Dutch Age 1 Bank Builds

Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Dutch Age 1 Bank Builds

Post by andrewgs »

You can build a bank in age 1 and get a second age 1 shipment. This slows your subsequent banks so is less eco, but there's a few cards that can make it decent.

Put 3 vils on coin and macro around treasures for a bank. Send 3 vils. You'll age with 18 vil, sometimes 19 if bad treasures. You must start herding second hunts before you start aging otherwise you may be too late to herd them in. Most builds play out similarly to building a military building from 700w on a 15v age up. Build a market in transition so you can use the trade the coin gathered from the first bank for wood for a second bank.

Second card options

Colonial Militia
Scout for an FB and if you don't see one you can cancel it. This seems very strong against Russia and other civs that tend to rush.

7 Sheep + Pen
I think this gives a bigger eco than standard dutch builds on livestock maps. Big timing at 9-10 mins when the livestock fattens.
- FF variant: Age with naturalist, queue two vils to get to 20/20 and over pop with the age up vils. Send 700c, eat excess sheep. Similiar to a 3 bank ff but with a load of livestock bout to fatten when you age.
- FF variant 2: Build 2 banks in age 1. Age with naturalist, getting to age 2 at ~6.45. Eat a couple sheep to instantly age to III. With this build you can send CM after sheep if you scout a rush. Might be worth a market in transition if you scout a rush and need to make units.

Team Spice Trade
In 3v3 or when paired with a food heavy civ in a 2v2, this seems better than standard dutch with rax off 700w. Buy 100w as you age and build 2 rax, then a house. You'll have 9-10 skirms out first batch, then send 700w for pike batches + housing.

South Sea Bubble
Mine Coin in transition and age with the tower +200c. Time the shipment to come in after gathering the coin. Can get 1300 coin -> 1700wood, which is a bit like sending 700w in terms of villager seconds. Good for going or contesting sea. I prefer this to schooners because making warships after sending schooners sucks and you have a tower, but it is slow.

Explorer card
I think this might be decent when there's a good explorer treasure. It's fun killing vils with a dog/envoys.

Halb speed
Also fun.

Mining card, ATP
I tried these a few times but could never make these work. I feel like there's a merc, ruyter or falc build where the mining card could fit in.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: Dutch Age 1 Bank Builds

Post by callentournies »

ye i did this with halb speed. minimum 2 wood tres required. it's super super shit. gl hf
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

Doesn't have to be wood treasures, you'll be gathering coin and food for it too. Ya saw that, it got me thinking of what cards could actually be good.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I think we demonstrated in our games that this is rubbish.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

If you want to use Age1 bank builds then I would recommend joining a "3v3 ms up" deccan lobby. No utility for them otherwise.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

onfiregun17 wrote:If you want to use Age1 bank builds then I would recommend joining a "3v3 ms up" deccan lobby. No utility for them otherwise.
Just for the record: "3v3 ms max" deccan lobby - best lobby.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Age 1 bank is actually very viable on Deccan with the guaranteed 400w start on de
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I'm still waiting for dfisher to catch on
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

Do what you like andrew but I am not convinced about this age 1 bank build. ;)