New German Merc build

Belgium Theseus
Crossbow
ESO: Pers3us

New German Merc build

Post by Theseus »

Hey, this is my first post here on the forum, i'm trying to make a German merc build that got a little atention from the devs with the latest update. Would like some opinions and insights if possible on whats best, or what to change in my deck. Took a lot of inspiration from the old Kaiserklein guide of mercs in legacy so would love to hear his insight as well. https://imgur.com/3UzgNqf

Thanks in advance.
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Re: New German Merc build

Post by Synchro »

Theseus wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 14:12
Hey, this is my first post here on the forum, i'm trying to make a German merc build that got a little atention from the devs with the latest update. Would like some opinions and insights if possible on whats best, or what to change in my deck. Took a lot of inspiration from the old Kaiserklein guide of mercs in legacy so would love to hear his insight as well.Image

Thanks in advance.
The deck image is not displayed
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Belgium Theseus
Crossbow

Post by Theseus »

srry still trying to figure it out, just linked the url
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

Do it this way.
Go to full editor & preview -> Attachments -> Add files
Attachments
Img.PNG
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

I do not know what benefits the card for the church and especially when you send it since you will not have many expeditions available with the Germans and if you lose the tp the flow xp is very slow. Fencing school in 1v1 you could do without it, I would replace it with 700w or 8 crossbows in case the enemy rushes you. The first card in 4 ages I don't know how good it is, I always prefer 2 heavy guns. In 2 ages it would be good to use silversmith. Maybe I would add 1000w to build 2 tc or tc + more buildings if the game goes long. These are minimal tips, the expert in this is kaiserklain.
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

I don't know if the card that charges the mercenary shipments less would work, in 3 there are many mercenaries and they are all excellent mercenaries so your logic would be to use that card and then send the mercenary shipments one after the other, only in this way seems very slow build you should have 2tps and 1 church to speed up shipping to try to make this work but i could be wrong.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

If I understand it correctly, the church tech Wallenstein's Contracts can be combined with Mercenary Loyalty to get rid of the coin cost of merc shipments for a sum of 1.500g. If that's the plan, I can't recommend it as it slows you down significantly to actually use it. You would need at least six free shipments to make it work (church card + merc loyalty + 4x merc shipments) as it costs you two shipments (worth ~1k coin each) + 1.500c = 3.500 coin.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Added advanced arsenal, remove the cheaper merc card, add the age 2 gold gathering increase from mines, remove the age 4 uhlan card
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

don't listen to david, listen to me.

you need 700w. why don't you have 700w? you need 700w. you need 1kw. why don't you have 1kw? you need 1kw. you need 2 heavy cannons. why don't you have 2 heavy cannons? you need 2 heavy cannons.

Here's the thing, all of your unit shipments cost coin to send and take longer to arrive. what happens when you vs a 2 rax jan rush? Sepoy consulate rush? some 9 min timing? etc etc?????????????

You want 5 dop and 3 dop in your deck, not kidding. These have saved me countless games. Dops are good when they materialize on top of enemy units already swinging their stupid swords. Sometimes you don't have 1kc stacked because youve been idled. Sometimes your tc won't stay standing long enough to send them. Time mm and uhlans with dops.

listen to david a little -- definitely add silversmith (I don't even have 700c in deck) and AA, and remove cheaper merc card and both the cav shipments in age 4. If you want an age 4 merc add 7 elmeti for 1kc. I'd also remove fencing school since you can have 4 saloons now.

Of course I don't make units age 2 and only defend with outposts but this is a preference thing. I wouldn't have the two outlaw shipments.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Belgium Theseus
Crossbow

Post by Theseus »

Synchro wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 19:26
I do not know what benefits the card for the church and especially when you send it since you will not have many expeditions available with the Germans and if you lose the tp the flow xp is very slow. Fencing school in 1v1 you could do without it, I would replace it with 700w or 8 crossbows in case the enemy rushes you. The first card in 4 ages I don't know how good it is, I always prefer 2 heavy guns. In 2 ages it would be good to use silversmith. Maybe I would add 1000w to build 2 tc or tc + more buildings if the game goes long. These are minimal tips, the expert in this is kaiserklain.
Yeah thanks for the suggestions i made some changes based on those tips
duckzilla wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:33
If I understand it correctly, the church tech Wallenstein's Contracts can be combined with Mercenary Loyalty to get rid of the coin cost of merc shipments for a sum of 1.500g. If that's the plan, I can't recommend it as it slows you down significantly to actually use it. You would need at least six free shipments to make it work (church card + merc loyalty + 4x merc shipments) as it costs you two shipments (worth ~1k coin each) + 1.500c = 3.500 coin.
Yeah that was the plan, but like you and Synchro said it's too slow, and i might loose momentum so i took them out.
gibson wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 21:37
Added advanced arsenal, remove the cheaper merc card, add the age 2 gold gathering increase from mines, remove the age 4 uhlan card
I couldnt belive i forgot about AA
callentournies wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 22:46
don't listen to david, listen to me.

you need 700w. why don't you have 700w? you need 700w. you need 1kw. why don't you have 1kw? you need 1kw. you need 2 heavy cannons. why don't you have 2 heavy cannons? you need 2 heavy cannons.

Here's the thing, all of your unit shipments cost coin to send and take longer to arrive. what happens when you vs a 2 rax jan rush? Sepoy consulate rush? some 9 min timing? etc etc?????????????

You want 5 dop and 3 dop in your deck, not kidding. These have saved me countless games. Dops are good when they materialize on top of enemy units already swinging their stupid swords. Sometimes you don't have 1kc stacked because youve been idled. Sometimes your tc won't stay standing long enough to send them. Time mm and uhlans with dops.

listen to david a little -- definitely add silversmith (I don't even have 700c in deck) and AA, and remove cheaper merc card and both the cav shipments in age 4. If you want an age 4 merc add 7 elmeti for 1kc. I'd also remove fencing school since you can have 4 saloons now.

Of course I don't make units age 2 and only defend with outposts but this is a preference thing. I wouldn't have the two outlaw shipments.
Yeah now i learned about the importance of the wood crates, thanks.

I love dops i was trying to make an army composition with mainly them and send the cards that buff them but didn't seem that strong i might have be doing something wrong, but since i'm using the wettin native shipment i thought xbows would be better since dops + wettin would be 2 melee infantry, i think it's better ranged (xbows) and melee (wettin) comp against rushes, but let me know what you think about it.

Thank you guys so much for the tips and help, i re-did the deck based on your opinions and it's kinda playing better.

Some of my reasons on cards:
- The Bosniaks and Harquebuisers Mercs because there's no way to get them with Camps and if some coin are floating (which i know it's the worst thing that can happen) i can send them, plus they are pretty good melee, especially Bosniaks.

- Pandours obviously because of the price

- And the buff for dops because why not, im trying to include them in the army comp.
Attachments
It looks something like that now
It looks something like that now