
at the end of age 2 you should have with the wagons 1 saloon (military wagon), 2 haciendas, 1 cathedral + 1 tower + 1 market (built with wood).
Set your haciendas to coin. send the starting cows to your hacienda, try to find more livestock on map
Get to age 3 with 500 wood.
get steel traps once you clicked to age 3.

Use crates to age up to age 4
To age 4 i typically get 5 soldados.

Shipments:
1 hacienda + 2 vills
700 coin
500 food
1000 coin
1000 food
3 towers
1000 wood
9 soldados + 2 falcs
plan of veracruz

Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher

Post by AndiAOE »

Revolutionizing the empire wars game mode with this portuguese build order ;)

Brazil is a revolution which can be done with portuguese (and others)

Core idea:
Go to industrial age and use a revolution
in this case the brazil revolution, which produces a lot of revolutionaries automatically with your tcs. This is good because as portuguese you naturally will have 5 tcs in age 4 in empire wars. Then go for a timing attack and overwhelm the enemy.

Build order

Use starting ressources to get church + market + hunting dogs (market upgrade)
Age up with 2 Settler + 2 Cows
retask a few vills to coin (around 3-5)
rest stays on food (remember herding your hunts)
send 700 coin and 700 food and go to age 3 (exile prince)
Use the Wagons to get Trading Post on the route
use 1000 coin, 1000 food and 1000 wood to age up to age 4
(once you have 1000 1000 1000, send every will to coin to get 1500 additional coin for mercantilism church upgrade)
Once you sent your factories in age 4, use the revolution

If under pressure, send unit shipments and use your minutemen. Also use the wagons to get up towers
If not under pressure, you can get a saloon and more trading posts with the wagons

In revolution you want to have some gatling guns with the first push. So ideally you want to have a forward tower and send 2 rounds of gatling canons (8 gatling canons). with this army you can attack (roughly 60-70 minutemen + 8 gatling guns). I would try to force an engagement early (if feasible) by walking your 5 speed minuteman and gatling guns directly in his army/ economy. don't try to kill "useless" stuff like towers or barracks.
For longer games you can send some tcs (i like to get 9) and set your factories on HC. I would avoid the comancheros, they are kinda bad.

Deck:
Pretty standard all round deck for portuguese, so you are flexible and dont have to do revolution, if you dont think it will work.

How to play against:
I haven't lost with this BO yet so these are only my thoughts:
Brazil doesn't have good cav (haven't tried the goons yet, so maybe those are good). So you can basically only make skirm + culv and trade decent.
maybe early aggression (like the flail elephants) can catch portuguese off guard.
or a fast industrial yourself with heavy fortification (and spam towers) + Skirm + culvs.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

I have a feeling not many people play Empire Wars yet. Thanks for your build orders and videos nonetheless. I'm sure it can become quite popular.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming