US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: US Politics Megathread

Post by harcha »

fightinfrenchman wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2023, 20:01
fei123456 wrote: ↑
14 Feb 2023, 04:48
What about the train accident in Ohio? Our news said it's "another Chernobyl" "causing millions of cancer" "US government blocked all the reports". Is it really that serious?
Anybody who said something to the effect of "nobody is talking about this" should be ignored going forward because that's blatantly untrue
Don't be silly, it was pretty underreported considering that it happened on the 3rd, but immediately took the backseat to weather balloons and UFOs.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

is the US getting sabotaged 🤨
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

From 1990 to 2021 there were an average of 1,705 train derailments per year, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics and Federal Railroad Administration.
They're common and using derailment and hazardous materials will get you tons of clicks online rn. Did this one car release hazardous chemicals into the air?

Regulations are good.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

shoulda added a couple of those scary soviet "toxic" warning signs near the railroad
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

i was talking about one of these. it says "polluted" and was supposed to be marking rail segments that are subject to chemical or radioactive pollution
(i really wish picture attachments just worked here)
Attachments
SmartSelect_20230217_214023_WhatsApp.jpg
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

harcha wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2023, 08:47
15 Feb 2023, 20:01
fei123456 wrote: ↑
14 Feb 2023, 04:48
What about the train accident in Ohio? Our news said it's "another Chernobyl" "causing millions of cancer" "US government blocked all the reports". Is it really that serious?
Anybody who said something to the effect of "nobody is talking about this" should be ignored going forward because that's blatantly untrue
Don't be silly, it was pretty underreported considering that it happened on the 3rd, but immediately took the backseat to weather balloons and UFOs.
"Nobody is talking about this" to "it was undereported compared to less important things" are two extremely different claims
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

ohio = good morning
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

The horsemen has adapted some Japanese. Possible weeb suspect?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

got em
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

meanwhile in america

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

live-action roleplaying nazis
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

what about that is a LARP and not a credible threat of violence lol, a guy in the post down was brandishing a pistol

i suppose attacking power stations and sending bomb threats to kids hospitals can be classified as LARPing too
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

no, obviously the violence is real. their identity is a larp, a nazi-costumed larp applied to american realities
nazis were not about white supremacy, but about aryan/germanic supremacy. they despised whites like us eastern europeans or slavs in general, for example
this stuff is political cosplay
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2023, 13:55
no, obviously the violence is real. their identity is a larp, a nazi-costumed larp applied to american realities
nazis were not about white supremacy, but about aryan/germanic supremacy. they despised whites like us eastern europeans or slavs in general, for example
I don't know why you get so hung up on these minor differences, the problem is that they are a group of people who want to inflict mass murder on the population
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

dolan gives redditor vibes
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

12 Mar 2023, 22:52
I don't know why you get so hung up on these minor differences, the problem is that they are a group of people who want to inflict mass murder on the population

Got eem
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Was he wrong
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

no. everyone's problems would be solved if we exterminated everyone obviously
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

13 Mar 2023, 13:31
no. everyone's problems would be solved if we exterminated everyone obviously
Yeah but it is actually a statistical impossibility for a species to exterminate itself at large unless some external uncontrolled factors come into play.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

13 Mar 2023, 08:16
12 Mar 2023, 22:52
Got eem
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

16 Mar 2023, 00:42
13 Mar 2023, 08:16
Show hidden quotes
Got eem
wait till you see how anti-romanian I am too

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote: ↑
26 Mar 2023, 17:19
Frankly, after looking at the GOP in America, it seems to me that Russia has been running highly, highly successful anti-democracy campaigns in most occidental countries. They influenced the American election in 2016. It's no secret that most of Europe's extremist parties have ties to Russia and Putin. He finances them and gives them a platform to run on. It's actually fairly impressive. Had Trump been re-elected in 2020, I actually think Ukraine would have been annexed by now. And yeah this is a thread regarding European politics but it seems that American elections have repercussions in Europe, lul.
Idk it seems conservatives in the US lie on a spectrum when it comes to Russia and supporting Ukraine.
Like the New York Post which is a right-leaning outlet had this on their front page yesterday:

There are lots of posters on the internet who associate the pro-Ukraine stance with liberals with pro-trans views etc, but a front page like that really shows that it's not that simple.
There are pro-lgbt conservatives who are against US supporting Ukraine and anti-lgbt conservatives who are pro Ukraine.
The US really has its own peculiar political culture that doesn't compare with any other from elsewhere.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Yeah, from my outside perspective I also find that the foreign policy and internal affairs are two completely distinct worlds for many US politicians. Internal affairs seem more culture-wars-based.