THE AOE3 COMMUNITY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

THE AOE3 COMMUNITY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

Post by Challenger_Marco »

So Apparently RedBull revealed their tourney ( and it doesn't have aoe3 de.

As you can see below a comment from @GKShaman :

This is truly unfair that aoe3 de is left out even though for years we have been hosting tournaments through community donations and we never had big prizepool or external support for a long time.

So I joined their Redbull discord server to ask about aoe3 apparently a guy called Chris who seems to have role of admin & told to propose something.

So I urge everyone to write some ideas here on behalf of the community so we can present a formal petition.

After seeing all the ideas, we can sum up as a whole and write a formal letter. In this decade this is currently our best shot to see some aoe3 LAN action.

Key Rules:

Also avoid disparaging other AOE games (Their decision on AOE1, 2, 4 are final).

Read all previous reasons and post new ones. UPVOTE the ones that agree with your reasons.

If English isn't your first language - STILL POST - we will edit and help you!

Thank you!
:nwc:
United States of America GKShaman
ESOC Media Team
ESO: GKShaman
Clan: RoyaL

Re: THE AOE3 COMMUNITY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

Post by GKShaman »

I'll start:

AOE3 has had a consistent viewer base for the last 17 years of the 25 years that Redbull is commemorating in this event and has recently received a lot of support through community patches and later formal game updates through Definitive Edition. Furthermore we have had the several DLCs which have kept the community consistent and reliable.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Well, I think if we get the chance, ideally ESOC with support from United Empires and Royal Clan will organize this.

PS: This is my personal opinion.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

AoE3 has the best soundtrack, should be included for that reason alone
Germany InaLeto
Crossbow
ESO: InaLeto

Post by InaLeto »

It would be a great opportunity to show the beauty of AoEIII to a greater numbers of viewers! And this community has rly good casters!
Germany Nicius
Crossbow
ESO: NiciusGER

Post by Nicius »

Age of Empires III had a consistant playerbase since release, around 1000-2000 players daily.

That has been for years, without official support. But from us - the community!
We made organized a fanpatch to make the game more enjoyable and keep the game engaging with constant balance changes.

Up to this point several amount of communityevents have been made, made from us - for us. The entire budget from the event has been gathered throughout the generous community , as well as the ESOC events.

When Definitive released the player numbers skyrocket through the roof, and manifested themselves where we are today, 2000-5000 people playing daily, and Definitive Edition only gotten better with constant quality of life changes, exciting balance changes and 8 new Civilizations, 40+ new maps, 3 new gamemodes, 10+ new Native / minor civilizations and hundrets of hundrets of quality of life changes!

We know age of empires III is the most unique RTS from the entire series, but that is evenmore the reason the reason to show support to the most unique game, to show players how great age of empires III can be with the game and the community.

Thats all i can think of
No Flag antzishere
Crossbow

Post by antzishere »

Here is my opinion and thoughts.

While there are several clans and event organizers in the AOE3 community, ESOC seems to still be the central place where our community gathers. As @Challenger_Marco has suggested, we should gather our thoughts here in this thread and appoint someone with good and persuasive writing to create a petition. This thread can be used by the creator of the petition to support his/her arguments with "reasons why" AOE3 should be included in the Red Bull tournament.

Once the petition is created, another ESOC post should be created with a link to the petition. At that point, the biggest clans, event organizers, content creators, and players can get the word out and ask the broader community to sign the petition. Some possible ideas to explore in this thread include statistics on player base, steam users, dev support (patches, updates, DLC, etc.), past tournaments, and whatever else would convince the Red Bull organizers that AOE3 should be included. Anyways, these are just my thoughts and opinions.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

I think what they actually want is for someone to produce a tournament/showmatch proposal, detail how it would be run, when, how much it would cost, who would be the casters etc.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I think it would be good to show them this:

When EscapeAoe did their LAN tournament in 2019 they really showed what is possible when you give aoe3 a substantial prizepool and high production values. I've been religiously watching big sc2 tournaments since 2018 and some of the big aoe2 ones as well, and imo this was up there as one of the most exciting RTS tournaments I've ever watched.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Some Update
:nwc:
No Flag simlo
Crossbow

Post by simlo »

aoe3 has a lot of artilery and cannons, which makes for great viewing experience. also the grafics are amazing
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Post by Adribird »

Hopefully you can reach an agreement and be all one.
Colombia hellhammer99
Crossbow
ESO: hellhammer99

Post by hellhammer99 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
18 May 2022, 17:31
Some Update
Man do you think is possible? The wording makes me think a 50/50.
Finland tempires
Crossbow
ESO: Tempires

Post by tempires »

Just tell them that AoE3:DE has empire wars like aoe2:DE if they need even faster action than what standard offers
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Post by Adribird »

tempires wrote:
18 May 2022, 18:20
Just tell them that AoE3:DE has empire wars like aoe2:DE if they need even faster action than what standard offers
AoE3 doesn't need EW, it's already fast by itself.

Let's see if, at least, they get a Showmatch.

Enough of the mistreatment of AoE3.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I'd be up for hosting something to be fair, although people saying AOE3 has enough casters for this kind of thing to be run with a huge prize pool are kinda wrong.

Also remember that the AOE1 tournament is in vietnam, that's important.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It kinda makes sense if you ignore the event in Vietnam which is an outlier. Only AOE2 has enough mass mindshare to reach a broader audience and 4 has just been launched so there isn't really any conspiracy here.
It's the inclusion of AOE1 that has created some confusion as to why AOE3 was ignored.
Monaco redrocket
Musketeer

Post by redrocket »

If their is 50 K being invested into aoe 1 there should at least be some fraction of that 10K or whatever being invested into aoe 3.
Large prizepool is nice for players but aoe 3 needs the redbull exposure more than anything. AOE 3 is a newborn baby ready to discove the world.. even a small prizepoll but with redbulls
exporsure would be so important for aoe 3. This game is the future it just needs the light. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.. how does it feel right to? have aoe 1 aoe 2 and aoe 4 tournaments and just leave out
one of your newesst game... send me the discord link I will not rest until this happens
United States of America GKShaman
ESOC Media Team
ESO: GKShaman
Clan: RoyaL

Post by GKShaman »

We got some work to do - if anyone has professional experience with this please let me know. I'll work with big boys @n0el Bram and others and lets get this going. Also will have a small group to get this proposal out. Feel free to DM about it and will post any updates later.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Just get Kaiser and Mitoe to showmatch on that stage, fuck the rest of the games.. 3 needs some RESPECT!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Just get Blackstar and diarouga to train for a few months, then the event would be bomb
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

can we pitch a EP tournament?

Idk if a Italian mirror only tournament would work
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lemmings121 wrote:
18 May 2022, 22:40
can we pitch a EP tournament?

Idk if a Italian mirror only tournament would work
Sounds like a great way to guarantee we never ever get an event
Serbia Ticma55
Crossbow
ESO: Ticma55

Post by Ticma55 »

There many clans in AOE3 that casts tournaments for a small prize pool. If we want to get AOE3 in global scene and redbull tournament i think we should show what AOE3 really has to offer. To show people better things that you can't really see in any other AOE game. Unique units that present every civilazition history in game and from history of that nation. As our guy @Challenger_Marco said we should write letter and start petition to get AOE3 in a better spot.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

@Aussie_Drongo ur soft sponsored by redbull ur a good caster ur a high production value hel[p us
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.