Rate of fire and new ottoman units question

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Rate of fire and new ottoman units question

Post by alistairpeter »

Changes to Ottoman units. So from my understanding 36 ranged attack with 3 rof is more dps than the previous 40 with 3.5 rof same with new hussar with faster movement speed, with 25 1 rof vs 30 1.5 rof. The increased rof and fast speed means snaring will be extremely efficient because the animation will constantly refresh and the faster speed gives them a slightly better chance of already being on top of unit, annoying to deal with in colonial. Is my understanding of the rate of fire correct, I divided the damage by rof (36/3 12 vs 40/3.5 11.4).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Rate of fire and new ottoman units question

Post by Garja »

Correct. New abus is still worse than legacy abus (which is a good thing).
Image Image Image
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Post by Synchro »

The new abus is a finger in the ass.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

The Ottoman Hussar damage per seconds got buffed by 25 percent.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Yes the hussar is a bit broken. Costs basically the same but it's the best euro cav by a margin.
New abus (aka legacy abus) only has extra 5% rr. 36atk rof 3 is still a nerf to the original unit.
The new Azap unit is also bit broken stat wise. Costs like a pike but it's a 2 in 1 unit with more hp, more damage, more resistance and on top of all that a x4 vs ranged cav. I can see old Otto strats using this unit instead of jans (e.g ff) But the more realistic use is like vs Germans after the jan huss rush you add this unit to counter the inevitable WWs.
Also otto now have 5 cav merc cards in ageIII meaning the old otto FF doesn't run out of steam after 4mams and 5 spahi (can continue with either 6stradiots and 6bosniak or just 3spahi). And cav is not as easy to counter with goons now because of that new archer unit.

Overall Otto got massively buffed. It is probably the biggest buff in aoe3 history for a civ.
Image Image Image
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

it pays to be loyal @rukisrecord
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young childā€™s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
China top_cao
Crossbow
ESO: top_cao

Post by top_cao »

Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Oct 2022, 23:51
Yes the hussar is a bit broken. Costs basically the same but it's the best euro cav by a margin.
New abus (aka legacy abus) only has extra 5% rr. 36atk rof 3 is still a nerf to the original unit.
The new Azap unit is also bit broken stat wise. Costs like a pike but it's a 2 in 1 unit with more hp, more damage, more resistance and on top of all that a x4 vs ranged cav. I can see old Otto strats using this unit instead of jans (e.g ff) But the more realistic use is like vs Germans after the jan huss rush you add this unit to counter the inevitable WWs.
Also otto now have 5 cav merc cards in ageIII meaning the old otto FF doesn't run out of steam after 4mams and 5 spahi (can continue with either 6stradiots and 6bosniak or just 3spahi). And cav is not as easy to counter with goons now because of that new archer unit.

Overall Otto got massively buffed. It is probably the biggest buff in aoe3 history for a civ.
Abus benefits a lot from this patch compared with ESOC patch. 36 3rof 1.75x against heavy inf means 63 attack against heavy inf per 3 seconds(60 in 3.5 seconds before). Even abus' multiplier against cav has been replaced with 0.5x against heavy cav. Abus' multiplier against light cav is 1 now(0.75 before). Whats more, it has a reinforce card what brings 25% hitpoints in age II.
Lower rof means lower waste of fire. They perform better than before.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

New abus is actually much better than RE ones:
- Ottoman has better eco now
- Abus has 25% armor
- Better upgrade shipments, 25% HP in age 2, 15% HP/attack in age 3, 15% HP/attack in age 4
- No negative multiplier with dragoons now

New hussar and abus (azap against ranged cav) can beat any combo in theory.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lmao good call buffing abus. Now the unit overperforms even more, and against basically everything. Now you one shoot a goon with 6 abus, so clearly they really needed to add a new anti goon unit that deals 64 damage to goons every 3 seconds
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I did quick maths, and 2 azaps (160 res in age 2) should barely beat a WW (300 res in age 3), unless they miss shots I guess. Sounds very balanced. Try the same with 2 xbows and you'll see the WW wins with almost 300 hp left haha.
Inb4 "yes because it's an anti goon unit", sure but it also performs great against everything else. It's better than a pike as anticav, way better than an xbow as anti goon, has more range and speed than musks so should be able to kite them, can both shoot at melee inf at range and be able to block it once it connects in melee... It's gonna be a bit sucky against RI but well at least it has 16 range and extra speed so it can at least damage them at range, unlike most other HI.

The only way this unit isn't just broken is if it has a shitty setup animation, but idk haven't seen it.
Anyway, with this stupid unit, abus being buffed a ton, the new hussar which is strictly superior to normal ones (unless it costs more?), and other buffs, otto is gonna be fucking annoying to play against, so you guys have fun in qs haha
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I don't even know what civ azaps are from. sounds completely broken
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote: ā†‘
21 Oct 2022, 16:55
I did quick maths, and 2 azaps (160 res in age 2) should barely beat a WW (300 res in age 3), unless they miss shots I guess. Sounds very balanced. Try the same with 2 xbows and you'll see the WW wins with almost 300 hp left haha.
Inb4 "yes because it's an anti goon unit", sure but it also performs great against everything else. It's better than a pike as anticav, way better than an xbow as anti goon, has more range and speed than musks so should be able to kite them, can both shoot at melee inf at range and be able to block it once it connects in melee... It's gonna be a bit sucky against RI but well at least it has 16 range and extra speed so it can at least damage them at range, unlike most other HI.

The only way this unit isn't just broken is if it has a shitty setup animation, but idk haven't seen it.
Anyway, with this stupid unit, abus being buffed a ton, the new hussar which is strictly superior to normal ones (unless it costs more?), and other buffs, otto is gonna be fucking annoying to play against, so you guys have fun in qs haha
Otto huss costs 110f 90c so about the same. Feel like most of the changes are intentionally made to make Otto much better. Thing is most of current players aren't even able to fully abuse all these new buffs. Btw abus changes are the less relevant ones. The unit is barely better than RE version and only gets significantly better later in age3 and age4 (which is somewhat ok given the new unit and upgrades other civ have).
Azap (and CA) have a card in age4 to remove the setup animation. Can potentially FI and use that unit instead of jans.
Image Image Image
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

21 Oct 2022, 19:08
Azap (and CA) have a card in age4 to remove the setup animation. Can potentially FI and use that unit instead of jans.
I just realized something.
Otto fast revolt into Romania has literally broken Cav Archers
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

What about Romania revo?
Image Image Image
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

21 Oct 2022, 21:15
What about Romania revo?
I am wondering if the effect applies to Romanian Cavalry archers too, that have 1 ROF. But I'm not sure judging by the text.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-10-21 23-15-33.png
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

they have an obnoxious ranged animation tbf
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

I honestly canā€™t believe Otto has gotten any buffs at all since DE, always been an annoying civ to play against. The free vills are so much more significant in DE with all the hunts on the map as well
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

they have 1 ROF XD what a joke. literally 3x faster than a normal cav. faster than urumi.

do devs have their heads up their ass or are theirs brain penis?
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

normal cav has 1.5 rof, still very strong tho
Image Image Image
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Post by Scylla-x »

The new otto huss just needs it's rate of fire adjusting from 1 to 1.25. Currently they do 20% less damage and fire rate is 50% faster, change it to just 25% faster and they'll be fine.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

oh fuq I thought normal cav has 3.0 mb
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

ROF on snare units is more special than range
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

callentournies wrote: ā†‘
22 Oct 2022, 20:22
oh fuq I thought normal cav has 3.0 mb
the old rule of thumb before aoe3: cash grab edition, was 3 ROF for range and 1.5 ROF for melee

now who knows? as you know, longbows used to be 1.5 but with bad set up animation. bad kiting, good in standing fights.. ah, the simple, elegant ways that units were made interesting back then
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Im gonna miss your gleaming coats janisarries šŸ˜­
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu