coffee mill guns

United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

coffee mill guns

Post by alistairpeter »

Could someone explain how this card works? It says gatling guns no longer need to reload, how valuable is this card? Doubt it's worth much in quicksearch, but how many would you have to train for it to be worth it in deathmatch?
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: coffee mill guns

Post by callentournies »

brrrrrr ... ... brrrrrr ... ... brrrrrr ... ...
vs
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Great Britain MrRewindThat
Crossbow
ESO: ⭐★彡ELiYaH彡★⭐
Clan: HvNy

Post by MrRewindThat »

it's a good card, but not really worth it in dm, you have 21 other better cards to choose, its only occasionally worth it, if you train like 20 gatling every 100 units, and vs high hitpoint opponent army, like Germany units (war wagons)

attached is a copy of my DM deck for USA.
united states-deck.png
:nwc: 2019 spectator :flowers:
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

This shipment simply reduces gatling ROF from 4 to 1.4. That is, gatling do tripled damage.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

That math only works for units that shoot instantly.

Gatling guns (and organ guns, for that matter) shoot over time though. My understanding is that only the time between volleys is reduced, the volleys themselves still take the same time as always. I'm not sure how long that is.
I think the correct damage increase should be (firing time + old reload time) / (firing time + new reload time).

Update: I tried shooting a house (1200 HP) in the scenario editor with and without coffee mill guns. It took 30 seconds with and 35 seconds without the card so about a 15% damage increase. Pretty underwhelming. I think the reload time and firing time are overlapping to an extent in the animation so it feels like a bigger increase than it really is.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

feels op in team
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Post by Synchro »

Forget it, they also ate my culverine mass and mass with nothing. Just stupid as card. The gatlings have high speed of movement in comparison to the culverins even if you exploit the range of the culverins and he has a double mass for example 8 culverine vs 16 gatlings you have no hope he will catch up with the remaining gatlings and kill you the culverins and also for him it takes nothing to do some culverins to clean yours. Other counter of the gatling horses but the cost I invest to beat a mass gatling for example 15 gatling is not very honest as an exchange I will make too many losses and I will have invested more resources than him and I will have lost more than him for sure.
Remedy? Yes, take off this stupid card.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Gatling with that card and leather cannons with case shot are borderline OP because they do decent even against cav. Iirc case shot was nerfed cause it was even more ridicolous.
Image Image Image
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Garja wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 14:26
Gatling with that card and leather cannons with case shot are borderline OP because they do decent even against cav. Iirc case shot was nerfed cause it was even more ridicolous.
Literally. There are some simulations people ran, Gatling vs Hussars, and Gatlings just barely won. Now imagine with a few Regulars for protection.

Now if someone could explain to the brilliant minds in the forums that this is a problem...
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Yeah I wrote this post before I encountered this on the ladder, very annoying to deal with.... especially when pathing gives them an extra few volleys to kill cav that should win. Also, you'd think they'd be weaker vs vills and buildings.