AoE Tweet 11 Jan 22 - [Aoe4 Update]

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

AoE Tweet 11 Jan 22 - [Aoe4 Update]

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

hi all,

heres the latest tweet for those who havent seen it.

"Happy New Year, Age fans! We're back from scouting.

Age of Empires IV has been out for over two months, and we can’t wait to continue this journey together! We’ve got exciting plans for January and will have more details to share soon, including plans for an upcoming patch."
I have a feeling that "exciting plans for January" and "upcoming patch" is not the same statement, i.e. patch probably out next month xD (just my guess, what do you think. H)
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: AoE Tweet 11 Jan 22 - [Aoe4 Update]

Post by iNcog »

f
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

bla bla bla..
they are so bad devs..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Which games actually has good devs? I usually only hear complaining about devs lol
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iRacing
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

duckzilla wrote:Which games actually has good devs? I usually only hear complaining about devs lol
The AoE3 devs are unironically pretty good. Sure, they also leave behind a few bugs, but that's more the fault of the higher-ups pushing them to churn out new content at an astonishing rate. In the first three weeks after launch, the AoE3 devs released four patches to hotfix important bugs and one major update. It is too bad that their talent is wasted on pumping out civilizations.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yeah I dont see why people are whining about Relic honestly. Forgotten Empires also do a good job even if I dont like their bullshit civ bullshit DLC model at the moment.

We went for 10 years of bullshit moesbar and no other support. Relic is actually taking actively good support of aoe4 and people just whine. gamerz these days are just entitled lol
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

iNcog wrote:Yeah I dont see why people are whining about Relic honestly. Forgotten Empires also do a good job even if I dont like their bullshit civ bullshit DLC model at the moment.

We went for 10 years of bullshit moesbar and no other support. Relic is actually taking actively good support of aoe4 and people just whine. gamerz these days are just entitled lol
Well it’s a AAA game that isn’t being supported as such. That’s where the complaints are coming from. Also people want the game to succeed and if it’s not supported appropriately it won’t. So far it’s not being supported appropriately.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

duckzilla wrote:Which games actually has good devs? I usually only hear complaining about devs lol
Factorio probably have the best ever witnessed

It's actually insane, you can file a bug report and have it fixed the same day. They did weekly blogs about their development process and future plans. They released a free demo so you could try out the game before buying. They set a fair price on their game. They are incredibly committed, they game has been officially released 1.5 years ago and it still receives multiple times a month. They are actively looking in Reddit, Discord and their own forums for feedback.

I guess it helps they are indie. The developers actively play their own game, I am not sure how many hours AAA executives spend playing their own game.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iNcog wrote:Yeah I dont see why people are whining about Relic honestly.
Mostly about the lack of communication.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

n0el wrote:
iNcog wrote:Yeah I dont see why people are whining about Relic honestly. Forgotten Empires also do a good job even if I dont like their bullshit civ bullshit DLC model at the moment.

Well it’s a AAA game that isn’t being supported as such. That’s where the complaints are coming from. Also people want the game to succeed and if it’s not supported appropriately it won’t. So far it’s not being supported appropriately.
Well, I won't argue that I guess. It is a $60 game and there should be good, fast updates. I guess I'm just numbed from the aoe3 limbo
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

edeholland wrote:
Factorio probably have the best ever witnessed

It's actually insane, you can file a bug report and have it fixed the same day. They did weekly blogs about their development process and future plans. They released a free demo so you could try out the game before buying. They set a fair price on their game. They are incredibly committed, they game has been officially released 1.5 years ago and it still receives multiple times a month. They are actively looking in Reddit, Discord and their own forums for feedback.

I guess it helps they are indie. The developers actively play their own game, I am not sure how many hours AAA executives spend playing their own game.
It's weird, but in my experience Indie developers actually tend to offer a triple A experience, while triple A studios tend to deliver trash.

You basically get a more creative, better functioning game with better devs, for less than half the price. That's definitely the reason why I've hardly bought any games from big studios in the past years.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Riot is a good dev.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Aoe4's problem is that the engine it's built on is vastly inferior to what it should have been.
I heard that the game operates on 8Hz.... for real? I keep seeing videos pop up that show the nature of the game's mechanics and how many little and almost unnoticeable bugs it causes.
Good luck trying to fix all of that.

While they are busy with that people expect new content.. which.. suprise.. causes even more bugs :ship: