Public Update Preview - January Update

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Public Update Preview - January Update

Post by EliteRifleman »

GENERAL
Bosniak: Removed unit promotion feature and damage multiplier against shock infantry.
Giant Grenadier: Ranged damage decreased to 36 (from 42).
Grenadier: Added a negative melee attack multiplier of 0.15x against Shock Infantry.
Guard of Honor, Legendary Native Warriors (Brazil Revolution): These cards now properly cost a shipment each.
2 Bank Wagons (South Africa Revolution): Bank build limit increased by 2 (from 1).
Several recently added technologies now get properly researched upon starting the game in Post-Industrial and Post-Imperial Age.

CHINESE
Tea Export (I): Export trickle reduced to 0.35 e/s (from 0.4).

FRENCH
Aerostatic Corps (IV): No longer sends an Advanced Hot Air Balloon.
French Revolution (IV): Now also activates the Edict of Nantes card to enable Grenadier training in the Church.
Napoleonic Era (French Revolution): Costs reduced to 1789f 1815c (from 1789f 1804w 1815c).
Sister Republics (French Revolution): Costs reduced to 1000f (from 1500f).
Hundred Days (French Revolution): Now takes 60 seconds to arrive (up from 40 seconds).
Sansculotte: Initial gather rate for wood changed to 0.5w/s (up from 0.4w/s) and for mines to 0.66c/s (up from 0.5c/s).

GERMANS
Hire Pandours (III): Cost increased to 1000c (from 500c).
Mercenary Camps (III): Now delivers 3 Uhlans as intended.

INDIANS
Crushing Force: Damage improvement for elephants reduced to +15% (from +20%).

ITALIANS
Imperial Bersaglieri (V): Corrected the armor bonus to 5% (up from 0.5%)
Redshirts (IV): No longer affects the entire team.

LAKOTA
Cooperation (II, Tribal Marketplace Big Button): Now correctly costs 250 food and 250 wood and lowers the cost of support cards by 25% as intended (up from 15%).
3 Axe Riders (II): Reverted unit count to 4 (from 3).
5 Club Warriors (II): Reverted unit count to 6 (from 5).
TEAM Great Lakes (I): Now correctly reduces the costs of the Legendary War Boats, Improved Cordage, and River Raids technologies in Native American Docks.

OTTOMANS
Azap:
Ranged damage reduced to 6 (from 8).
Melee resistance flipped to ranged resistance.
Deli:
Attack speed slowed down to 1.2 (from 1.00).
Movement speed reduced to 6.8 (from 6.9).
Hitpoints increased to 315 (from 310).
Nizam Fusilier:
Unit no longer benefits from Counter Infantry Rifling.
Melee damage multiplier against Cavalry increased to 3.0x (up from 2.5x) to match the strengths of Musketeers.
Nizam Fusilier units and shipments now respect a build limit of 20 (up from 15).
Janissary: Janissary shipments now properly respect the available population space.
Levy: Fixed an error that allowed Ottomans to access a second Levy ability spawning Militiamen when starting a game in the Post-Industrial or Post-Imperial Age.

PORTUGUESE
Feitorias (I): Reduced effectiveness of Town Center resource rates reduced by -50%.

RUSSIANS
Sovnya (III): Melee damage improvement for Streltsy reduced to +4 (down from +10).
Economic Theory (I): Added to homecity.

SPANISH
Spanish Gold (III): Now adds the appropriate amount of +330 coin (instead of +300) to Exploration Age cards after aging up with the Logistician politician.

SWEDES
Hakkapelit:
Hitpoints reduced to 210 (from 240).
Melee damage reduced to 22 (down from 30).
Melee damage multiplier now applies to Heavy Cavalry instead of all Cavalry.
Added melee damage multiplier of 0.6x against Infantry and Villagers.
March of the Hakkapelits: Hakkapelit speed increase reduced to 0.15 (down from 0.25).
Contract Irish Brigadiers (II): Sends 9 Irish Brigadiers (up from 8) and is now available in Age 2 as intended.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Re: Public Update Preview - January Update

Post by EliteRifleman »

No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

Nice changes, Portos and Swedens were so boring, especially in team game
Slovenia Javon
Musketeer

Post by Javon »

Are those nerfs for Hakkas too much? Also, how come there are no Malta changes/nerfs?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Yes hakka nerfs are too many. No need to add specific neg bonus to vills and infantry.
Image Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

the unit still super good really
Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Still good overall unit but it should lose to goon now I think
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

Not much really changes for hakka vs goon, they still beat them hard in melee and trade almost even in range. Sp the hakka will still run to melee goons while you get off 1-2 shots then run around the map.
It'll be like running hus into goon, except the hakka are same speed, kill hakka in 5 hits instead of 7, and die to goon range fire in 12 hits instead of 7.
Spoiler
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

The severity of the feitorias + hakka nerfs really highlights the lack of vision behind both changes in the first place. Is feitorias a card you want port to be sending first thing 100% of the time or not? What scenario exactly do you want hakkapellits to be trained in? I don't think they had an answer to these, they're just throwing shit at a wall.
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

Garja wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 15:46
Yes hakka nerfs are too many. No need to add specific neg bonus to vills and infantry.
The neg bonuses make it do similar damage to a goon in melee vs vils and inf (vet dragoons do 13.2 , vet hakka 15.8 damage per hit)

I don't know why they didn't reduce the melee attack and increase the existing multipliers, this is so confusing.
Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

Changes are all pretty good.
Hakka = still a good unit, still has AOE dmg and isn't hard countered by goons. Still decent at raiding.
Sweden= strong civ still, +1 vill from previous balance patch makes them scary.
China = Tea leaves nerf is noticeable, so russian block house is easier to punish now.
Port = Feitorias nerf feels adequate, will still be port meta apart from water maps. They just dont have res coming out of there arse now!
Otto = Deli are still really good, especially for raiding, but nerf for them is good and they wont counter pikes as hard now XD. Abus still going to be a problem though and otto still one of the top tiers.

And yes I have played the PUP...you're welcome.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

LionHeart wrote:
06 Jan 2023, 10:55
Port = Feitorias nerf feels adequate, will still be port meta apart from water maps. They just dont have res coming out of there arse now!
Ports never needed this card. It's just a faux villager shipment. They are more unique having to pick a less desirable shipment or forgo shipping anything in discovery.

Though I'll miss the Brazil revolution where you can dual stable Legion Dragoons and have an unlimited amount of Feitoria TC pumping free revolutionaries at like 14 min. Not amazingly strong, but hilarious when people just got overwhelmed by the sheer number of units it pumps out.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Port is wrecked, but Sweden may be even stronger. They didn't really rely on hakkapelit lame (which just benefits noobs), and spamming brigadiers may destroy the game.

And the lakota bug button gives 0.03 xp/s per village which is too slow. 10 villagers on a mine produce 0.3 xp/s, a 30% TP.
Germany KaanHoca
Crossbow
ESO: KaanHoca
GameRanger ID: 9460097

Post by KaanHoca »

fei123456 wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 16:34
Port is wrecked, but Sweden may be even stronger. They didn't really rely on hakkapelit lame (which just benefits noobs), and spamming brigadiers may destroy the game.
ye brigadiers gonna be funny but I think its unlikely that it will ever destroy the game, civs like otto can contuine doing abus against it, but what do I know.
Imo only very good musk if it can melee, otherwise normal musk, maybe even bad considering cost?
I guess it can be a bit tricky to play against as brits haha, I can imagine brigadier just melees everything down, if brits can't mass enough longbows, but I really don't have an clue about tempo in that MU so don't take it serious.
imgur.com/a/7KPXbBR
Macau firstaim
Crossbow

Post by firstaim »

draztik wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 05:27
Nice changes, Portos and Swedens were so boring, especially in team game
Team game has trash balance for a long time.
I rarely saw such az/haud these civs appeared in team game, but mostly dutch/british/sweden/port.
These is so boring also to face these civs every game.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Hakkapelit:
Added melee damage multiplier of 0.6x against Infantry and Villagers.
March of the Hakkapelits: Hakkapelit speed increase reduced to 0.15 (down from 0.25).

These two are unnecessary, but won't make Hakkas unbearably weak.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Hakkapelits still op. It's very convenient that most swedish upgrade cards are for both Hakka and Hussar. That's a really nice unit combination. It even has good siege.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

duckzilla wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 12:34
Hakkapelits still op. It's very convenient that most swedish upgrade cards are for both Hakka and Hussar. That's a really nice unit combination. It even has good siege.
Hakka siege needs to go away, they should have as much siege as ruyters
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

dutchdude117 wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 13:08
duckzilla wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 12:34
Hakka siege needs to go away, they should have as much siege as ruyters
Noooo.... Why shouldn't an uncounterable speedy high dmg unit also have more than twice the siege damage than its most similar unit?

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

So what impact does this new patch have? I haven't played it and I don't even want to sincerely, but I would like to know if the balance is going in the right direction
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Don Nameless wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 19:28
So what impact does this new patch have? I haven't played it and I don't even want to sincerely, but I would like to know if the balance is going in the right direction
in the right direction. it isn't the tweaks that are problemsome, it's when they get creative
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

callentournies wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 05:03
Don Nameless wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 19:28
in the right direction. it isn't the tweaks that are problemsome, it's when they get creative
Ok let's hope it stays like this, the creativity has always been there in this game only that once it was more fun because rare now it seems too common (I mean on DE)