If you want to avoid messing with the game files and use my color scheme, skip to the last step.
1) Navigate to the directory where your game (.exe) is installed. If you have installed the game on Steam, this can be accomplished by right-clicking on the game in your library -> properties -> local files -> browse. The path in my case is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE3DE.
2) In this directory, create a new folder and rename is to 'data'. Note: make sure you are not in the AoE3DE/Game folder because the Game folder already has a Data folder. This is the wrong location. Your data folder should be in the same folder where your .exe is located.
3) Download the attached playercolors.xml and put this file into your newly created data folder.
4) Change the following numbers at the bottom:
- <friendorfoeself color1="0 255 0" color2="0 255 0" color3="0 255 0" minimap="0 255 0"> </friendorfoeself>
- <friendorfoeally color1="255 255 0" color2="255 255 0" color3="255 255 0" minimap="255 255 0"></friendorfoeally>
- <friendorfoeenemy color1="255 0 0" color2="255 0 0" color3="255 0 0" minimap="255 0 0"></friendorfoeenemy>
5) Once your .xml file is edited to your liking, download the AOE3 Resource Manager: https://github.com/AOE3-Modding-Council ... ce-Manager. Once installed, open up the tool and press the convert button, press the .xml button, and press the to .xmb (DE) button to convert the .xml file to a .xmb file. You should have a playercolors.xml.xmb file in your previously created data folder. Yes, the file is supposed to have two extensions.
6) That's it, you're done. Open up your game, enable friend and foe colors, and you will see your beautifully picked out colors. I personally use green for myself, yellow for allies, and red for enemies. If you want to copy this color scheme, follow steps 1 and 2 and download the playercolors.xml.xmb file here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9gmj5wbf ... l.xmb/file (because I am not allowed to upload this file extension to the forums). Place the file into your newly created folder.
If you want to change colors, you need to edit the .xml file and repeat the conversion step. I hope this helps!