Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Re: Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

Post by Scylla-x »

As a neutral I think all the people that got banned for typing 'pwsoem' need to be unbanned because that's been blown way out of proportion.

I enjoyed the tournament and watched almost all rounds on twitch, it was nice to see new maps used though perhaps greater care needs to be taken to ensure they're all at least moderately competitive and allow for various strategies.

I don't think anything untoward happened in the tournament, though rules need to be applied equally so if 1 player got a loss for choosing the wrong map then everyone should.

Civs certainly should not be banned either, Inca isn't so OP as to deserve a ban not at all on the level of old sweden or hausa. It may appear very strong but kynesie is 1 of the best players and the best inca player by far. He'll likely win after the carolina replay and convincingly beat kaiserklein on the way. Well deserved in my opinion.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Fair Player Cup Unfairly Banning Viewers, Unfairly Not Inquiring Unfair Players

Post by princeofcarthage »

gibson wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 21:22
LazarosVas wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 21:11
@gibson You are easy work
I'm a 4th degree black belt in taekwondo and have fought 11 amateur MMA fights. I was also in the marines for 2 years before being honorably discharged due to my vision going down hill. The only way you wouldnt tap out/be knocked out within 3 minutes is if you're much larger than me(or a very experienced fighter), and I believe you mentioned you're 85 kg in a different thread(my size almost exactly), meaning you have no shot. You're a text book beta bitch, going around challenging random nerds on the internet lol. Obviously I'll never get the chance to actually beat your ass since you're half way across the world, but it does bring me pleasure knowing that I could, and very easily at that.
Pls, I have seen you in twitch cams. I could easily whoop your ass and leave hanging upside down on liberty all the while eating tacos and churros with my main hand.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

lenlenlena3 wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 19:58
@harcha
I explained exactly what I meant in the second half better, it feels like this pw is becoming a taboo word that has backlash if you use it but its also more appealing if it's a taboo word that you're not allowed to say, which makes people want to say it more hence why all these people got banned for typing it ....
I think my confusion arises from this part. Usually I don't want to scream the n word just because it is not allowed, call me weird :uglylol:
Sensei wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 21:48
real units (lbs)
This is concerning to me, how is elbees a real unit?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Swamp ass from the conditions
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

@Squamiger Well I am from Greece english is not my 1st language so I dont know what it means.

As for Gibson I would really like to get the chance to meet you in the future, Maybe in a aoe 3 community gathering if it ever happens.
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

United_empires wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 16:27
About kaiser part, The day kynesie and himself played, Kynesie sent me all messages including the chat room where kaiser kept flaming harder again and again, Kynesie was gonna forfeit the tournament because he was mentally stressed after kaiser kept harrassing him for the entire series,
Euhh no :lol:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@LazarosVas google it
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@princeofcarthage hi princy
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Mr_Bramboy wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2022, 07:45
@princeofcarthage hi princy
I said don't call me princy. It is upsetting and triggering me. You abusive mod.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany Stereo Typ
Crossbow

Post by Stereo Typ »

The_Crabgot wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2022, 15:19
Is this a community forum or does everyone just come here to cry about something im actually confused because of the amount of cry babies on here talking about a map pool was reason for losing how about if your actually a top player you adapt and learn to play these maps its meant to be difficult lol and there was no biased agenda but i guess thats what everyone wants cause they think they can complain until its changed to fit there narrative the brackets were great to even see someone complain shows that they were just upset it wasnt a free win up to bracket ladder everyone just cries so much its ridiculous lol its like a pre school and then when anyone comments and stands up for themselves its toxic i could honestly care less we tried to do something nice for community Callen received 1% of what he dishes out and now everyone is sitting here with some tissues wiping tears away about how unfair everything was its honestly so childish and im typing and saying this from my mindset not from UEC standpoint to be clear but im not gonna bother even trying when we have "pros" crying and coming up with so many excuses to why the tournament was bad but only because they got eliminated lol maybe just get better learn more maps more civs you know basic principle of the game. seems like everyone is so emotional and then whenever callen or his Little Kid Crew get anything done to them they turn onto this gossip group and cry about it and then every pathetic soul on here chimes in someone said it yesterday that the community is filled with sheep and just follow the person in front and i think this is a prime example of it instead of making up excuses to why we lost just improve and learn from it.

Kaiserklein is for sure the best player so thats probably why its even more upsetting when he gets upset about map pool or something granted we did say we would address this and sure we didnt make it picture perfect for the second tournament so there is still things to be working out but brackets were made fair and most players including mitoe enjoyed them. Kaiser i think can agree he was angry in the moment and it happens out of emotion thats why it was a simple 1 tournament ban cause we dont wanna keep pro's from participating like people have done too tit and kynesie its just bad for the game nothing can be perfect but when everyone just comes to complain its just a shit fest of cries and i can see why devs might not listen when we have people typing like this....

Ezad Please grow up and or act like the person i met when you coached me i dont know what your beef with breeze has to do with brackets breeze doesnt even know map pools until 24 hours before like the rest lol and he didnt even see brackets until the same as everyone else you fucking tell me where the bracket was biased and or set up for some people cause you cant everyone had hurdles and tough opponents infront of them granted your a great player and i always tell you this so start acting like one and stop making excuses please.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
this is better than anything on TV, honestly. I'm not even real part of this community and its ridiculous.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

25 Apr 2022, 22:06
@Sensei

1) 5 foot 10
2) 188 Lbs
3) 5 foot 11
4) 308Lbs (On Video) / 374 Lbs (Not on Video) ass to the ground / 473Lbs (On Video) Conventional
5) I dont know what that means

@callentournies I am not that good in arm wrestling so I guess if that guy is decent he could own me.
Considering these results, you are definitely not the strongest nor the biggest in esoc. This was a scam.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

@harcha I am uncircumcised then

@princeofkabul I doubt there are many bigger and stronger guys in here, I reached 89kg this offseason, and I aint talking about fat here, I can easily become 100kg if I want to.

Give me a guy with better powerlifting overalls (and I dont even train for power) in esoc, I doubt you can find more than 10.
Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

Dibs on referee for the fight
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

I once lifted my mouse despite it being all sticky and gluey
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

26 Apr 2022, 10:48

@princeofkabul I doubt there are many bigger and stronger guys in here, I reached 89kg this offseason, and I aint talking about fat here, I can easily become 100kg if I want to.

Give me a guy with better powerlifting overalls (and I dont even train for power) in esoc, I doubt you can find more than 10.
Me for example, however not currently so also not relevant. @Warno for sure. He is a gym owner, Was part of Canadian national team in weightliting and also my mentor when I was powerlifting.

PS. Under 100 kg are measured in Child healthcare centers.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Scylla-x wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2022, 03:59
Civs certainly should not be banned either, Inca isn't so OP as to deserve a ban not at all on the level of old sweden or hausa.
Inca is absolutely busted and abusive and pretty much everyone decent is aware of that.
It may appear very strong but kynesie is 1 of the best players and the best inca player by far. He'll likely win after the carolina replay and convincingly beat kaiserklein on the way. Well deserved in my opinion.
The carolina replay?
Anyway, I'm gonna be a dick but... You can see his level in our match in the 2 games where he didn't use inca or hausa.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofkabul wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2022, 12:23
26 Apr 2022, 10:48

Me for example, however not currently so also not relevant. @Warno for sure. He is a gym owner, Was part of Canadian national team in weightliting and also my mentor when I was powerlifting.

PS. Under 100 kg are measured in Child healthcare centers.
God youre massive :love:
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

LionChad can probably powerlift all of you piled up and then unrevolt to Mexico and type gg
look wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Post by Scylla-x »

Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2022, 13:03
Civs certainly should not be banned either, Inca isn't so OP as to deserve a ban not at all on the level of old sweden or hausa.
Inca is absolutely busted and abusive and pretty much everyone decent is aware of that.
It may appear very strong but kynesie is 1 of the best players and the best inca player by far. He'll likely win after the carolina replay and convincingly beat kaiserklein on the way. Well deserved in my opinion.
The carolina replay?
Anyway, I'm gonna be a dick but... You can see his level in our match in the 2 games where he didn't use inca or hausa.
It's not a case of just removing garrisoning though, because without water or the stronghold they can't compete.
Kancha house gives 15 pop so 150 wood worth, that means the trickle of 0.6food is costing 30 wood, compare that to 35 wood for a free brit vill, 35 wood for a torp gathering etc. Even mexico's haciendas are basically 7 kanchas when trickling food. Inca's units are quite weak too, bowmen are bad vs heavy inf and only 17 range, no way to deal with a skirm mass either. Huaracas without a fort get out ranged and countered by artillery which they should beat, 4 huaracas is like equal res to a falc too, they don't trade cost effectively at all with 20 range.
Inca has also been nerfed in age 3 with the shipments, no infinite huaraca now. So it's a case of picking off those huaracas. You're way better than I am of course but I don't think it's unbeatable.

Yeah I did laugh at the russia v japan game, russia do counter them hard but it seemed he made poor decisions there. Surprising considering he plays japan more than inca even.
All things said though nothing stops you from using inca or hausa too or other strong civs, ethiopia timing with the sudan age up would have beat inca easily for example.
I've watched you for many years and as a fan I'd really like to see you and other top players learn and play more new civs.

Better luck in the next tournament anyway.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

26 Apr 2022, 16:14
It's not a case of just removing garrisoning though, because without water or the stronghold they can't compete.
Kancha house gives 15 pop so 150 wood worth, that means the trickle of 0.6food is costing 30 wood, compare that to 35 wood for a free brit vill, 35 wood for a torp gathering etc. Even mexico's haciendas are basically 7 kanchas when trickling food. Inca's units are quite weak too, bowmen are bad vs heavy inf and only 17 range, no way to deal with a skirm mass either. Huaracas without a fort get out ranged and countered by artillery which they should beat, 4 huaracas is like equal res to a falc too, they don't trade cost effectively at all with 20 range.
Inca has also been nerfed in age 3 with the shipments, no infinite huaraca now. So it's a case of picking off those huaracas. You're way better than I am of course but I don't think it's unbeatable.
The eco isn't a problem at all anymore. It's just that you can't ever stop their FF and you can't realistically prevent the fort from going up and it can be shipped anywhere which is ridiculous. And then they just start laming the worst mechanic in the game, aka garrisoning units in the fort. You can't petard the fort because huaracas rape petards. You can't go falcs because huaracas will one shoot them. All other units get raped by the fort's ridiculous DPS, and huaracas just deal a ton of damage to any unit as well, and hand cav can't ever catch them. Anything can pop out of the fort too if you try to commit. Oh and meanwhile your base is getting shat on by huaracas too. Just tell me how that's not the most retarded strat in the game.
Ah and btw jungle bows are super strong.
All things said though nothing stops you from using inca or hausa too or other strong civs, ethiopia timing with the sudan age up would have beat inca easily for example.
With that kind of reasoning, you end up having only otto and iro played on RE. No, the lame civs should simply be banned. Or just give players 1 or 2 civ bans of their choice or something.
Besides I'm not gonna invest time learning a stupid and boring civ that does the same build every single game and relies on abusive mechanics. And which gets revamped every second patch because the game development is a disaster.
I've watched you for many years and as a fan I'd really like to see you and other top players learn and play more new civs.
I will never play these new civs because they will never be fun nor balanced. And if many other good players decide not to lame them, it's probably because they have the same opinion. And that's also why the legacy tourney was a success.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

I will never play these new civs because they will never be fun nor balanced. And if many other good players decide not to lame them, it's probably because they have the same opinion. And that's also why the legacy tourney was a success.
i love u Kaiser and the legacy tournament. it was the best tournament on definitiv edition so far. many new players play a big role on twitch but have no skill but a big mouth. luckily not at the only good tournament
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Civs certainly should not be banned either, Inca isn't so OP as to deserve a ban not at all on the level of old sweden or hausa. It may appear very strong but kynesie is 1 of the best players and the best inca player by far. He'll likely win after the carolina replay and convincingly beat kaiserklein on the way. Well deserved in my opinion.
If not outright civ bans then at the very least there should be no civ reset in bo5s and/or players should be able to ban a civ of their choice. I didn't think it was very interesting watching kynesie beat kaiser by playing inca twice, and the whole combination of civ rules/map pool/kynesie and breeze being tournament consultants and being in finals/kynesie pausing in his games vs lukas with obs mode enabled/kynesie's history made the whole thing feel very weird.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

reminds me of the time kynesie enabled classic rules instead of standard so kaister couldnt trade monopoly with lakota.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol didn't know about that one