PowerRating & Elo

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
User avatar
Brazil look
Howdah
Posts: 1427
Joined: Jun 4, 2015
ESO: LoOk_tOm
Location: Brasil, UK

PowerRating & Elo

Post by look »

How would the current ranks be according to the actual ELO.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
User avatar
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
Posts: 1016
Joined: Jul 27, 2016
ESO: aykin

Re: PowerRating & Elo

  • Quote

Post by Aykin Haraka »

you'd still be pr 24 sadGe ma boi
User avatar
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher
Posts: 183
Joined: Dec 12, 2022
Location: Italy

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Don Nameless »

look wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:28
How would the current ranks be according to the actual ELO.
Never understood, I only know that currently the tops are from 1 lieutenant up to some colo lt for teams and from captain up to colo lt for 1v1 this is my impression.
The developers might know something about it :ugeek:
User avatar
Brazil look
Howdah
Posts: 1427
Joined: Jun 4, 2015
ESO: LoOk_tOm
Location: Brasil, UK

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by look »

Aykin Haraka wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:45
you'd still be pr 24 sadGe ma boi
that was not the question
lol
and it's not my fault if you lose to a pr 24
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
User avatar
Germany moonshine
Skirmisher
Posts: 103
Joined: Sep 3, 2021

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by moonshine »

no clue if its accurate overall but i did a list and was sending them back to some high elo players for getting a responding in and thats my list. I started by 1000 Elo because that is where they sort you if you start playing ranked ^^. Also i observed that some Elo steps are more represented then others.. I think overall you cant make a PR and ELO comparison. Also there is a lot of inflated Accounts because of overpowered civs or strategies...

2500-more = PR 50 / Field Marshal
2500-2400 = PR 47-49 / General
2400-2200 = PR 44-46 / Lieutenant General
2200-2050 = PR 41-43 / Major General
2050-2000 = PR 38-40 / Brigadier
2000-1900 = PR 35-37 / Colonel
1900-1800 = PR 32-34 / Lieutenant Colonel
1800-1700 = PR 29-31 / Major
1700-1600 = PR 26-28 / Captain
1600-1550 = PR 23-25 / 1st Lieutenant
1550-1450 = PR 20-22 / 2nd Lieutenant
1450-1350 = PR 17-19 / Master Sergeant
1350-1250 = PR 14-16 / Sergeant
1250-1150 = PR 11-13 / Corporal
1150-1100 = PR 08-10 / Lance Corporal
1100-1050 = PR 03-07 / Private
1050-1000 = PR 00-02 / Conscript
User avatar
Brazil look
Howdah
Posts: 1427
Joined: Jun 4, 2015
ESO: LoOk_tOm
Location: Brasil, UK

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by look »

moonshine wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:54
no clue if its accurate overall but i did a list and was sending them back to some high elo players for getting a responding in and thats my list. I started by 1000 Elo because that is where they sort you if you start playing ranked ^^. Also i observed that some Elo steps are more represented then others.. I think overall you cant make a PR and ELO comparison. Also there is a lot of inflated Accounts because of overpowered civs or strategies...

2500+ = PR 50 / Field Marshal
2500-2400 = 47-49 / General
2400-2200 = 44-46 / Lieutenant General
2200-2050 = 41-43 / Major General
2050-2000= 38-40 / Brigadier
2000-1900 = 35-37 / Colonel
1900-1800 = 32-34 / Lieutenant Colonel
1800-1700 = 29-31 / Major
1700-1600 = 26-28 / Captain
1600-1550 = 23-25 / 1st Lieutenant
1550-1450 = 20-22 / 2nd Lieutenant
1450-1350= 17-19 / Master Sergeant
1350-1250= 14-16 / Sergeant
1250-1150 = 11-13 / Corporal
1150-1100 = 8-10 / Lance Corporal
1100-1050 = 3-7 / Private
1050-1000= 0-2 / Conscript
seems pretty accurate
the difference is that to be at PR 25 and PR 40 it is enough to win or lose some matches.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
User avatar
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
Posts: 1016
Joined: Jul 27, 2016
ESO: aykin

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Aykin Haraka »

look wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:41
Aykin Haraka wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:45
you'd still be pr 24 sadGe ma boi
that was not the question
lol
and it's not my fault if you lose to a pr 24
kekw mate it's a joke
User avatar
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Posts: 54
Joined: Jan 5, 2021
Clan: ArC

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Adribird »

moonshine wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:54
no clue if its accurate overall but i did a list and was sending them back to some high elo players for getting a responding in and thats my list. I started by 1000 Elo because that is where they sort you if you start playing ranked ^^. Also i observed that some Elo steps are more represented then others.. I think overall you cant make a PR and ELO comparison. Also there is a lot of inflated Accounts because of overpowered civs or strategies...

2500+ = PR 50 / Field Marshal
2500-2400 = 47-49 / General
2400-2200 = 44-46 / Lieutenant General
2200-2050 = 41-43 / Major General
2050-2000= 38-40 / Brigadier
2000-1900 = 35-37 / Colonel
1900-1800 = 32-34 / Lieutenant Colonel
1800-1700 = 29-31 / Major
1700-1600 = 26-28 / Captain
1600-1550 = 23-25 / 1st Lieutenant
1550-1450 = 20-22 / 2nd Lieutenant
1450-1350= 17-19 / Master Sergeant
1350-1250= 14-16 / Sergeant
1250-1150 = 11-13 / Corporal
1150-1100 = 8-10 / Lance Corporal
1100-1050 = 3-7 / Private
1050-1000= 0-2 / Conscript
I disagree a bit with the mid/low elos (a 1400 elo player is higher than First Sergeant level and elo can drop below 1000), but it's not bad.
User avatar
Brazil look
Howdah
Posts: 1427
Joined: Jun 4, 2015
ESO: LoOk_tOm
Location: Brasil, UK

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by look »

Adribird wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 16:43
moonshine wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:54
no clue if its accurate overall but i did a list and was sending them back to some high elo players for getting a responding in and thats my list. I started by 1000 Elo because that is where they sort you if you start playing ranked ^^. Also i observed that some Elo steps are more represented then others.. I think overall you cant make a PR and ELO comparison. Also there is a lot of inflated Accounts because of overpowered civs or strategies...

2500+ = PR 50 / Field Marshal
2500-2400 = 47-49 / General
2400-2200 = 44-46 / Lieutenant General
2200-2050 = 41-43 / Major General
2050-2000= 38-40 / Brigadier
2000-1900 = 35-37 / Colonel
1900-1800 = 32-34 / Lieutenant Colonel
1800-1700 = 29-31 / Major
1700-1600 = 26-28 / Captain
1600-1550 = 23-25 / 1st Lieutenant
1550-1450 = 20-22 / 2nd Lieutenant
1450-1350= 17-19 / Master Sergeant
1350-1250= 14-16 / Sergeant
1250-1150 = 11-13 / Corporal
1150-1100 = 8-10 / Lance Corporal
1100-1050 = 3-7 / Private
1050-1000= 0-2 / Conscript
I disagree a bit with the mid/low elos (a 1400 elo player is higher than First Sergeant level and elo can drop below 1000), but it's not bad.
I think from 1400 or less is difficult to establish a correct metric!
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 29, 2015
ESO: Stanley_Winston
Location: Belgium

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by stanleywinston »

Aykin Haraka wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:45
you'd still be pr 24 sadGe ma boi
savage
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
Posts: 840
Joined: Nov 9, 2016
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Jerimuno »

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 8059
Joined: May 4, 2015
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Hazza54321 »

moonshine wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:54
no clue if its accurate overall but i did a list and was sending them back to some high elo players for getting a responding in and thats my list. I started by 1000 Elo because that is where they sort you if you start playing ranked ^^. Also i observed that some Elo steps are more represented then others.. I think overall you cant make a PR and ELO comparison. Also there is a lot of inflated Accounts because of overpowered civs or strategies...

2500+ = PR 50 / Field Marshal
2500-2400 = 47-49 / General
2400-2200 = 44-46 / Lieutenant General
2200-2050 = 41-43 / Major General
2050-2000= 38-40 / Brigadier
2000-1900 = 35-37 / Colonel
1900-1800 = 32-34 / Lieutenant Colonel
1800-1700 = 29-31 / Major
1700-1600 = 26-28 / Captain
1600-1550 = 23-25 / 1st Lieutenant
1550-1450 = 20-22 / 2nd Lieutenant
1450-1350= 17-19 / Master Sergeant
1350-1250= 14-16 / Sergeant
1250-1150 = 11-13 / Corporal
1150-1100 = 8-10 / Lance Corporal
1100-1050 = 3-7 / Private
1050-1000= 0-2 / Conscript
I highly doubt its like that. I dont think the level has been close to what it used to be meanwhile the top ranks/elo was lt general back in the day. Kaiser reached general but i dont think anyone currently playing matched prime kaiser (no offence to people i woke up and decided to speak facts instead of english)
User avatar
Germany moonshine
Skirmisher
Posts: 103
Joined: Sep 3, 2021

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by moonshine »

so accorded to that i am a PR35^^ and Breeze is a PR50 or did i understood that wrong ?
User avatar
Germany moonshine
Skirmisher
Posts: 103
Joined: Sep 3, 2021

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by moonshine »

Hazza54321 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:05
moonshine wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:54
no clue if its accurate overall but i did a list and was sending them back to some high elo players for getting a responding in and thats my list. I started by 1000 Elo because that is where they sort you if you start playing ranked ^^. Also i observed that some Elo steps are more represented then others.. I think overall you cant make a PR and ELO comparison. Also there is a lot of inflated Accounts because of overpowered civs or strategies...

2500+ = PR 50 / Field Marshal
2500-2400 = 47-49 / General
2400-2200 = 44-46 / Lieutenant General
2200-2050 = 41-43 / Major General
2050-2000= 38-40 / Brigadier
2000-1900 = 35-37 / Colonel
1900-1800 = 32-34 / Lieutenant Colonel
1800-1700 = 29-31 / Major
1700-1600 = 26-28 / Captain
1600-1550 = 23-25 / 1st Lieutenant
1550-1450 = 20-22 / 2nd Lieutenant
1450-1350= 17-19 / Master Sergeant
1350-1250= 14-16 / Sergeant
1250-1150 = 11-13 / Corporal
1150-1100 = 8-10 / Lance Corporal
1100-1050 = 3-7 / Private
1050-1000= 0-2 / Conscript
I highly doubt its like that. I dont think the level has been close to what it used to be meanwhile the top ranks/elo was lt general back in the day. Kaiser reached general but i dont think anyone currently playing matched prime kaiser (no offence to people i woke up and decided to speak facts instead of english)
Good Morning H ! - instead of just saying its wrong our you would doubt that, you could make a own list or you could explain what you think is wrong on the list :p
User avatar
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
Posts: 671
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Re: PowerRating & Elo

  • Quote

Post by kevinitalien »

it's simple for me, there is no one above PR35 currently on DE
Image
Image
Image Image
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
Posts: 840
Joined: Nov 9, 2016
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Jerimuno »

if greatscythe right now is pr25 at 1405 and piro is pr30 at 1745, then pr35~2085 and pr40~2425
which seems accurate enough, agreed with kevin all shit
User avatar
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sep 26, 2015
Location: Germany
Clan: N3O

Re: PowerRating & Elo

  • Quote

Post by aaryngend »

Jerimuno wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:24
if greatscythe right now is pr25 at 1405 and piro is pr30 at 1745, then pr35~2085 and pr40~2425
which seems accurate enough, agreed with kevin all shit
I don't think that we can extrapolate ranks betwee legacy and DE by taking two points like PR 25 & PR 30 and link them to something like 1400 and 1745 in DE respectively. The formulas for rank and progression between simple elo and the DE rankings are too different for that.
France vidner
Crossbow
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 14, 2023
ESO: _bob_
Clan: tpink

Re: PowerRating & Elo

  • Quote

Post by vidner »

hmm for me for i see on the new game, 1400 elo is pr high lieut; pr 1500 is captain; 1600-1700 is major- 1800-1900 is lieut co; 2000+ is pr 34+ after this; no need to measure
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2829
Joined: Mar 7, 2015
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by MCJim »

How would AoE3 legacy ELO compare to AoE3 DE ELO? 1600 = 1200?
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_


:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 8059
Joined: May 4, 2015
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: PowerRating & Elo

Post by Hazza54321 »

Thats kinda what this thread is about
User avatar
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
Posts: 1572
Joined: Nov 14, 2015
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: PowerRating & Elo

  • Quote

Post by dicktator_ »

kevinitalien wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:22
it's simple for me, there is no one above PR35 currently on DE
Seems kinda harsh but if you exclude the top 5 or so then I agree. When Kaiser was streaming against Julian he said that if he were playing at his usual level Julian would be 5 pr lower than him, this would put Julian at like pr 39-40 which I think is fair. Back then you could be pr 35 and still be a full tier at least below the top players. Obviously I still agree that the level isn’t what it used to be.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag MementoMori
Crossbow
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 13, 2022

Re: PowerRating & Elo

  • Quote

Post by MementoMori »

One year ago, I held a ranking of 36/37 on the Nilla platform with an Elo rating of 1800. Following assertions from certain individuals suggesting a correlation between Nilla and an Elo reduction of 5 points, it is posited that my equivalent ranking on the EP platform would have been 31/32 with an Elo of 1800 on DE. This aligns reasonably well with the Moonshine list.

Nevertheless, the application of such logic appears dogshit to me : given the inherent disparities between era, playstyles, build order, specific civilizations, and inherent imbalances. It raises the question of whether it is feasible to convert EP Player Ranking (PR) directly into Definitive Edition (DE) Elo, considering the nuanced differences that exist across these various parameters.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Which top 10 players do you wish to see listed?

All-time

Active last two weeks

Active last month

Supremacy

Treaty

Official

ESOC Patch

Treaty Patch

1v1 Elo

2v2 Elo

3v3 Elo

Power Rating

Which streams do you wish to see listed?

Twitch

Age of Empires III

Age of Empires IV