Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Update 13.27885

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Update 13.27885

Post by callentournies »

Revolts are bad IMO
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young childā€™s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

They're just remaking the game honestly. Which is sad, because the game was ALREADY a well designed RTS. They're taking a game that was good and remaking it. Whether the result is good or bad remains to be seen. However, given their focus on the broken parts of aoe3 (revolts, mercs, outlaws, lame shit), it doesn't look like the remake is headed in the right direction. If they're going to unmake the game I grew up playing, then I would hope they make it into a better game for both casual and competitive players alike.

And I'm really sorry to say, it doesn't look like that's the direction in which its headed. :( I would love to be proven wrong. I don't want to whine in forums because I like whining, I just think it's important to be at least somewhat vocal with the feedback.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

iNcog wrote: ā†‘
28 Oct 2022, 11:50
revolts used to suck which meant that pulling one off and winning was magic, it was niche, it was cool
this is a central problem with DE's approach to multiplayer I think. A lot of the mentality from casual players back around 2020 was "french german semi-FF skirm/goon BORING! revolts COOL! native units COOL! outlaws cool! grenadiers cool! melee infantry cool!" You still hear this idea parroted quite a bit. I think it was this mentality that has kind of guided the design going forward. But what this mentality misses is basically that these things were only cool BECAUSE they were uncommon and kinda just bad; it was exciting to see people pull off sub-optimal things in a competitive game and make it work, and catch people off guard. Aiz basically built his entire following around doing stuff like this. The paradox is that for these things to be cool and interesting, you have to keep the core of the game focused around pretty standard play. Making these features central components of gameplay and accessible to every shitter on the ladder means that these things lose their novelty and just become a big mess.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Another hotfix arrived.

Explorers, thanks to your help testing the PUP, we've got a brand new hotfix ready for you right in time for the weekend! The new hotfix addresses the Ransom Explorer OOS issues and a few additional items. Check out the full list in the patch notes!

Hotfix 13.29985
  • Fixed Ransom Explorer OOS
  • Add missing Idle animations to Kunoichi and Nakano second cosmetic
  • Add missing precomps for Humbaraci and Deli
  • Additional balance fixes
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

Balance changes. Feel like these should have been listed.

Couple of display number updates on cards.

Deli HP 315 -> 310
Consulate Gardener changes to 310 hitpoints and faster attack speed (to match deli)

Azap cost 40 f/w -> 45 f/w

Line Infantry build limit 30 -> 15

Humbaraci
  • Seige 52 -> 48
    Defend Ranged, Volley Ranged, and Mortar attack artillery bonus 2.5x -> 2.25x
    (stagger ranged attack still has the 2.5x multiplier against artillery??)
    Melee attack 30 -> 26
    Melee attack artillery bonus 2x -> 1.75x
    Mortar Siege attack 41 -> 48
Arsonist rollover text changed

Portuguese 3 Organ Gun 200 gold cost correct from age 4 card to age 3 card

Portuguese Papal Guard politician removed these techs: DEKeepCrossbowmenTechsAlignedInBarracksShadow, DEKeepImperialCrossbowmenTechsAlignedInBarracksShadow

South Africa revolution now enables construction of banks (impactful for civs other than Dutch).

Ancein Regime card: Royal Dragoon population space 1-> 2

Landwehr card now ships 3 Uhlans
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I love the buffs for some Russian cards. The age IV card for musketeers now giving +25% hp/dmg is absurdly strong. You have to remember that Russian musketeers scale from 150hp/23dmg stats instead of how it looks like in the game, yielding +37.5 hp/5.75 dmg. However, given that their colo musket is a nerfed standard musket with 120hp/18.4 dmg which costs -25% resources, the age IV card translates into +31% if you took the nerfed version as a base. Easily the strongest unit upgrade card in the game.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

duckzilla wrote: ā†‘
03 Nov 2022, 17:57
I love the buffs for some Russian cards. The age IV card for musketeers now giving +25% hp/dmg is absurdly strong. You have to remember that Russian musketeers scale from 150hp/23dmg stats instead of how it looks like in the game, yielding +37.5 hp/5.75 dmg. However, given that their colo musket is a nerfed standard musket with 120hp/18.4 dmg which costs -25% resources, the age IV card translates into +31% if you took the nerfed version as a base. Easily the strongest unit upgrade card in the game.
The age IV card only affects like 0.1 percent of all russian games played though and thus doesnt buff russias winrate.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye Russia has always been pretty average and now with the new civs and safer maps it's just mediocre, competitively speaking. I don't even know why is it ranked so high in some tier list.
I'm not advocating for Russia buffs (in fact the age IV musketeer buff is huge and not even deserved probably, same for the strelet range buff), but I'm surprised none has pointed out that Russia basically received no substantial buffs for the standard play, while basically all other Euro civs has gone through a rework, ending up being buffed.
Image Image Image
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Garja wrote: ā†‘
03 Nov 2022, 19:45
Ye Russia has always been pretty average and now with the new civs and safer maps it's just mediocre, competitively speaking. I don't even know why is it ranked so high in some tier list.
I'm not advocating for Russia buffs (in fact the age IV musketeer buff is huge and not even deserved probably, same for the strelet range buff), but I'm surprised none has pointed out that Russia basically received no substantial buffs for the standard play, while basically all other Euro civs has gone through a rework, ending up being buffed.
Perhaps they are fine with the general design for Russia and just want to move away from "5 cossack" "4 cossack" spam rush strat every game?
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

who can I blame for setting new unit stats? (like the hackepelit)
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

can I blame you @tilanus ?
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

looks like enter attack move is not wortking well at all now. Nobody notices it ? I lost so many game coz of it. It works basically halft the time O_o on my setup