RMS (someone to create map for me)

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

RMS (someone to create map for me)

Post by thebritish »

Does someone wants to create custom map for me with my preferences for the map (how it looks like, tp's/natives/mercs/etc etc.)
Comment below if you have free time.. :)
Thanks in advance.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: RMS (someone to create map for me)

Post by Durokan »

Yes but nobody has control over mercs.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:Yes but nobody has control over mercs.

hmm, i thought you can decide which mercs can spawn on the map except renegado and comachero :(
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:

hmm, i thought you can decide which mercs can spawn on the map except renegado and comachero :(

maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that it ran a function to call mercs.xs or something like that which gave it random mercs. I guess it could be defined at the start, but i don't know how to do that.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:

maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that it ran a function to call mercs.xs or something like that which gave it random mercs. I guess it could be defined at the start, but i don't know how to do that.

you want to create the map for me?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

If it is reasonable, yes I can do that. I lurk around in user-created and make maps at the request of people all the time.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Well?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:Well?

Can you make the map like this?
Attachments
mymap.png
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

With exactly those resources? Also, i could use some clarification on the shape of the trade route. Also, I am assuming you do not want berries or treasures because they are not on the map. I also could use some pointers on what you want the terrain to be like. IE superflat or hilly or cliffy etc.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Oh, ye i forgot to tell about the other things.
-I would like the terrain to be like the one on New England, and mostly flat, except the part on the back where the sea is, to be like going from top to bottom-like a cliff (similar to the one on ESOC Baja California)
i think 2-3 berries at the TC will be good to be added, and about the trees. they can be random i guess.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:Oh, ye i forgot to tell about the other things.
-I would like the terrain to be like the one on New England, and mostly flat, except the part on the back where the sea is, to be like going from top to bottom-like a cliff (similar to the one on ESOC Baja California)
i think 2-3 berries at the TC will be good to be added, and about the trees. they can be random i guess.

and the trade route and treasures?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:

hmm, i think the standard 2 treasures at TC which show up (40food-40 coin), the one is with a coyote guardian and the other is empty.
Also, 140 food treasure, 90 wood, 80 wood, few smaller treasures, 2 big XP treasures, and one treasure which gives +10% HP to infantry.
About, the trade route: I think it could be straight line if thats what you are asking (something like the New England traderoute)
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:
Durokan wrote:

hmm, i think the standard 2 treasures at TC which show up (40food-40 coin), the one is with a coyote guardian and the other is empty.
Also, 140 food treasure, 90 wood, 80 wood, few smaller treasures, 2 big XP treasures, and one treasure which gives +10% HP to infantry.
About, the trade route: I think it could be straight line if thats what you are asking (something like the New England traderoute)

To my rather amateur knowledge, treasures do not work like you might think they do. It places treasures with random contents from a predetermined list. I have no control over which treasures spawn, only which list I use. If it was possible to change the treasures, surely 140f would have been removed by now. Anyways, I have a completed version of the map. It is attached as .txt because I still cannot attach .xs files for some reason

To play the map, put them in your RM3 folder and rename TheBritish.txt to TheBritish.xs
The map will be called "The Arena" because I was not supplied a name and the box shape of the map made me think of an arena. (For future reference, rectangle maps are incredibly inconvenient to code, but it was really fun.)

If you like this map, please put in the good word for me. You can redistribute the map and change it if you like as well. IE you can put a download link in your signature, assuming that is not against the rules.

Also, if anything doesn't work or needs changing please message me and I will do what I can.

(VERSION 1.0 WAS REMOVED DUE TO THE RELEASE OF VERSION 1.1)
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

To my rather amateur knowledge, treasures do not work like you might think they do. It places treasures with random contents from a predetermined list. I have no control over which treasures spawn, only which list I use. If it was possible to change the treasures, surely 140f would have been removed by now. Anyways, I have a completed version of the map. It is attached as .txt because I still cannot attach .xs files for some reason

To play the map, put them in your RM3 folder and rename TheBritish.txt to TheBritish.xs
The map will be called "The Arena" because I was not supplied a name and the box shape of the map made me think of an arena. (For future reference, rectangle maps are incredibly inconvenient to code, but it was really fun.)

If you like this map, please put in the good word for me. You can redistribute the map and change it if you like as well. IE you can put a download link in your signature, assuming that is not against the rules.

Also, if anything doesn't work or needs changing please message me and I will do what I can.

Hey, the map looks great, except there are few minor things i dont like:
-Can you map the sea to have only 3 fish and 1 whale without any additional things on the water? (for example the flies and the ducks which are present on it)
-The top and the bottom of the map take too much space, so can it be halfed while expanding the map?
-4 tradepost and their line make the building placement too awkward. Can you change them to 3 tp's and put them to be in 1 lne (like the one on New England) ?

*Is it possible for the map to have different name than "The Arena" (do you allow this?)

Other than that, the map (hunts, mines, TC spawn compared to the native post, ) is great.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Will change the amount of fish and whales.

I cannot change the "decoration" of the lake without using a different water (ducks, birds, logs, etc) as it is inherent with the "new england lake" water texture. I will check on which texture the new england sea uses and try that.

The map is currently ~320 x ~210 without water (probably close to 440 x 210 with water), a map on the small end of 1v1. For comparison, New England including water is 316 x 316. I can change the size of the rectangle by directly increasing the total map size only IF you want the map to stay a rectangle. If you want a map with rounder corners then I can reduce the size of the cliffs. The map is isometric, so everything is coded at a 45* angle. The maps are *not* rectangular by origin, they are shaped like a rhombus. (rectangle maps are incredibly inconvenient to code, though they are fun)

Here is a picture explaining why the cliffs have to be so big.

Will combine the route into 1 single line, they are currently designed to be like your drawing, except more balanced. (Drawing had 2 routes)

I am not good at naming things, hence "the arena." If you supply me with a name I will change it.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Updated version: 1.1
Changelog
-Split fish up into left and right ponds, now generates 1 whale and 3 fish each.
-Changed water type to "new england coast". This one has a few rocks and waves instead of animals. It should be substantially less annoying. (though it does not have the ring of trees that "new england lake" does.)
-Changed H shaped trade route to a | shape with 3 sockets instead of 4.
-Name changed to "TheBritish's Creatively Named Map"

Permissions were changed so i can now upload .xs :D
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:Updated version: 1.1
Changelog
-Split fish up into left and right ponds, now generates 1 whale and 3 fish each.
-Changed water type to "new england coast". This one has a few rocks and waves instead of animals. It should be substantially less annoying. (though it does not have the ring of trees that "new england lake" does.)
-Changed H shaped trade route to a | shape with 3 sockets instead of 4.
-Name changed to "TheBritish's Creatively Named Map"

Permissions were changed so i can now upload .xs :D

This is what i wanted. :D
Can the map be renamed to Radanje (thats the name of the only place in the world called Radanje and is from my country :mrgreen: )
Also, when the map is loading, can you also add

Natives: Cree/Cherokee
Other than that, its great.

Thanks alot for spending your free time to create map for me. Image
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:This is what i wanted. :D
Can the map be renamed to Radanje (thats the name of the only place in the world called Radanje and is from my country :mrgreen: )

-Name Changed to Radanje from Thebritish's creatively named map
-added "Natives: Cree/Cherokee" on a new line.
Attachments
TheBritish.xs
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
TheBritish.xml
(626 Bytes) Downloaded 95 times
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:

Thank you so much ;)
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Durokan wrote:

Hey Durokan, would you be willing to help me create some maps? Even help me finish one up that's halfway done now.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

yohomes wrote:Hey Durokan, would you be willing to help me create some maps? Even help me finish one up that's halfway done now.

Yea, but I need context for how much work it will be before I commit to anything. I need to know how many map(s) I am committing to. I also need to know the quality of a map, as a really well balanced and good map takes substantially longer than a rough map. (I do like to strive for excellence if possible though) I could also use concept minimaps drawn in MS paint or some other photo image software. Those aren't necessary, but some description is or its no better than me making a map for myself. I am off of school for the next few days so I have a lot of free time to contribute to the community, which I normally do by making custom maps and writing guides. It would be great if you could start a new thread and link it here, as this thread is for thebritish.

For reference the map for TheBritish took tentatively 6 or so hours. I was also not focused 100% because that gets old real fast. Given his map was a pain in the ass to write as it doesn't use the same layout as any other map so it took extra long.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Actually, I will make my own thread for map requests.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4748#top