ESOC Update

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

ESOC Update

Post by n0el »

Image As many of you have now noticed, ESOC has been refreshed with updated graphics, new team members and a renewed focus on promoting a positive culture around AoE3. The website has been a hub for players of the classic real-time strategy game for over a decade, providing resources, discussions, and tournaments for the game's passionate fanbase and now its time to take the next step forward for the game we all love. The refresh includes a sleek new design for the forums, updating to match the wonderful graphical updates that the Definitive edition has brought us, as well as updates to the Discord, Twitch and Youtube graphics. But the main focus of the new ESOC is on promoting a positive culture around Age of Empires 3. The community aims to be welcoming, inclusive, and respectful to all players, regardless of their skill level or background. We have implemented a new code of conduct and moderation policies to ensure that the community remains a safe and positive environment for all. The new ESOC provides a fresh start for the community and a platform for continued growth and engagement for years to come.
Code of Conduct
In order to achieve and maintain the new ESOC, we have several new team members which have joined across the various functions of ESOC. In the @Community Team, @edeholland is joined by @EliteRifleman, @moonshine, @dutchdude117, @Jaegerchere, @KrispyK, and @Nicius. In the @Media Team, @Joshua667746 (aka Josh) will lead the streaming and content side while @Guigs will lead the tournament admin side; they are joined by @Bronchy, Facundo, Chosen, @GKShaman, GeneralSpades, and @Challenger_Marco. The @Development Team now has @Dunamai and Dori helping the legends @EAGLEMUT, @musketeer925 and @Kao. Last but not least, we have introduced a new team which is adjacent to the ESOC staff, the @Pro Team. The ESOC Pro Team is responsible for offering key input on event rules in order to maintain the highest level of competition possible and creating content to help new players learn the game (check out the Strategy Wall for recent additions). The ESOC Pro Team consists of @Ezad, @Revnak, @Kawapasaka, @Kynesie and @JulianK.
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: ESOC Update

Post by iNcog »

ESOC has come a long way since it was founded in 2015, gotta admit.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

thought @Kawapasaka was just some 1600 Elo china one-trick back on EP?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Kynesie being involved in event rules is ironic.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

I've been waiting for this graphic update since the release of aoe3de, now everything is nicer, only it's bad to see a gap at the top of the page. I just hope I don't get aoeforum-style warning messages.
There are few of these pros I hope you will add more over time.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

callentournies wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:09
BOAWO
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm glad to the old skin is still available to use.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

When emojis updated?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

harcha wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 21:38
I understand where you are coming from, but the renewed focus on AoE3 and ESOC's culture means we have to put some past grievances behind us. We want to focus on how everyone in the community can contribute to the game we all (used to) love.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's not the same game anymore but I like the idea of trying to move forward instead of dwelling on the past.

I think you're going to have to rebuild the competitive scene from the ground up though. Good thing you have a lot of fresh blood to work with. As far as I'm aware, the playerbase of beginner to intermediate players is growing. This is the opposite approach to AoE4, which is good since they literally only care about the game as an esport and fail to even do that well. On the other hand, aoe3 is feeding into its playerbase intelligently. It sucks and I've been quite critical of it in the past (since, you know, the game is not the same at all and they've expanded on what makes the game less fun to play at a high level), but it's probably the best thing overall for the game.
Garja wrote:
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

edeholland wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 13:56
harcha wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 21:38
I understand where you are coming from, but the renewed focus on AoE3 and ESOC's culture means we have to put some past grievances behind us. We want to focus on how everyone in the community can contribute to the game we all (used to) love.
Doesn’t it seem very relevant to have the best water and defensive player ever to be able to give input on which maps are most fair? It’s not new that kynesie has given great feedback with regards to water maps in tourney pools.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

callentournies wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:09
China practice pays off.
mad cuz bad
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

The competitive scene has completely changed compared to the past tad or ep but also since the beginning of DE where there was a cross between Nilla tad and ep player. The pro of today are not those of yesterday or at least some and they are not those of the past.
It's just time going on. Now for me it's not even Aoe3 it's another game that is called aoe3.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

The writing "User control panel" is hardly visible with the current background. Were the old emojis deleted? When I go to edit avatar they appear for about 2 seconds and then disappear.
Attachments
Immagine 2023-03-05 171330.png
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Don Nameless wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 16:15
The writing "User control panel" is hardly visible with the current background. Were the old emojis deleted? When I go to edit avatar they appear for about 2 seconds and then disappear.
should be better now, there was an issue with the main banner
mad cuz bad
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Looks great, better than before ! This is the style I'm going to keep using.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Best of luck! Keep it going!
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Looks awesome!
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Congratulations to ESOC for these great updates! Very happy to see a lot of familiar faces being added to the team. It's been - and still is - an honor to work with everyone from the old as well as the new guard, both on the ESOC site (back in the dayz!) and now DE. ^_^
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

@tilanus can we stop nerfing china
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

uberjz wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 03:15
@tilanus can we stop nerfing china
Please some restraint :flowers:
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Happy to see this positive message.

I've not experienced much negativity lately, but I must admit I haven't been very active. I hope, for the people who suffered from possible negativity, things are getting better now.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

Nice job on the updated page. Looks good! I just went on another forum for a different RTS game I used to play, just to see how it was getting on. Hadn't been on it since I was a kid - apparently no one else had either cos the last post was a sad goodbye from the pages' manager 9 years ago lol. So good to come on here and see ESOC is not only alive but refreshed too! :)
How do you write a signature?
Great Britain MrRewindThat
Crossbow
ESO: ⭐★彡ELiYaH彡★⭐
Clan: HvNy

Post by MrRewindThat »

Excellent job! Well done.
:nwc: 2019 spectator :flowers: