Mexico is Broken?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Mexico is Broken?

Post by iNcog »

How's the balance?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

helln00 wrote:
DNLgibraltar wrote:1) Their Musketeer is OP (90f,80c, 2 pop): 300HP (Hussar =320hp), 25% hand armor, 25 dmg (x3 vs calvary), 36 ranged damage, 32 siege ( same as Pikeman). This guy eats cavalry for lunch. It's like if Samurai had become a Musketeer.
sounds more like a worse highlander tbh
Don't think so. I guess the Mexican musketeer is upgradeable as all other standard units, maybe even with hc cards, which is not the case for Highlanders.

On paper, it might look like 2x the price of a musketeer for 2x the hp and "only" 1.5x the dmg is a bad deal. But I would calculate this a bit differently. A unit with 2x the hp and dmg is significantly better than just two musketeers. A single Mexican musketeer's performance against two standard musketeers looks just alright. He kills the first musketeer after 5 shots and took 230dmg in the meantime. Then he dies after a further 4 shots, leaving the last musketeer alive with 6hp. Having two standard musketeers is only very slightly better than having one Mexican musketeer in standard combat. And the Mexican musketeer is slightly cheaper than two standard musketeers.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

DNLgibraltar wrote:1) Their Musketeer is OP (90f,80c, 2 pop): 300HP (Hussar =320hp), 25% hand armor, 25 dmg (x3 vs calvary), 36 ranged damage, 32 siege ( same as Pikeman). This guy eats cavalry for lunch. It's like if Samurai had become a Musketeer.

2) I think the 2 vils+ hacienda in Age 1 is far too good because of the vil-sec cost ( hacienda cost 600w). Haciendas have slow pay off specially at the beginning but this is a 600w& 200f card in age 1. Too gentle.

3) They have a Skirmisher card on Fortress age that: it's a combat card( +15%Hp& dmg) + let them be automatically invisible when no enemy is in their LOS + let them move at full speed while invisible. Way too powerful.

These are the things that impressed me at first look.
It's actually not even slow to pay off. The hacienda automatically generates food at 1/sec with no vills on it, so it is actually better than a 3 vill shipment early on - almost as good as a steel traps vill.
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

PatrickLFC wrote:

2) I think the 2 vils+ hacienda in Age 1 is far too good because of the vil-sec cost ( hacienda cost 600w). Haciendas have slow pay off specially at the beginning but this is a 600w& 200f card in age 1. Too gentle.

3) They have a Skirmisher card on Fortress age that: it's a combat card( +15%Hp& dmg) + let them be automatically invisible when no enemy is in their LOS + let them move at full speed while invisible. Way too powerful.

These are the things that impressed me at first look.
It's actually not even slow to pay off. The hacienda automatically generates food at 1/sec with no vills on it, so it is actually better than a 3 vill shipment early on - almost as good as a steel traps vill.
I thought it would only generate things with settlers on it. So it generates 60 food in one minute and it pays off 1 settler in 1'40"... it's better than a 3 vils card then.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

duckzilla wrote:
helln00 wrote:
sounds more like a worse highlander tbh
Don't think so. I guess the Mexican musketeer is upgradeable as all other standard units, maybe even with hc cards, which is not the case for Highlanders.

On paper, it might look like 2x the price of a musketeer for 2x the hp and "only" 1.5x the dmg is a bad deal. But I would calculate this a bit differently. A unit with 2x the hp and dmg is significantly better than just two musketeers. A single Mexican musketeer's performance against two standard musketeers looks just alright. He kills the first musketeer after 5 shots and took 230dmg in the meantime. Then he dies after a further 4 shots, leaving the last musketeer alive with 6hp. Having two standard musketeers is only very slightly better than having one Mexican musketeer in standard combat. And the Mexican musketeer is slightly cheaper than two standard musketeers.
On the upgradeability point, sure but now that mercs have mercenary contractor and also germany and swedes have mer upgrade cards I still think the comparison to with highlander still stands.

On the 2 musket comparison, sure its slightly cheaper, but note that its considerably more gold heavy then 2 musket, meaning that spamming them is much more difficult.

I expect them to perform well in low numbers situation but they wont perform well as things scale up due to their lower attack for pop.

Its like with the Maigadi again, on paper its should be pretty good, op even but with how the resource numbers work out its so difficult to use. and that thing had the stat of 2 musketeers with 1 pop