Inca kancha house boom (aka standard play)

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Inca kancha house boom (aka standard play)

Post by Garja »

This is the strat I've been using since forever with Inca and I think it is underrated in the current meta.
It's basically the standard Inca house boom, but with the most efficient build. It focuses on age2 because, from experience, I think that it is better to just make more units rather than trying to age up to unlock stuff that is supposed to help countering opponent's age3 units (artillery, strong cav, etc.). In fact you can eventually get the kallanka units in age2 with the travois card (even tho they have age2 stats). But if you have solid mechanics in regards to micro and positioning those units are just a plus for when the game goes on and upgrades start kicking in.

Time references:
Age2 @ 4:15
First 10 units out @6:30
46-50 units @ 9:15
About 43v worth of eco @10:00

The deck

Age2 cards are pretty much forced as you may need every one of them at some point.
Age3 and age4 cards are just good to not put them in deck. You may change the kancha->wood card for something else as it rarely comes into play. The fortification card is good value but not strictly necessary.
Age1 card "American allies" is good because both Mapuche and Zapotecs have a tech which gives lot of crates of wood or coin.

The build order

Age1
Collect crates, make 2 houses and just get 800f to age up. Eat the starting lama at some point to have a food boost.
The first card is 3 villagers. Focus on treasures with your War chief. Can always use the Chasqui from the first shipment to scout the map.
Age at 14/20 with the option that researches for free all the wood upgrades at the market.

Transition to age2
Put all vills on wood and make houses every time you hit 180w. Try to make them as a wall to give vills shelter from any early harassament.
Send one or two vills to shoot hunts toward the TC but still task them to chop wood.
Kanchas alone produce enough food for the villager production, so don't bother to put even a single villager on food at any point till later. TC rally point is in fact on wood.

Age2
Send the 2 war hut card and keep making houses (now that age up bonus kicks in, it is like having 5.6 extra vills chopping wood).
Drop the 2 war huts in a practical position (usually behind houses) but don't train units yet.
From here I assume you can boom freely.

If you face early aggression then have to compromise the build by sending crates or units (try to send units only if absolutely necessary). You may even want to use the 2 travois age up if expecting a rush.
Inca are a booming passive civ so you need good defensive skills. This means dealing with aggression without actual units (using TC, vill micro, etc.).
Just keep in mind that this build gives great eco potential, so the more the opponent commits to the rush the more your winning condition is just to survive. If his rush fails you pretty much autowin from there.

The next card is 5 villagers. They also go to chop wood but not for long.
In fact once the clock is approaching 6:00 move all vills but 8 to food (time it with the 10th kancha house). Exactly when the clock hits 6:00 start queing jungle bowmen (I wouldn't bother making any pike even vs cav starts but you can make a batch of 5 to be 100% safe).
You should be able to make 8-10 units with the first two batches and after that always 10 units.
Send the chicha brewing card (kancha gathering rate boost worth roughly 4 vills) and when it arrives moves 2-3 vills from food to wood. Keep making bowmen.
Next card can be either 600w or 700c. Usually it's the latter as Chimu runners are needed at this point (if instead you're facing a musk/huss combo then you probably want some pikes so send 600w).
Use the 700c for 2 batches of 10 Chimus. If you want more chimus then move vills from wood to coin (but only after you made the last 2 houses and a market). Trade some food to coin if needed.
After sending 600w (which I assume it follows up 700c) you can usually send the 2 kallanka travois card. This gives acces to bolas (to better counter cav) and to huaracas (if the opponent drops an artillery foundry). If the opponent is in age2 I wouldn't bother with this card and I'd just send the unit upgrades which are you next cards anyway.

At this point you have great eco, access to all unit types and some upgrades on your ranged units. Always prioritize making units, but if you have enough resources and don't need units you may consider aging up instead.
In age3 the plan is about the same. Keep booming from multiple TCs and keep upgrading your units. You don't mind late game, actually you want it because Inca scaling out of this build is great.
Image Image Image
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Re: Inca kancha house boom (aka standard play)

Post by Synchro »

Nice guide thanks to you we have an updated guide for Inca, too bad the timing of Age up, and boom etc. is missing.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

the age up age 2 give only the first wood upgrade i believe ( for age 3 it give the first two and age 4 the first 3 )@Garja
Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

I don't think it will work after being nerfed 2-3 times.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

I will crush this with 13 pandour for 500c and giant grenadiers and bosniaks
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

kevinitalien wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 10:08
the age up age 2 give only the first wood upgrade i believe ( for age 3 it give the first two and age 4 the first 3 )@Garja
dang, didn't know they nerfed that, but it still feels ok in game (you can still get 10 houses before making units)
fei123456 wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 11:48
I don't think it will work after being nerfed 2-3 times.
Tbf it is still about the same level as pre nerfs.
The only thing that is clearly nerfed is the age up. 3v and 2 houses instead of 4v and 1 house is basically the same, especially because they added the 5v card. Kancha base rate was buffed iirc, and only the boost card was nerfed (total is still 0.9f/sec). They moved the ranged ups to age2 and gave the option of the 2 kallancas.
As for matching the new strats it is about practicing the MUs and making the right timings/age ups.
Synchro wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 07:45
Nice guide thanks to you we have an updated guide for Inca, too bad the timing of Age up, and boom etc. is missing.
Added some info about time references.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Garja wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 14:21
and only the boost card was nerfed (total is still 0.9f/sec).
Kamcha efficiency has been set to 0.6f/s and brewing gives a 60% boost (0.96f/s) several patches ago. Seems you haven't really played Inca for some days.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

fei123456 wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 15:47
Garja wrote:
and only the boost card was nerfed (total is still 0.9f/sec).
Kamcha efficiency has been set to 0.6f/s and brewing gives a 60% boost (0.96f/s) several patches ago. Seems you haven't really played Inca for some days.
No, I was referring exactly to that patch. Kancha base rate was actually lower iirc. They boosted the base one and nerfed the card.
Image Image Image
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

whats the most common unit comp you want in age 3 and later?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

mostly bowmen + w/e counters what the opponent is making
Image Image Image
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Post by Scylla-x »

Would it perhaps be better to do a tp start and/or age with priestesses so you can ship more wood? They generate a lot of xp.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

this actually works really well because nobody makes units before 8 minutes atm
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

Garja wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
dang, didn't know they nerfed that, but it still feels ok in game (you can still get 10 houses before making units)
You got from 0.5 w/s to 0.7 so it's still 20% upbrade, like aging with exotic hardwood reward, pretty good
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

callentournies wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 04:36
Garja wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
You got from 0.5 w/s to 0.7 so it's still 20% upbrade, like aging with exotic hardwood reward, pretty good
isn't 0.5 > 0.7 a 40% uplift?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

harcha wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 14:08
callentournies wrote:
Show hidden quotes
it's my mistake, you have the first 2 wood upgrades so its 40% ye
Image Image
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

harcha wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 14:08
callentournies wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Yeah, I’m sick, kill me
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Brazil dukebley
Crossbow

Post by dukebley »

Does this build order still work? Any updates to the deck? I'm new to the game and I'm very confused.I will try this civilization once again I liked it and Russia.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

dukebley wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 16:54
Does this build order still work? Any updates to the deck? I'm new to the game and I'm very confused.I will try this civilization once again I liked it and Russia.
Yeah it's basically almost the same. Card order is unchanged in the beginning. Check this VOD for the deck and exact steps: