ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

AoE3:DE – Update 13.12327

Post by EliteRifleman »

Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition – Update 13.12327

Post by DNLgibraltar »

I'm suprised teepees were buffed to 12.5% but they did nothing about Great Hunter:
It's basically a 20% buff right now, but the issue is that Age 2 slots are saved for crucial cards. Right now, Furrier, an AGE 1 card feels much more attractive than Great Hunter.

FURRIER
Spoiler

Overall I enjoy this patch. I'm curious about how much Siege Dance was nerfed.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

game is dogass. took me two seconds reading the patch notes before this game to realize it overbuffs africa/hausa

opponent didnt even play well, never put his tbs on free stagecoach, stacked 1kc in the final fight

if he waited 5 seconds to send berbers he'd receive equiv. 9.1 vills instead of 6.5 (at 5:45 min)
Attachments
vsnewtphausabullshit.age3Yrec
(7.47 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
euBalkans
euBalkans
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Didn't expect that they added a 200 wood start. Aggresive war hut start may be the meta.

What I don't like is that every patch they do a lot of change on teepees, FORCING us to spam that shit. Several Lakota units have been nerfed, and you have to build teepees to overcome them.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

callentournies wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2022, 01:24
game is dogass. took me two seconds reading the patch notes before this game to realize it overbuffs africa/hausa

opponent didnt even play well, never put his tbs on free stagecoach, stacked 1kc in the final fight

if he waited 5 seconds to send berbers he'd receive equiv. 9.1 vills instead of 6.5 (at 5:45 min)
lol hausa could already do the TP strat but now they removed the 4v card. The new nat post mechanic is wacky and not a good idea anway.
Image Image Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

are we going to see spain logistician atp make a comeback?
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

fei123456 wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2022, 02:19
Didn't expect that they added a 200 wood start. Aggresive war hut start may be the meta.
On one hand you have a point, on the other you can easily get a 20% eco boost by going Teepee + Hunting dogs from minute 1.
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Random 200w for sioux..?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

edit: double post
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2022, 10:31
Random 200w for sioux..?
Does it rly mattter when:

4 Villagers (I): Removed
5 Villagers (II): Removed

sounds quite unplayable tbh.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

somp wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2022, 15:00
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2022, 10:31
Random 200w for sioux..?
Does it rly mattter when:

4 Villagers (I): Removed
5 Villagers (II): Removed

sounds quite unplayable tbh.
Kinda yeah, I mean you get a free TP so you age early and then you get to spam shipments. Basically they fucked the eco options and buffed the all in options, so the civ is gonna be more broken than before.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

Garja wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2022, 02:46
24 Jun 2022, 01:24

lol hausa could already do the TP strat but now they removed the 4v card. The new nat post mechanic is wacky and not a good idea anway.
TPs are cheaper (100f 100w), don't require a builder (build by themselves), and trickle XP. By every metric it's buffed.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Every strat that includes nat posts is buffed, but hausa could already do that fairly efficiently with the travois+explorer card which is now useless. So now they still get the same amount of vills but no 4v card. Other civs can just send 5v+4v which is a more efficient boom than the berber card and take just enough nat posts they need.
Image Image Image
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

24 Jun 2022, 17:01
Every strat that includes nat posts is buffed, but hausa could already do that fairly efficiently with the travois+explorer card which is now useless. So now they still get the same amount of vills but no 4v card. Other civs can just send 5v+4v which is a more efficient boom than the berber card and take just enough nat posts they need.
I'm not understanding. Now the strat requires 1 less card (2nd hero) and they're sending 9.1 equiv vills in berbers. How is that less efficient than sending 5v 4v? You get more vills sooner because TPs are cheaper and build by themselves.

And nat xp trickles fast, we already know that when it was meta to build 7 tps on every map on EP. XP is so good in aoe3. XP is even better with DE powercreep.

Minor civ balance is itself busted because the units are strong or something but also they just give free big buttons that recharge???? Granting magyar huss and 4 musk... for fuckn free on top of getting berber vills, xp, and units that cost influence from TPs (free stagecoach). Every few minutes.

Saying "every strat that includes nat posts is buffed" doesn't discount that hausa's is benefitted most, because it was already meta, now it's just meta+.

I know you said that africa civs were overnerfed so nothing is going to change your mind.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

90 percent of the games i'm playing now are versus ethopians going tower outlaws. This is beyond boring now.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

24 Jun 2022, 19:08
I'm not understanding. Now the strat requires 1 less card (2nd hero) and they're sending 9.1 equiv vills in berbers. How is that less efficient than sending 5v 4v? You get more vills sooner because TPs are cheaper and build by themselves.

And nat xp trickles fast, we already know that when it was meta to build 7 tps on every map on EP. XP is so good in aoe3. XP is even better with DE powercreep.

Minor civ balance is itself busted because the units are strong or something but also they just give free big buttons that recharge???? Granting magyar huss and 4 musk... for fuckn free on top of getting berber vills, xp, and units that cost influence from TPs (free stagecoach). Every few minutes.

Saying "every strat that includes nat posts is buffed" doesn't discount that hausa's is benefitted most, because it was already meta, now it's just meta+.

I know you said that africa civs were overnerfed so nothing is going to change your mind.
It was kynesie strat more so than "meta". You get a good amount of vills (that changes from map to map) but you're forced into a specific strat. 9v (at best) alone don't give a real competitive advantage otherwise any civ would be excited to send 5+4v or the equivalent, but in practice it doesn't happen too often. I didn't even have the Berber card in my decks, except for the specific TP strat one. 4v more standard and more usable (altho the design of the civ just pushes for sending crates instead).
As for the "2nd hero card" it was a way for Hausa to have synergy with a card that has potentially other benefits later in the game. Now you can send the 3v card instead but you lose the advantage of having an "atp" card for the specific strat against civs that don't have that option. Either way it's not that relevant because the TPs are only slightly chepaer now (-60f basically) and any civ benefits from that. Hausa didn't even have the problem of building TPs in a short time span (because of the 2 explorers) so if anything the change benefits other ATP civs more, because they only have one explorer to work with (Spain can now build TPs with dogs for example).
Idk which civ benefits the most from the tp change. You know, building a billion tps just to have a decent vill card isn't exactly OP or anything. I'd rather just build the one or two I need for units/tech and ship 5v (and 4v if it's any useful in the MU).
As for the xp trickle, nat posts already used to do that (and influence for African civs), what is different now?
New nats are indeed sort of busted, intentionally. They usually have some outstanding stat plus the new promotion mechanic. Devs are obviously trying to funnel players into using them on regular basis (which I don't like). If anything it helps the most the civs that don't have great units to work with or, obviously, civs that have ups for nats and can build a strat around that.
For example, at release I thought Italians would benefit a lot from making cav nats whenever possible as none of the standard units is one you want to bring to the 3rd age (except from the pavisier but it's akward to semi FF with only a RI unit), and despite having free houses you're capped at how many you can make in early age2. I guess now with refined builds the assesment is slightly different and maybe a musk or huss semi FF into switching to better units is viable or sort of.
Anyway, African civs usually have their own nat from the respective age up and have great standard units too. I wouldn't (and actually never did) bother making nat post units with Hausa or Ethiopia.
Oh btw Hausa now has an xp penalty like India, but with a clearly worse card bonus. It's definetely worse than before and I really don't understand people complaining about them or Ethiopia.
Best civs now are the classic ones like Brits, China, Inca, India, etc.
Image Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

24 Jun 2022, 20:59

It was kynesie strat more so than "meta". You get a good amount of vills (that changes from map to map) but you're forced into a specific strat. 9v (at best) alone don't give a real competitive advantage otherwise any civ would be excited to send 5+4v or the equivalent, but in practice it doesn't happen too often. I didn't even have the Berber card in my decks, except for the specific TP strat one. 4v more standard and more usable (altho the design of the civ just pushes for sending crates instead).
As for the "2nd hero card" it was a way for Hausa to have synergy with a card that has potentially other benefits later in the game. Now you can send the 3v card instead but you lose the advantage of having an "atp" card for the specific strat against civs that don't have that option. Either way it's not that relevant because the TPs are only slightly chepaer now (-60f basically) and any civ benefits from that. Hausa didn't even have the problem of building TPs in a short time span (because of the 2 explorers) so if anything the change benefits other ATP civs more, because they only have one explorer to work with (Spain can now build TPs with dogs for example).
Idk which civ benefits the most from the tp change. You know, building a billion tps just to have a decent vill card isn't exactly OP or anything. I'd rather just build the one or two I need for units/tech and ship 5v (and 4v if it's any useful in the MU).
As for the xp trickle, nat posts already used to do that (and influence for African civs), what is different now?
New nats are indeed sort of busted, intentionally. They usually have some outstanding stat plus the new promotion mechanic. Devs are obviously trying to funnel players into using them on regular basis (which I don't like). If anything it helps the most the civs that don't have great units to work with or, obviously, civs that have ups for nats and can build a strat around that.
For example, at release I thought Italians would benefit a lot from making cav nats whenever possible as none of the standard units is one you want to bring to the 3rd age (except from the pavisier but it's akward to semi FF with only a RI unit), and despite having free houses you're capped at how many you can make in early age2. I guess now with refined builds the assesment is slightly different and maybe a musk or huss semi FF into switching to better units is viable or sort of.
Anyway, African civs usually have their own nat from the respective age up and have great standard units too. I wouldn't (and actually never did) bother making nat post units with Hausa or Ethiopia.
Oh btw Hausa now has an xp penalty like India, but with a clearly worse card bonus. It's definetely worse than before and I really don't understand people complaining about them or Ethiopia.
rofl
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

you can rofl as much as you want but my post is spot on
Image Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

24 Jun 2022, 20:59

i laugh for this especially, i did not read the rest of your message it is too long, but you mean that it is civ there are better than hausa and ethiopia ? because if so yes i laugh yeah xD
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

hausa and ethiopia are not the best civs since like 5 patches
Image Image Image
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

95 influence cdbs w/free influence stagecoach, 8v shipment arriving at 6 mins, 20 range 4.5 speed skirm in age 2, outlaw and nat combat in one age 2 card (DLCs just combine cards), boy shick
Attachments
jokepatch.age3Yrec
(6.12 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
Saguenay
Saguenay
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

29 Jun 2022, 03:00
95 influence cdbs w/free influence stagecoach, 8v shipment arriving at 6 mins, 20 range 4.5 speed skirm in age 2, outlaw and nat combat in one age 2 card (DLCs just combine cards), boy shick
gg wb all
:nwc:
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

I am a bit confused about the map pool. How many map without tp do we have now in 1vs1 ?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

draztik wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 07:53
I am a bit confused about the map pool. How many map without tp do we have now in 1vs1 ?
As many maps for you to halb ff with spain
:nwc:
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

25 Jun 2022, 02:38
hausa and ethiopia are not the best civs since like 5 patches
You don't play the game and come to me with this idea.
any good player who uses africans will win 80 90% of matches.
Kaiser would become invincible.
all you need is a good macro, produce the necessary amount of units and attack, if you need to go to 3fortress and guarantee the game anyway.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP