Bye

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Bye

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Adribird wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2022, 14:38
Robo hitting hard.
Can't be said better hes just laying out the facts.I would have typed in an antagonising way.
:nwc:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

maybe he just enjoys making varied content and isnt driven by the views
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2022, 18:31
Completely fair, but it isn't a good representation of which game is the 'easiest' to get viewership in is it?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Apart from that i feel like he has written liquidpedia page by himself(https://liquipedia.net/ageofempires/Ardeshir) ,you aren't allowed to make a bio if your earnings is less than 100$ @robo right ? else it will be a waste of space.
I mean if you did it for the logs you can definitely save it in word/notepad etc
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

talk to me when you get a 70k view youtoob video

If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer
ESO: Ardeshir

Post by Ardeshir »

Challenger_Marco wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2022, 19:15
Apart from that i feel like he has written liquidpedia page by himself(https://liquipedia.net/ageofempires/Ardeshir) ,you aren't allowed to make a bio if your earnings is less than 100$ @robo right ? else it will be a waste of space.
I mean if you did it for the logs you can definitely save it in word/notepad etc
It's nothing to do with winnings. I'm a commentator, the first to do tournaments of 5 titles in the series. Besides, how many of these nobodies are actually champion material?
Robo hitting hard.
Not really little zoom zoom. Who are you anyway?
robo wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2022, 14:30
casting a Spanish-speaking community tournament is unlikely to draw in any viewers, as that community speaks Spanish, and presumably watches Spanish content creators
Duh, the point isn't to reach Spanish speakers, it's to reach English speakers that won't watch the game being casted in Spanish. The point of bringing it up was that I literally have 0 English competition for some of the video content, not the case for AoE3.
Damn, the only person in this thread/community I should be taking advice from.... backing me up?

Nice commentary btw Harrison.
Age of Empires Commentator (AoM, AoEO, AoEII, AoEIII, AoEIV)
https://www.youtube.com/@seanchristensen5528
Shoutouts to Project Celeste for 100% F2P AoEO! Indian civ coming soontm
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

I love you Callen
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Post by Adribird »

Ardeshir wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2022, 20:47
02 Aug 2022, 19:15
It's nothing to do with winnings. I'm a commentator, the first to do tournaments of 5 titles in the series. Besides, how many of these nobodies are actually champion material?
Robo hitting hard.
Not really little zoom zoom. Who are you anyway?
02 Aug 2022, 14:30
casting a Spanish-speaking community tournament is unlikely to draw in any viewers, as that community speaks Spanish, and presumably watches Spanish content creators
Duh, the point isn't to reach Spanish speakers, it's to reach English speakers that won't watch the game being casted in Spanish. The point of bringing it up was that I literally have 0 English competition for some of the video content, not the case for AoE3.
Damn, the only person in this thread/community I should be taking advice from.... backing me up?

Nice commentary btw Harrison.

It's nothing personal, but your arguments don't make any sense and I just described what robo told you, nothing more.

You can visit my Twitch. Greetings.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

02 Aug 2022, 20:47
Sure, and I contend that it is highly unlikely that there is any audience for those games. Maybe if it is the very peak of Spanish players, eg TaToH, Nicov, Capoch etc. there may be an audience for that content.
I would think your numbers back that up as well, as the videos appear to have a similar amount or fewer views than your other content, despite having no competition.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

02 Aug 2022, 10:13
Here, especially the last month

Covering qualifiers for an S tier AoE3 tourney alone is getting me much more viewership atm than casting multiple tourneys and qualifiers at once for 2 and 4, and even being the first English caster of Espanol/South American events for 2 (did some games for a Portuguese tourney quali for AoE4 at one stage as well). Am probably the best channel to use as evidence for comparisons as I've not built a serious following in any of the 3 games, and am probably the only person covering all 3 at once.

Right now my top vids for the past 30 days are all red bull aoe2 and 4 content followed by deathmatch world cup for aoe2 and the warchief club for aoe4.... Just kidding, the top4 are KOTOW qualifier games, followed by a returning-to-aoeo game and the aoeo install video.
I really don't want to be an asshat or discouraging but what exactly is your goal? The viewership numbers on this channel are so low that there isn't enough data to draw any meaningful conclusions.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Oh come on, this is a goodbye thread !

People are slowly turning it into "I'm the bigger/more diverse streamer/entertainer" :ship:
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer

Post by Ardeshir »

iNcog wrote: ↑
03 Aug 2022, 13:54
I really don't want to be an asshat or discouraging but what exactly is your goal?
Get people into AoEO, AoM, & AoE3 again, or for the first time, or more interested in the competitive side. Help get the word out about deathmatch, tiny, modified supremacy (empire wars, two towns, etc) and regional tournaments and communities in basically the whole series beyond the first game. And help break the trend of commentators and creators thinking they only have to make stuff for one game in the series and that it has to be for AoEII or AoEIV and from the perspective of a majority-supremacy or supremacy-only player. Can't be stuffed to split them up across the channels like Robo mentioned (fuck managing all that when you upload at the rate I do). Plus it's nice having games to commentate that might actually lead to some real growth, without having to get insanely clickbait-y while AoEO content without serious editing skills simply wouldn't allow for that. Also I play a lot of legacy fps and indie rts, often cheap or free titles but with a dying if not dead community for my variety streams so that's in the same boat tbh. Think trying to SEO is cancer considering it basically means come up with the most clickbait titles you can or using thumbnails of popculture references. Or spending a year doing commentary on the community streams to "raise my profile", and if you knew about my AoEO commentary history you'd prolly understand why I can't be fucked doing that (commentary for 5+ tournaments & 25+ showmatch weekends on the Project Celeste channel).
02 Aug 2022, 21:59
I would think your numbers back that up as well, as the videos appear to have a similar amount or fewer views than your other content, despite having no competition.
In a way, AoEII has been the hardest to actually selfpromote as a new creator. In spite of the fact their communities allow for the least promotion of the other titles in the series and they've got the biggest audience, they'll make any new creator "be a part of the community" before any self promotion unless they're a mate of the mods (reddit). Basically try counter your attention theft away from shit memes with theft of content by telling you you must upload videos to their youtube channel alongside their 400 elo 4v4 team games (aoeII facebook groups). Passive aggressively mention why the other games you like in the series are shit, in spite of you stopping to play the most dated game in the series that actually gets played outside of Vietnam just for them (discord).

BUT

No videos get as many average interactions per X views as my AoEII and AoM ESP-players, ENG-commentary videos. Had an Anglophone viewer tell me he subbed cause he saw one of the Copa Aconcagua videos and hadn't seen it elsewhere in English, and liked the commentary... Man I don't think I even pronounced the tournament's name right lol

All this aside, we're getting really offtopic now. How long til Kaiser's back?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@Ardeshir I don't think your channel is gonna see any growth you are just expecting way too much ,you are taking niche game aoe3 and focusing on niche game modes which no one will watch.

First thing as a content creator on YT you need to have good thumbnails and video edited a bit. You are uploading content from so many games and no one would think that as a aoe content channel you stream on twitch as well and you uploading on youtube you gotta focus 1 thing first get it big and go next when everything is so mixed idk how ppl recognise you in first place.

Sucessfull people don't need daily self-promotion :biggrin: their content will do the talking .Maybe content creation is not for you or u need to re-do from the start only few ppl live out of making content from games that too it's highly likely u will get noticed if you are a pro in any game and then if u have talent then casting etc..

Sorry to say but are wasting time & energy which will have no growth and you are chasing a ghost. It feels like your bio, channel all is a log of what you do in leisure time tbh.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Some interesting takes in this thread. I did venture into youtube for a bit and stopped because, eh. I'll share my thoughts later.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@Ardeshir Can you tell me how many videos out of 3k-4k of yours has 1k views +?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Youtube's algorithm (aka SEO) isn't perfect and there are lots of flaws with it, but it has some merit to it nonetheless.

Good titles, thumbnails and video editing isn't really clickbait, it's actually more along the lines of respecting your viewer and whomever gave you their attention. A good title is an introduction to the video, a good video introduction gets right to the point (and doesn't do those edited youtube intros) and a good thumbnail either a) attracts attention or b) lets whoever sees the thumbnail to know that you're looking at content of your channel. Like, you instantly know you're looking at an Aussie Drongo video because the thumbnails have a good, standard format that is easily recognized.

Not many channels get these three things right. I made an attempt to on my channel, but in the end, I realized that my content had an actual, fundamental flaw. None of the content was actually of any interest. I found myself asking and brainstorming what my next video would be about. Well, that's stupid. If I have something to say, then I'll go ahead and take the time to record/edit/post a video. But I ended up just trying to make content for the sake of making content. That's so uninteresting to me and logically will also be uninteresting to the viewer. Someone like Kaiserklein or Mitoe could easily just upload FPVODs of their games with some casual commentary, because there is value in their insight and seeing how the game is played at the highest level.

Casted games for the sake of casted games are, imo, boring. If they're part of a tournament where there is money or fame on the line, then yeah you wanna watch that. Casted ladder matches are eh, unless you're bringing high level insight or personality to it, drongo style. Or Saturday smackdown style. But even then, eh. I really love drongo and I love listening to him cast games but I never really find myself tuning in to his videos.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

04 Aug 2022, 14:41
03 Aug 2022, 13:54
I really don't want to be an asshat or discouraging but what exactly is your goal?
Get people into AoEO, AoM, & AoE3 again, or for the first time, or more interested in the competitive side. Help get the word out about deathmatch, tiny, modified supremacy (empire wars, two towns, etc) and regional tournaments and communities in basically the whole series beyond the first game. And help break the trend of commentators and creators thinking they only have to make stuff for one game in the series and that it has to be for AoEII or AoEIV and from the perspective of a majority-supremacy or supremacy-only player. Can't be stuffed to split them up across the channels like Robo mentioned (fuck managing all that when you upload at the rate I do). Plus it's nice having games to commentate that might actually lead to some real growth, without having to get insanely clickbait-y while AoEO content without serious editing skills simply wouldn't allow for that. Also I play a lot of legacy fps and indie rts, often cheap or free titles but with a dying if not dead community for my variety streams so that's in the same boat tbh. Think trying to SEO is cancer considering it basically means come up with the most clickbait titles you can or using thumbnails of popculture references. Or spending a year doing commentary on the community streams to "raise my profile", and if you knew about my AoEO commentary history you'd prolly understand why I can't be fucked doing that (commentary for 5+ tournaments & 25+ showmatch weekends on the Project Celeste channel).
02 Aug 2022, 21:59
In a way, AoEII has been the hardest to actually selfpromote as a new creator. In spite of the fact their communities allow for the least promotion of the other titles in the series and they've got the biggest audience, they'll make any new creator "be a part of the community" before any self promotion unless they're a mate of the mods (reddit). Basically try counter your attention theft away from shit memes with theft of content by telling you you must upload videos to their youtube channel alongside their 400 elo 4v4 team games (aoeII facebook groups). Passive aggressively mention why the other games you like in the series are shit, in spite of you stopping to play the most dated game in the series that actually gets played outside of Vietnam just for them (discord).

BUT

No videos get as many average interactions per X views as my AoEII and AoM ESP-players, ENG-commentary videos. Had an Anglophone viewer tell me he subbed cause he saw one of the Copa Aconcagua videos and hadn't seen it elsewhere in English, and liked the commentary... Man I don't think I even pronounced the tournament's name right lol

All this aside, we're getting really offtopic now. How long til Kaiser's back?
I like and appreciate the goal of growing the community. This is a worthwhile endeavor. People like Interjection, Aiz, Zutazuta, Aussie_drongo, etc. have all done heaps of work in this direction by simply providing this aspect of entertainment. So I definitely wish you well if that is your goal.

Edit: that said, there is value in polishing the videos you upload. you wouldn't be doing it for the algorithm, you'd be doing it for the viewer. the better the experience for the person behind the screen, the more they will want to stay and be a part of the aoe communities you're trying to grow. I literally started playing digital combat simulator because I was seeing how interesting the game was on youtube.

It is this video:

From that channel, that had me spend well over $100 on various modules and be a part of that community. I don't think much of the thumbnails for instance, but the video maker does an excellent job at getting their point across.
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer

Post by Ardeshir »

04 Aug 2022, 17:07
@Ardeshir Can you tell me how many videos out of 3k-4k of yours has 1k views +?
You can check
04 Aug 2022, 16:32
First thing as a content creator on YT you need to have good thumbnails and video edited a bit. You are uploading content from so many games and no one would think that as a aoe content channel you stream on twitch as well and you uploading on youtube you gotta focus 1 thing first get it big and go next when everything is so mixed idk how ppl recognise you in first place.

I know you can't read, but I literally wrote this the post before:
04 Aug 2022, 14:41
Think trying to SEO is cancer considering it basically means come up with the most clickbait titles you can or using thumbnails of popculture references. Or spending a year doing commentary on the community streams to "raise my profile", and if you knew about my AoEO commentary history you'd prolly understand why I can't be fucked doing that (commentary for 5+ tournaments & 25+ showmatch weekends on the Project Celeste channel).
04 Aug 2022, 17:38
Youtube's algorithm (aka SEO) isn't perfect and there are lots of flaws with it, but it has some merit to it nonetheless.

Good titles, thumbnails and video editing isn't really clickbait, it's actually more along the lines of respecting your viewer and whomever gave you their attention. A good title is an introduction to the video, a good video introduction gets right to the point (and doesn't do those edited youtube intros) and a good thumbnail either a) attracts attention or b) lets whoever sees the thumbnail to know that you're looking at content of your channel. Like, you instantly know you're looking at an Aussie Drongo video because the thumbnails have a good, standard format that is easily recognized.

Not many channels get these three things right. I made an attempt to on my channel, but in the end, I realized that my content had an actual, fundamental flaw. None of the content was actually of any interest. I found myself asking and brainstorming what my next video would be about. Well, that's stupid. If I have something to say, then I'll go ahead and take the time to record/edit/post a video. But I ended up just trying to make content for the sake of making content. That's so uninteresting to me and logically will also be uninteresting to the viewer. Someone like Kaiserklein or Mitoe could easily just upload FPVODs of their games with some casual commentary, because there is value in their insight and seeing how the game is played at the highest level.

Casted games for the sake of casted games are, imo, boring. If they're part of a tournament where there is money or fame on the line, then yeah you wanna watch that. Casted ladder matches are eh, unless you're bringing high level insight or personality to it, drongo style. Or Saturday smackdown style. But even then, eh. I really love drongo and I love listening to him cast games but I never really find myself tuning in to his videos.
Thanks incog, it's nice hearing the other perspective on this fleshed out properly, rather than autistic rambling from someone with no firsthand experience like the others.

"Good titles, thumbnails and video editing isn't really clickbait, it's actually more along the lines of respecting your viewer and whomever gave you their attention"

You know, I never thought of it that way tbh. Always saw it as more of a race to the bottom for full caps titles with multiple exclamations, and again, thumbnails bearing as much, or the most relateable, popculture references you can throw in.

Was certainly a bit more of a personality with the commentary when doing just AoEO, and then in Tiny and Deathmatch in the others.

Thanks again for the tips and actually respectable alternative view Incog.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

05 Aug 2022, 09:26
You can check
No i won't(bc ik it won't be much) funny how you are trying to get me to watch your channel.Why are you so try harding to indirectly/directly promote so much?
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer

Post by Ardeshir »

Why would I want someone like you watching? you'd be the sort of whiny bugger to constantly go in circles commenting telling me to talk more, talk less, lower the camera movement, up the camera movement, stop panning between fights and raids, stop missing raids to watch the main fight, etc, etc.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

05 Aug 2022, 09:32
you'd be the sort of whiny bugger to constantly go in circles commenting telling me to talk more, talk less, lower the camera movement, up the camera movement, stop panning between fights and raids, stop missing raids to watch the main fight, etc, etc.
are you delusional? your prediction about me is wrong i never said anything of this keep going
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

05 Aug 2022, 09:32
Why would I want someone like you watching? you'd be the sort of whiny bugger to constantly go in circles commenting telling me to talk more, talk less, lower the camera movement, up the camera movement, stop panning between fights and raids, stop missing raids to watch the main fight, etc, etc.
how many of those are you getting rn?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@Ardeshir i will respect you first if you can stop self-promo everywhere on discords literally i see chat filled with all ur shit for weeks you and your YT uploads rate with rate spamming of come watch!
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

05 Aug 2022, 09:42
@Ardeshir i will respect you first if you can stop self-promo everywhere on discords literally i see chat filled with all ur shit for weeks you and your YT uploads rate with rate spamming of come watch!
Buddy I think it's just part of his job as a creator to try and promote himself as much as he can
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

BTT: Welcome back @Kaiserklein