How about grens against atp @bwinner ?
#trainableSpahi
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: botto guide

Post by bwinner »

aqwer wrote:How about grens against atp @bwinner ?

Yeah I think there was a good game of Kaiser making use of them. Although it wasn't really necessary, just a small optimization maybe.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Am I nuts or is silk road only a team card available in age II?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

HeadKilla wrote:Am I nuts or is silk road only a team card available in age II?

Changed on EP.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

You mentioned a greedier FF, @bwinner. Is it at all viable to do a mix or is it too slow/vulnerable? (TP map)

As in, do a normal tower FF, tower forward, 700g, 700w, rax next to it during aging, make Jans, up with 4 huss. Then fake pressure a bit with jan/4 huss if applicable.

Now the difference: ship 1k wood, use it plus 700w to get a second TC (prolly next to tower), vet Jan, Foundry, mosque+ first 2 bill upgrades, market and some upgrades.

Meanwhile, basically don't chop wood, don't get stagecoach (too greedy), keep making vet Jans, keep on playing normally (like 2 falc/8 Jan), eventually 1k gold/add some abus and/or mams.

In short: do a normal tower FF, but go 1k wood first for second TC and mosque "boom", but aside from that keep playing normally (to avoid getting destroyed by an earlier fortress skirm timing).
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

Post by almalek »

thanks for the recs and the guide.
Australia ChoppeR
Crossbow
ESO: ChoppeR

Post by ChoppeR »

Questions regarding FI revolt strat...

I have seen this done a few times, even known it is happening, but still cannot figure out how to defeat it.

Does anyone with more skill than I have any commentary regarding how they would stop this. I have tried all in colonial, musk semi to musk cannon. They seem to be able to get to fortress and delay you really doing damage, before getting to industrial soon after than its game.

Any advice appreciated
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Walls + Lots of Dragoons + a few Skirms should do the trick (to defend the Revo). Focus the Imp. Hussars and any bombards they might have, after those are gone you should win, even if they were greedy and shipped factories. Also be diligent with your vills, Imp. hussars kill them very quickly and otto should split 2-3 off after the initial fight to raid while the rest of the army sieges. If you want to pressure before the revolt you need to push while the fort is building i guess, so around 7:45.

Also what civ are you playing?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Does petarding the otto TC ever work?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

gamevideo113 wrote:Does petarding the otto TC ever work?
Tbh depends on the type of revolt
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia ChoppeR
Crossbow
ESO: ChoppeR

Post by ChoppeR »

Typically playing as British. How would you deal with bombard when there is colonial militia supporting. Cav get munched.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

SoL_The_Crusher wrote:Typically playing as British. How would you deal with bombard when there is colonial militia supporting. Cav get munched.
Culverin, the anti-artillery unit.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

SoL_The_Crusher wrote:Typically playing as British. How would you deal with bombard when there is colonial militia supporting. Cav get munched.
grenadiers

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

There are literally 20 CM usually due to Ottos bad vill production. Really, Walls + Goons + a few Skirms to pick the militia off should do fine. Or i guess Longbows as Brit. Also you do have thrice ottos eco at the time he revolts, you really shouldn't have an issue attritioning him down. The thing is time is on your side. If you can stall the main fight by using walls, picking away at him he will not have reinforcements. If you stall the main fight he isnt going to get shipments due to low xp income, and factories + stagecoach he might have arent going to produce much shit, while every 30-40 seconds you as brit should get 15 Military Pop more. And once you won, or even lost the initial fight but killed most of his shit its gg.

Also to refer to what callen said, going foundry and getting a few falcs + culvs + a mass of goons should also work nicely. You could even sneak a few petards around the corners of the map once his main army is at your base to blow up his shipment points.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I love how such simple stuff as noob jan rush stuff can evolve !

I'm quite sure that the best way to make 2 raxx shit is making market during transition, and then buy houses from 700g. Then you can "compensate" by selling a bit from 700f or put some vills to gold. HD is quite good if you have all vills on food.
Brazil gks13
Crossbow
ESO: gks_

Post by gks13 »

Wow i could learn otto so fast with this guide ♥ make for others civs please
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Astaroth wrote:You mentioned a greedier FF, @bwinner. Is it at all viable to do a mix or is it too slow/vulnerable? (TP map)

As in, do a normal tower FF, tower forward, 700g, 700w, rax next to it during aging, make Jans, up with 4 huss. Then fake pressure a bit with jan/4 huss if applicable.

Now the difference: ship 1k wood, use it plus 700w to get a second TC (prolly next to tower), vet Jan, Foundry, mosque+ first 2 bill upgrades, market and some upgrades.

Meanwhile, basically don't chop wood, don't get stagecoach (too greedy), keep making vet Jans, keep on playing normally (like 2 falc/8 Jan), eventually 1k gold/add some abus and/or mams.

In short: do a normal tower FF, but go 1k wood first for second TC and mosque "boom", but aside from that keep playing normally (to avoid getting destroyed by an earlier fortress skirm timing).
Yes, it is very possible to do any adaptation, but then you need to really know what you are doing and adapt well to the opponent. This is not really my playstyle to do this kind of mixed strategy, I usually prefere to rely on one plan but variations are still possible I think.

SoL_The_Crusher wrote:Questions regarding FI revolt strat...

I have seen this done a few times, even known it is happening, but still cannot figure out how to defeat it.

Does anyone with more skill than I have any commentary regarding how they would stop this. I have tried all in colonial, musk semi to musk cannon. They seem to be able to get to fortress and delay you really doing damage, before getting to industrial soon after than its game.

Any advice appreciated

The best way is to iddentify as soon as possible that it is going on, so have your scouting on point because if you can push befor the fort is up, you've basically won.
Still most of the time you won't be able to push befor the fort is up, but that's not the end, you can try to still right click befor the opponent revolts, but that's very risky because if he can revolt when you are in his base, you are very likelly to lose. Otherwise, you can try to establish a good defens and fight with a good composition vs what ottomans has. Remember that ottomans will only be able to have 3 kinds of units: imp huss, great bombards and colonial militia which are musketeer type. So with some civs, it's possible to counter hard this composition: rr as sioux or ww as german for instance.
Otherwise you can try to wall a lot and have goons+canons behind it, but it's in fact easier to say than to do because you'll need to be very quick with that.
So to repeat myself, in any case, the most important thing is to iddentify otto is going age 4 as fast as possible.

somppukunkku wrote:I love how such simple stuff as noob jan rush stuff can evolve !

I'm quite sure that the best way to make 2 raxx shit is making market during transition, and then buy houses from 700g. Then you can "compensate" by selling a bit from 700f or put some vills to gold. HD is quite good if you have all vills on food.
Oh I havn't tried it but it looks good indeed. I also think market is underrated with ottomans in this kind of situation.

gks13 wrote:Wow i could learn otto so fast with this guide ♥ make for others civs please
I am pleased to read that :)
I won't make for other civs, because I wouldn't be legit to do so for the simple reason I lack too much knowledges with them. I could do it with ottomans because I was kind of the only player who had really explored the civ on ep6.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

You are the light of noob(otto)!
thx :smile:
No Flag IsThisGuideGood
Crossbow

Post by IsThisGuideGood »

400w ff build when?
United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Post by KnArLoC »

What's the ideal strat for otto vs sweden? Age 2 jan/abus or try to FF? And for inca I assume its FF for cannons? Thanks in advance :)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

FF
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Ff is overated
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm sure otto ff just easily loses to sweden. If you want to win, go jan abus stagecoach and most likely age up
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

spoilers are broken @EAGLEMUT @musketeer925 is thish part of update?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

Since the thread got bumped, I will like to ask the reverse question that knarloc asked: How you beat Jan/Abus as Sweden? Honestly it's feels like Swedes don't have anything to fight this composition.

Abus shits on Caroleans, and the Jans on meele mode is a great shield against any Carolean charge/Cavalry attack.
Crossbow just get kitted to death by the Abus.
The mercenaries are super expensive, have a terrible training time and are not as strong as the Germans counterparts.
And that leather cannon looks scary, but in reality the unit is sort of bad. Especially against Abus that bypass their ranged resistance.

So what do you do against that?