MAJOR KOTOW NEWS!!! NOW $9000!!!

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: νŒ€ ν•˜μš°μŠ€

MAJOR KOTOW NEWS!!! NOW $9000!!!

Post by n0el »

βš”οΈ>ESOC Discord<βš”οΈ>Knights of the Mediterranean<βš”οΈ>Donate Now!<βš”οΈ>Sign Up!<βš”οΈ
βš”οΈ Kings of the Old World βš”οΈ

βš”οΈ $9000 AOE3 1v1 Supremacy Tournament βš”οΈ

For those who missed this weekend's stream, we are happy to announce that through the generosity of an anonymous sponsor, the Kings of the Old World prize pool is now $9000, and with the help of the community we are sure we can get it over the $10,000 mark. Due to the large growth in prize pool, the admin team thought it wise to increase the amount of qualifiers to the main event from eight to sixteen. With this change, we are also adding TWO additional qualifiers and changing the format of the current Last Chance qualifier which was scheduled to take place the final weekend of July. The July 30/31st qualifier will now be focused on the AP region and begin at 9 GMT on Saturday and 10 GMT on Sunday. An additional qualifier will be added on August 5th and will start at 17 GMT and finish the same day. The final qualifier will take place on August 6th and that will be invite only. The invites will focus on players who have made it far into the final stages of previous qualifiers without succeeding so far along with a special name or two :D., For the full updated rules and information, please see this post. Qualifier #4 signups will open tonight, we look forward to seeing even more of the amazing performance from the Asia Pacific region players.
mad cuz bad
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: MAJOR KOTOW NEWS!!! NOW $9000!!!

Post by dicktator_ »

Are you required to be from the APAC region to participate in the 30/31st qualifier? Because I won’t be home august 1st-8th
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: νŒ€ ν•˜μš°μŠ€

Post by n0el »

dicktator_ wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 14:41
Are you required to be from the APAC region to participate in the 30/31st qualifier? Because I won’t be home august 1st-8th.
No it is still open, just timed better to support that region.
mad cuz bad
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

thats nice.. I should have some chance now then..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

"The July 30/31st qualifier will now be focused on the AP region and begin at 9 GMT on Saturday and 10 GMT on Sunday"

Am I reading this right that is NOT Asia-only qualifier but just starting times are adjusted to Asia?
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

This is great news, excited for the players!
The July 30/31st qualifier will now be focused on the AP region and begin at 9 GMT on Saturday and 10 GMT on Sunday.
About damn time!
thebritish wrote: ↑
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

somp wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 15:27
"The July 30/31st qualifier will now be focused on the AP region and begin at 9 GMT on Saturday and 10 GMT on Sunday"

Am I reading this right that is NOT Asia-only qualifier but just starting times are adjusted to Asia?
yea everybody can play, basically also better times for degen eu's and some afternoon na's
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

don_artie wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 15:37
somp wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 15:27

yea everybody can play, basically also better times for degen eu's and some afternoon na's
around 12h on a saturday and a sunday is not particularly better time for people in europe, especially on vacation
Image Image
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

look wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 14:50
Yeah, with your astounding performance so far, being consistently eliminated on the first/second round you very likely will get the opportunity to qualify and become a punchbag on the actual tournament.
I'm cheering for you here. :flowers:

Honestly, I don't like this decision. It's saturates the tournament with irrelevant series. I want to see kynesie vs ezad, or optimus vs someone good being played already.

If I wanted to watch games with suspicious quality gameplay, I would watch my own recs instead.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

a forum ghost wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 15:54
Yeah, with your astounding performance so far, being consistently eliminated on the first/second round you very likely will get the opportunity to qualify and become a punchbag on the actual tournament.

Honestly, I don't like this decision. It's saturates the tournament with irrelevant series. I want to see kynesie vs ezad, or optimus vs someone good being played already.

If I wanted to watch games with suspicious quality gameplay, I would watch my own recs instead.
With the prizepool approaching $10k it should get some top players to come back ("special name or two") as well as motivate people to play and practice more. Last qualifier is invite only also so it should have good players. Also I understand wanting to watch good games and it's a fact that the level isn't as high as it was in EP era, but no one is playing this game as a job and everyone is trying their best so I would hold off on flaming players.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Sounds cool. It's good that the group stage dates are still the same. This way, you don't risk people not being able to play.

So 6 qualifiers and 2 people advancing makes 12, right? How will we reach 16?
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor

Post by MCJim »

Also, let's goooooo @Aizamk ! :)

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Kynesie - Aizamk finals letsgo :ship:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Has Kaiserklein announced his return from retirement yet?
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

MCJim wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 16:29
Sounds cool. It's good that the group stage dates are still the same. This way, you don't risk people not being able to play.

Maybe 4 per qualifiers
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Going to 16 players is the right choice.

Hopefully italy and malta receive some adjustments before groups/bracket play imho
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

viewtopic.php?f=1093&t=24493 5 qualifiers with 2 players each, and then the final one is 24 invited players for the final 6 spots
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor

Post by MCJim »

kaister wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 18:21

viewtopic.php?f=1093&t=24493 5 qualifiers with 2 players each, and then the final one is 24 invited players for the final 6 spots
Ah so the last qualifier fills up the last spots. Okay, sounds cool! Especially because of these hidden "special" names :dry:

No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

25 Jul 2022, 16:11

With the prizepool approaching $10k it should get some top players to come back ("special name or two") as well as motivate people to play and practice more. Last qualifier is invite only also so it should have good players. Also I understand wanting to watch good games and it's a fact that the level isn't as high as it was in EP era, but no one is playing this game as a job and everyone is trying their best so I would hold off on flaming players.
I doubt that is a money issue keeping the old guys to play. 6000$ was already a insane amount, especially for guys that have been playing for hundreds in last years or so. Is clearly not a money issue. The original prizepool would already be a sufficient to motivate people that played this game beforehand to participate on the tournament.

And I don't think it ever existed a person that his full time job was to play aoe3. So that also is not the issue.

Plus, apart from kaiserklein and hazza, I don't think there are any returning player that could have a realistic chance of winning. Not even Mitoe and diarouga. Even Optimus, that is probably the 3Β° best active player probably only has a small chance due to him being washed.
So is also not a nostalgia thingy.

The only good reason I can think to prolong this tournament is the fact that the twitch views have been unusually good for aoe3 throughout this qualifiers, and would make sense to prolong a bit to farm some more viewership.

But it's still annoying that I gonna have to wait for essentially filler matches to be played before the tournament start in his earnest. Like, for people that do follow tournaments, we all know we are the guys that have an realistic chance of winning. A lot of those matches are not really interesting.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

25 Jul 2022, 20:54
The only good reason I can think to prolong this tournament is the fact that the twitch views have been unusually good for aoe3 throughout this qualifiers, and would make sense to prolong a bit to farm some more viewership.

But it's still annoying that I gonna have to wait for essentially filler matches to be played before the tournament start in his earnest.
@MCJim mentioned above that the group stage dates are still the same, so that would mean your wait isn't prolonged at all by the extra qualifiers.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

first you need to be man enough to come here and write with your real account/nick..
second I think 2-1 in all series for good players doesn't look so bad to me,
third that your envy seems to be great in all aspects of this game.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

25 Jul 2022, 20:54
25 Jul 2022, 16:11
Show hidden quotes
I doubt that is a money issue keeping the old guys to play. 6000$ was already a insane amount, especially for guys that have been playing for hundreds in last years or so. Is clearly not a money issue. The original prizepool would already be a sufficient to motivate people that played this game beforehand to participate on the tournament.

And I don't think it ever existed a person that his full time job was to play aoe3. So that also is not the issue.

Plus, apart from kaiserklein and hazza, I don't think there are any returning player that could have a realistic chance of winning. Not even Mitoe and diarouga. Even Optimus, that is probably the 3Β° best active player probably only has a small chance due to him being washed.
So is also not a nostalgia thingy.

But it's still annoying that I gonna have to wait for essentially filler matches to be played before the tournament start in his earnest. Like, for people that do follow tournaments, we all know we are the guys that have an realistic chance of winning. A lot of those matches are not really interesting.
Ok "Karen"
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

EAGLEMUT wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2022, 21:49
@MCJim mentioned above that the group stage dates are still the same, so that would mean your wait isn't prolonged at all by the extra qualifiers.
I wasn't refering to the date, but the quantity of players that will gonna make it the tournament itself longer than it should.

But whatever I guess. I think I'm overexplaining myself.
25 Jul 2022, 22:47
first you need to be man enough to come here and write with your real account/nick..
second I think 2-1 in all series for good players doesn't look so bad to me,
third that your envy seems to be great in all aspects of this game.
Man, is as funny to everyone else as is to me that I and other new guys are always a considered a smurf?
Like, I know this game/community is dead as fuck, but how is so unbelievable than I am somewhat of a new member?

And yeah, with this much players qualifying, I do think you have a chance on get in the main event and be a punching bag there. I am actually cheering for you here. Rather have somebody that is more or less a known player as the punching bag than some random guy I'd never heard about it being the tournament punch bag.
Good luck on your endeavor.

And I ain't envy. And I am unironically rather be a mediocre new player than a mediocre old player, because at least fells like I could improve it.

I won't, because I'm lazy and I expend too much time looking at questionable aged girls twerking instead of actually learn build/doing APM improving drills, etc. But you get the point of it. Ain't envy at anything.