Hausa - does it even exist anymore?

No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Re: Hausa - does it even exist anymore?

Post by a forum ghost »

I guess so. But the thing is musk + cavalry composition is not that good outside of age2. So you eventually gonna have to add something else to the composition eventually.

Artillery cost influence and are unrealistic to mass them. So I think the realistic compositions for Hausa is either skirm + goon + cav or skirm + musk + cav. Either way you just gonna have to deal with either Corsair Marksmans or Fulanis. I guess having Dervishes in deck could be helpful as well.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I've got an update here from my experiences trying to make hausa work.

I found how to make fulani work for me: Griots. I'd not actually used the unit when I made this post originally. The 2 together have some amazing synergy. I also believe there was a small buff to the fulani multi as well recently. In any case I am doing something like this now:
My build is essentially: Eat first cattle and build market -> queue first vill then use a single vill to herd and build granary while the others finish eating the first cattle -> everyone on food -> when a cattle can be sold for 150w-175w, sell it and build a house and get first food upgrade -> ships 3 vills -> go up with 15 vills with Morocco (Can be 14 if you find a good food treasure) -> get the wood upgrade -> everyone on wood apart from 2-3 vills on food and herding -> chop a TP and 300 wood for a war camp and second food upgrade when you get to age2, then 4 vills on gold, everyone else on food -> send Hausa Kingdoms during transition -> when hitting age 2 build a war camp and sell a cattle for coin to get second food upgrade + get coin for first raiders -> collect xp crates and send palace wagon + 300 influence -> finish first batch of raiders
As above, but without the raiders opening. I'm now using the palace shipment influence to get Mission Fervor from the mosque super early and training griots and fulani and -at the moment, desert warriors- but i think i might need to revisit that. They are pretty good muskets though, but they slow down the fulani a bit. I also grab the goat tech at the uni very early. Im pushing with 5 griots, an infantry deathball of DW/Fulani and sometimes the Yoruba shipment age 2. Those are some really strong muskets with insane range, they just slow you down again. The griot speed aura with the stun is really effective with this composition. Age 3 im using the 5 griot 5v shipment, sennar, and lifidi with the above comp, or mixing javelins, whichever works best at the time. you upgrade javs and ful with the same upgrade so its no issue. I also strongly recommend the age 3 griot upgrade card.

Also worth noting: I cannot find a dmg cap in the files for Griots. They deal siege dmg at 16 range and an rof of 1. If you have 10 griots with the upgrade card, they are effectively dealing 90 siege dmg to a single target every 3 seconds, nevermind the splash. With mission fervour very early they also tank an insane amount of dmg for cost.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Hausa is good
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

callentournies wrote: ↑
19 May 2023, 02:53
Hausa is good
i am beginning to think that, they just take like two or three times the apm as the noob civs ladder big dogs like otto
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

I play Hausa with all in strat, 4cattles first card age1 - eat a cow at 12 vills - ageup with berbers and raid with Raiders and berber cav. It works 50% of times at my level. I will try using griots with this all in strat. :biggrin:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

If I were to come back to the game I'd probably try to spam some Hausa games, I really liked the design of the civilization when it was released.
Spoiler
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Astro Rabby
Crossbow

Post by Astro Rabby »

I often go Akans with Fulanis but yeah Raider Akan sounds real good, supported by lifidi shipments.
No Flag Invictus
Crossbow
ESO: Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Why everyone want to send 3 vill as a first shipment and not 4 cattle ? It seems to me that it can be a better start. You can eat a cattle to age up sonner and still have decent number of cattle for the next. Also, you can have the upgrade in transition for the cattle to benefit more from this shipment.

I'm thinking about a cattle build : sending 4 cattle age I and the 4 cattle from the age 2, doing the upgrade in transition, and trying to go double rax to have a great timing around 8min... Maybe it can be good
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Invictus wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2023, 17:11
Why everyone want to send 3 vill as a first shipment and not 4 cattle ?
unfortunately 4 cows just isn't as good as 3 villagers. 3v is just too strong. Also the 4 cows age 2 is a really weak card. Its better just to take tps and train either berber vills (eco ageup) or get the goat tech with morroco and let your livestock fill more passively. The 9 cow shipment age 3 is quite a good shipment, however. Its a lot of influence if you can afford a second market for them to hang out at. the benny shipment age 4 is really strong as well
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

idk how people are still sleeping on this civ
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Hazza54321 wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2023, 19:52
idk how people are still sleeping on this civ
to take a guess, complicated to play. low siege capabilities. fields are a pain in the ass. lack of distinctive "i win" cards age 3 (i dont think sennar are appreciated yet?). Explorer sucks ass at taking strong single guardian treasures age 1.
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Post by Scylla-x »

dansil92 wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2023, 03:04
to take a guess, complicated to play. low siege capabilities. fields are a pain in the ass. lack of distinctive "i win" cards age 3 (i dont think sennar are appreciated yet?). Explorer sucks ass at taking strong single guardian treasures age 1.
Pretty much summed it up perfectly. Fields are extremely annoying and hausa lack a lot of late game food gathering cards for them. Most people don't realize how good the livestock market can be and they lack a strong age 3 shipment, with most civs you go age 3 and send 2 falcs but with hausa there's really no such shipment that provides any real power spike. Influence can also be difficult to manage, it's hard to know when to invest in universities/palaces etc and whether it will pay off.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

i think the lack of actually useful strong shipments is probably why literally no one uses universities for xp generation.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I do actually use university on xp anytime I don't have a specific reason to put it on influence. I mean, usually if I drop a university is for influence builds, but speeding the shipment progression is very important, especially for Hausa which has a penalty.
E.g. there is one version of the Akan FI where I drop a starting TP using all cows and then send the TP+university as second card in age1. Because of no cows I'm a bit short of influence when it comes to send the 5ankobia card (400inf+700f is 10ankobia+100 inf, so I lack 150inf) and that's where I toggle the university to influence for a while. After that I switch it back to xp as it's just more useful, especially for an FI build which naturally rely on shipments. In age4, when I drop a palace for mercs or Maigadi then I might consider switching it to influence again, as well as building more university and other means to generate influence.

Hausa might not have outstanding shipments but they're all pretty good.
Image Image Image