Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

Post by callentournies »

First of all I want to say thank you united empires. From great seeding to community-building (POTD sighting) the crab cup/EUC Spring Cup/Fair Player League has been a breath of air.

“What's in a name?"

That which we call an rose injustice by any other name would smell just as sweet rank.”

Fair Player League betrays its namesake. One cannot mask stench with sweet vows.

I. PBing (permanently banning)

Subarticle a): Mod Abuse in Rohbrot's Chat

I woke up in good spirits because I had discord pings -- crabgot kindly critiquing a game I'd just played while asleep. Opponent's name was "Harrison." Frankly, ridiculous. Everyone knows I'm [Royal] - [FPLC] I_HaRRiiSoN_I/UwU_HaRRiiSoN_UwU/I_HaiRRySoN_I/I_HaRRiiDaD_I, NOT Harrison. So crab sullied my good name:
crabsdfasdfas.PNG
Since I was up I started chatting. Chatted, "who's Harrison?" I was timed out for 10-seconds. I was timed out for 10-seconds three more times allthewhile allegedly playing rohbrot again. The timeouts made so little sense even streamer Rohbrot noticed. Rohbrot confirmed the abusive mod's identity:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidSpookyBill ... NN5RdEViWI

Subarticle b): pwssoem
Bruised but not broken I followed the crowd to UEC's chat for semi finals match lukas_L[ow/and] vs kynes[ie/ea]. Banned chats/chatters don't appear in the VOD replay but basically it happened like this:

playwithsquirrelssoem: im back from vacation
lowest_vs_lift: pwssoem
fairplayerchat.PNG
mementomori202 fell victim too. mementomori202 was chatting about nilla.

II. MHing (map hacking)
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat

Public opinion is not a court trial. Public opinion is not accountable to the court of law. I am not a judge or juror, prosecutor or defender, defendant or plaintiff. I am a member of the public, perplexed at why a player can host their not-live tournament match with observer mode enabled and pause the game multiple times without an inquiry.

Maybe that's all we want. An inquiry. Maybe we would suspect less potential injustice from UEC if UEC founder didn't perform injustice in other chats. Maybe we just crave reassurance. Reassurance breeze/kyn finals wasn't subconsciously set up. Reassurance Fair Player League is Fair. Reassurance I'll be unbanned, mementomori202 too, and that the only persons being biased are those not in a position of authority.

Bridges burnt, bridges rebuilt, bridges going about unused.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Good thread imo

Monaco redrocket
Musketeer

Re: Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

Post by redrocket »

I'm glad you stepped forward about this many people would have been silent and feared the backlash but you stepped up and said something.

I support you and support this.

I think this constant banning and timing out in chats is highly unprofessional also considering the fact that UEC is an upcoming tournament provider, it should be aiming to reach higher standards and
keeping a certain level of professionalism to make their tournaments more appealing, even if it is a mostly community based tournament, there is still money involved.

The reason why you were banned I assume is because you typed "pwsoem" which is actually a derogatory remark used to insult the mod that banned you, it has a bigger story behind it which i'm pretty sure you didn't know about and actually was spammed with insulting german messages in the first tournament beforehand and on many streams, hence why they're so strict about it this tournament.

I cannot say for sure and I also don't know about the other times, seems very unprofessional from whatever moderators regardless.

Also the second point is so true, I don't know about maphacks but when you could literally enable obs mode and live spectate the game with low delay while voice calling to your friend on discord, feeding you information about your opponent and the map, is this correct?
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Re: Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

Post by EliteRifleman »

Howdah

Post by callentournies »

redrocket wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2022, 18:38
The reason why you were banned I assume is because you typed "pwsoem" which is actually a derogatory remark used to insult the mod that banned you
I did not know this. I thought it was an affectionate abbreviation.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
No Flag United_empires
Crossbow

Post by United_empires »

Hello boys and girls!

The reason why author and other users have been banned is clear, there has been excessive trolling and harassment attempt going into one of the users of the community since months, we have been over this for many times. Our community guideline among with our rules are very clear https://discord.com/channels/7556284884 ... 8143622196

Due to the violation of "1) We do not tolerate the hurting and exclusion of other human beings. This is no place for racism, sexism, phobias and other such things." Several users have been banned including the author of the thread. We want to foster a culture of trust and honesty. Criticism, speaking out and talking about uncomfortable things is welcome, as long as it comes out of a place of honesty, respecting other opinions and being constructive.

The bans for harrassment of others and excessive trolling in UEC events are typically permanent, but it doesn't mean administration doesn't hold the right to review it in the future.

Enjoy the finals now! viewtopic.php?p=574251#p574251
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

To me it looks like a misspelling of "awesome" and google agrees.

We deserve to know the truth behind all of these injustices. The injusticeers must be brought to light.
Attachments
pwsoem.png
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

hello boys and girls,
i enjoy the tourney so much bc its highly competetiv. im a little bit sad about my ban today bc i dont write anything in the chat and i got randomly banned. so i understand callen and his post

"The Admins are Crabgot, EliteRifleman,PWS and Nicius. We have Revnak and Kynesie as consultants. The consultants only give suggestions, they do not participate in the direct administration of the tournament under any circumstances."
Estonia Paul312
Skirmisher
ESO: Cla$$ic -Classic_aoe
Clan: KEKs

Post by Paul312 »

Howdah

Post by callentournies »

United_empires wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2022, 19:53
The reason why author and other users have been banned is clear
I posit it isn't clear. I did hpc xd equivalent with pwssoem in an affectionate manner to welcome playingwithsquirrelssoem back from vacation.

If it has been repeat issue, was it ever posted publicly thereby establishing its repeatedness? Was an explanation ever offered, or warning issued beforehand?
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Estonia Paul312
Skirmisher

Post by Paul312 »

hpc xD
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

No idea what is going on but Rohgod is a good nickname.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Monaco redrocket
Musketeer

Post by redrocket »

On another note, I think the germans should stop trolling their own landsmen and start recruiting instead, they need more better players, ezad is carrying the entire nation hard rn but I think he will switch to the spanish side if this continues.
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

Does anyone in this thread or forum support the tourney admins other than the tourney admins themselves? Oh and the tourney consultants who do not participate in the tourney administration under any circumstance? The disparity in post likes and opinions shared so far is striking
look wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Estonia Paul312
Skirmisher

Post by Paul312 »

friendly reminder!:
now that the tournament is over you can unfollow united_empires on twitch.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

United_empires wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2022, 19:53
"1) We do not tolerate the hurting and exclusion of other human beings. This is no place for racism, sexism, phobias and other such things." Several users have been banned including the author of the thread. We want to foster a culture of trust and honesty.
lol wait is this really part of the community guidelines for a tourney run by crabgot?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

OP posted in a thread that I made, so OP gets my support
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Peru Ezad
Advanced Player
ESO: Ezad

Post by Ezad »

I think the tourney could have been good if they didnt mess up so many things:
1,Their Rules
-Civ Reset in a Bo5
- Some Civ Bans like Inca or ethio
-shitty mappool with unbalanced maps (horn with ridiculous Seatreasures)
- Changing the seedings in their favour to create Good matches.

2, The Admins, mods
-Banning several people who werent even involved in the twitch drama e.g. Some guy named benni who asked pwsoem how his vacation went or momentomori
- Really really questionable admin deciscion:
a, my case: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hot_69.png
b, kynesie breeze: "The Team decided to let game 3 not count, but let them rematch on the right map (carolina), and setting the score to 3-0. Depending on the outcome of the match the best of 7 will continue on the 5th map on the map pool. Both players will recieve a warning, Kynesie therefore has 2 warnings already, if @ Kynesie will recieve another warning he will get a ban for future tourneys. The matches will be played as soon as both players, @ Revnak and @ Kynesie are available."
--> I get a Loss for playing wrong map but in the finals its fine no problem since Breeze and Kynesie are consultants of the tourney ig
- Having consultants is good but its weird that both consultants went to the finals with a really good mappool in their favour whole tourney. Not implying something but its just wEiRd

Some tournament participants said they wont take part in the next event of UEC, since many things are just stacked up, wishing all luck to the tourney-staff but with that tourney you kinda ruined ur own reputation
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Ezad wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 09:36
1,Their Rules
-Civ Reset in a Bo5

2, The Admins, mods
-Banning several people who werent even involved in the twitch drama e.g. Some guy named benni who asked pwsoem how his vacation went or momentomori
- Really really questionable admin deciscion:
a, my case: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hot_69.png
b, kynesie breeze: "The Team decided to let game 3 not count, but let them rematch on the right map (carolina), and setting the score to 3-0. Depending on the outcome of the match the best of 7 will continue on the 5th map on the map pool. Both players will recieve a warning, Kynesie therefore has 2 warnings already, if @ Kynesie will recieve another warning he will get a ban for future tourneys. The matches will be played as soon as both players, @ Revnak and @ Kynesie are available."
--> I get a Loss for playing wrong map but in the finals its fine no problem since Breeze and Kynesie are consultants of the tourney ig
- Having consultants is good but its weird that both consultants went to the finals with a really good mappool in their favour whole tourney. Not implying something but its just wEiRd

Some tournament participants said they wont take part in the next event of UEC, since many things are just stacked up, wishing all luck to the tourney-staff but with that tourney you kinda ruined ur own reputation
Well it seems obvious but you took a loss and the mappool is the worst i've seen (like araucania and dhaka in the same round for example rofl) so it's obvious that breeze is not just a simple "consultants"

But hum the map pool without kidding what was that ?
Image Image
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Crab seems to always suspect you of smurfing, I don't know if you traumatized him in game, or you banned him from your channel.
I barely followed this tourney, but when I first saw it, I checked the brackets and thought "so Breeze and Kynesie are going to the final". I don't know about any MHing, just based on the maps and other things.

@callentournies If the bridge is unused, I'll meet you under it, I got 15 bucks for you.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

what the hell is a united empire
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Im so confused with so many things.
Why is seed 1 and 2 tournament consultants, why did ezad get a map loss whilst kynesie and breeze get to replay the map, why is inca not banned, why is it hard to select the right map.

Oh and what caused kynesie to get 2 warnings and why is that not a ban already especially considering his history
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

And why is the bracket so blatantly rigged from the start
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

harcha wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2022, 19:56
To me it looks like a misspelling of "awesome" and google agrees.

We deserve to know the truth behind all of these injustices. The injusticeers must be brought to light.
There is double s
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah totally agree with basically everything Ezad said regarding the rules etc. Didn't really follow the twitch drama or admin decisions
Ezad wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 09:36
1,Their Rules
-Civ Reset in a Bo5
Exactly, with a civ reset in bo5 you only need to win with 2 civs, which is pretty ridiculous considering the current state of balance combined with no civ bans. The seeding is definitely questionable too and the map pool is trash.
The annoying thing is that the admins pretended they just "don't know". Like they don't know what maps are competitive, what rules are good, what civs are broken. That's what I was told when I complained last tourney, and this tourney as well.
Like, can't you just take a look at rules from other tournies..? Can't you ask experienced people for help? Isn't that the job of their so-called "consultants" anyway? And well, why are you organizing tournies if you really don't know how to?
Yeah the map pool seemed just really not competitive and biased towards their playstyle. It was so suspicious that some people PM'd me about it before the tourney even started.
People should just join the next legacy tourney instead :hmm:
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..