Simple Iroquois Strategy -- 16 Tomahawks at 5 Minutes

Mongolia SheepThief
Crossbow

Simple Iroquois Strategy -- 16 Tomahawks at 5 Minutes

Post by SheepThief »

Hello, this is a simple strategy but I just wanted to share with this forum, because I have lurked here and gotten a few strategies from here so it is time to give back. It's not some crazy genius strat, it's quite simple -- i am sure people have done something along these lines before.

The goal of this is to have as many Tomahawks as possible as early as possible.

1. gather food crates and control group explorer (ctrl-1) and travois (ctrl-2)
2. send explorer to nearby treasure and send travois to their trading post to see if they are going for a trading post
3. queue a villager before 8 or 9 seconds
4. all vils on food... you can herd more carefully with this build because there's not much to do :DDD
5. send 3 vils home city card as soon as possible
6. once you need a house, turn the travois into a house somewhere where it can give you some good vision (around a trading post or near a big treasure)
7. once house is built, you can focus entirely on treasures and herding -- use this extra time to herd and treasure extra effectively (micro guardians and herd 2+ herds under your town center)
7a. the treasures you want are (in order of importance): 1. food (most important), 2. wood, 3. coin (just want 50 coin for hunting dogs), and xp (you don't need this at all)
7b. you are a american indian civ so try to convert guardians, then add them to your tomahawk mass later
8. age up with 16 villagers (it will be like 3:30 ingame time) with the Messenger (Age Up Fast)
9. scout opponent's base with your chief right now (important), find exposed buildings and see if he is herding well
10. put 5 villagers on wood. you need 225 wood for a longhouse and 5 tomahawks
11. make a house with one of the woodcutters and then put him/her back to wood
12. queue 2 villagers at tc
13. when you age up, send travois forward and make a warhut. try to put it over a goldmine or in a good place, but what matters is getting it up quickly.
14. send the "6 Tomahawks" home city shipment. make sure to do this with enough time for the tomahawks to be shipped to the warhut.. if you mistime this, it's not the end of the world, but try to time it right.
15. click the big button on the tc (it looks like a big warclub) for 500 food (which you should have by now, after the tc makes 2 vils)
16. as soon as the warhut is up, set it as your home city military shipment point and queue 5 tomahawks (this is where getting food treasures will be helpful.. just queue as many as you can, but you should be able to do 5).
17. bring your explorer to the warhut (you will need him for the push)
18. queue another villager (you shouldn't have to idle your tc at all)
19. the big button and the 5 tomahawks should arrive almost simultaneously.. you now have 16 tomahawks at around 5:15 at the latest! Your population should be 35/40, and you'll have like 75 wood. So Make Aennas and vils with extra food not Tomahawks, because you'll need the wood for a house momentarily. Save wood for a stable and market after this.

At this point you push forward with the 16 tomahawks and your explorer and any guardians you converted. Your goal is to destroy buildings. If there are exposed villagers, you can one shot them with the tomahawks, but better players herd well, so don't expect this to always happen. Tomahawks trade well with musketeers in my opinion, but run away from minutemen or xbows. 16 tomahawks can't destroy a tc, so don't stand under one for too long. Your next card shipment should be 4 kanya horseman, which you should be able to click at a little before 6 minutes. The kanyas will help you kill xbows and minutemen -- raid with them whenever possible, but dont lose them. You want to keep the tomahawks alive so you don't have to build them anymore. Kanyas and Aennas are better at fighting, tomahawks are for buildings... but idk sometimes making only tomahawks feels right lol. Make sure to save 200 wood for a stable early on and put a fair amount of vils on wood, so that you can have fairly consistent Kanya production. Most vils should be on food. Aenna have a terrible animation so when you fight with them, don't micro too much, let them fire. If you are floating a lot of resources, put 10 villagers on gold and send either Cree Trackers or Huron Mantlets...

Regarding this last thing, I actually am wondering what advanced players think between Cree Trackers or Huron Mantlets? Mantlets have 40% range resist, so they will tank more in fight. Cree Trackers have more health (lol?), better range and anti infantry capabilities.. So I guess choose Mantlets if you need to tank and siege, and choose Cree Trackers if you need to fight and kill another army. Mantlets look awesome, so I will never fault you for that :DD

Anyways, I hope this helps any Iroquois players reading this, also it isn't very hard to do, so if you are a noob (i am a noob to multiplayer) you can definitely do this. Just practice it a few times in single player.

I might post a few games that I have played with this if people are interested.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Simple Iroquois Strategy -- 16 Tomahawks at 5 Minutes

Post by dansil92 »

im having flashbacks to 2006
Mongolia SheepThief
Crossbow

Post by SheepThief »

??

why flashabcks to 2006??
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

SheepThief wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:11
??

why flashabcks to 2006??
this is more or less the same rush that has been done with iro back to the release of TWC. It was better on disc release when the age 1 travois could be a forward war hut
Mongolia SheepThief
Crossbow

Post by SheepThief »

dansil92 wrote:
28 May 2022, 18:12
SheepThief wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:11
??

why flashabcks to 2006??
this is more or less the same rush that has been done with iro back to the release of TWC. It was better on disc release when the age 1 travois could be a forward war hut
ah i see, yeah i assumed i wasn't the first person to do this... i played all day yesterday with it and realized that it's not some trick that wins you a game, it moreso puts you in a good position.. it went best when i got into age3 soon afterwards.