ESOC Crypto Corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Re: ESOC Crypto Corner

Post by Snuden »

My freaking God there is some crap out there. Whats really funny is to join their telegram and see how people praise the product as if it was the next ESOC or x666.
It becomes even funnier, when it's written by what appear to be a 7 year old.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

New billboard in Omaha:Image
kill me
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Don't take trading advice from me for the next 10 hours, I've had one drink too many.
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Are there any videos that explain why people trade cryptocurrency, what crypto even is, and why I should care? It kind of looks like a worthless non-object, driven only by speculative momentum. But I've never taken the time to really research it, so surely there's a reason people are talking about it so much. I can get pleasant returns in the stock market, so it would be nice to learn about this new virgin market before everything is 'solved.'
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

YouTube.com is your friend.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Amsel_ wrote:Are there any videos that explain why people trade cryptocurrency, what crypto even is, and why I should care? It kind of looks like a worthless non-object, driven only by speculative momentum. But I've never taken the time to really research it, so surely there's a reason people are talking about it so much. I can get pleasant returns in the stock market, so it would be nice to learn about this new virgin market before everything is 'solved.'

It's pretty stupid actually. The technology itself has potential insofar as computers and digital things continue to reign supreme and we don't plunge into some kind of EMP apocalypse

but the creation of tokenized blockchains traded for Fiat currency is kind of out of whack. It's useful for people in third world countries or illegal operators to hide /transfer money, but the excahnges are all wonky as fuck, nothing works right and you risk losing money on technical bullshit alone.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

jgals wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:Are there any videos that explain why people trade cryptocurrency, what crypto even is, and why I should care? It kind of looks like a worthless non-object, driven only by speculative momentum. But I've never taken the time to really research it, so surely there's a reason people are talking about it so much. I can get pleasant returns in the stock market, so it would be nice to learn about this new virgin market before everything is 'solved.'

It's pretty stupid actually. The technology itself has potential insofar as computers and digital things continue to reign supreme and we don't plunge into some kind of EMP apocalypse

but the creation of tokenized blockchains traded for Fiat currency is kind of out of whack. It's useful for people in third world countries or illegal operators to hide /transfer money, but the excahnges are all wonky as fuck, nothing works right and you risk losing money on technical bullshit alone.

That's among the dumbest of the dumbest post on ESOC Crypto Corner and believe me, we have seen A LOT of dumb posts here.
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hi, just a friendly reminder that I'm here. Be respectful to one another please. :flowers:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Cya tomorrow.
The Baphomet out!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@Amsel_ Watch Andreas Antonopoulos on YouTube. Both to learn the tech, and the purpose. He has a ton of both lectures and Q&A.
Pay more attention to detail.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I've heard secret rumors that it's time to temporarily exit the crypto market. Not sure when I'll do it myself—perhaps during this weekend. It's an unfortunate price to exit at considering we were at $10k/BTC just a few days ago, but the past is gone; what matters is now.

I won't give details and neither do I know whether there is any shred of truth to the rumors. Just a tip.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I hope I won't be too late. Fuck.

Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Snuden wrote:
jgals wrote:

That's among the dumbest of the dumbest post on ESOC Crypto Corner and believe me, we have seen A LOT of dumb posts here.

I've been in crypto before the deceber boom and in and out since so i'm not saying its worthless as a speculative investment, but you are basically just like any of the people on cryptocompare posting nonsensical comments like "to the moon!!!" "lambos!" and saying that anyone who says otherwise is just FUD. LOL. Crypto is bogas for the most part. Even if it is adopted by the masses it will likely be one that doesn't even exist yet 20 years from now and all the ones you have will be worthless. If you want to trade on humanity's stupidity then fine. THat's what I've been doing to make money lately. But don't ever believe the lie. Or you will find yourself broke fast.

And if you are gonna go off on the antigovernment net nuetrality YTcracker BS just stop. There is no way you are going to get the masses to go around the NSA using any kind of crypto unless it uses true P2P whihc you will not get the masses to do. THey use intermediary exchanges which can all be raided, shut down, and BTW in case you havent noticed that happens regularly and the market gets raped every time it does. and That shows you how weak the hands that hold are, and by extension how frail and ephermeral the market
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

like just see if you can convince anyone who is not an engineer to even download Bisq, and then actually be able to figure out how to make a trade using it (if there are even any trades available to take LOL)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Ok I've never seen anything shadier than this. This shit is crazy af

1) BitMEX goes under maintenance
2) BTC price crashes
3) BitMEX comes back from maintenance with the old orderbook still live (as far as I could tell) and countless people get subsequently utterly REKT
4) BTC price jumps up
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Gendarme wrote:Ok I've never seen anything shadier than this. This shit is crazy af

1) BitMEX goes under maintenance
2) BTC price crashes
3) BitMEX comes back from maintenance with the old orderbook still live (as far as I could tell) and countless people get subsequently utterly REKT
4) BTC price jumps up

bitcoin is basically free money for institutional investors. maybe that's the greatest fallacy of it all. Why? because all the stuff they cant do to move the price of other securities they are allowed to do with bitcoin. Maniupulating the market is perfectly legal because it is not a security and thus not subject to SEC guidelins. Its asctually so easy its wrong and most institutions wont touch it, at least not publically. But there areprivate whales that do the same thing especially with altcoins. just like penny stock promoters
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Snuden wrote:
jgals wrote:

What? I thought all of what he said was common knowledge.
Digital currency has a long way to go.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Gendarme wrote:I've heard secret rumors that it's time to temporarily exit the crypto market. Not sure when I'll do it myself—perhaps during this weekend. It's an unfortunate price to exit at considering we were at $10k/BTC just a few days ago, but the past is gone; what matters is now.

I won't give details and neither do I know whether there is any shred of truth to the rumors. Just a tip.
You're an insider now? :hmm:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Not yet! ;)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Elaborate
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Nothing to elaborate lol. The goal is to get insider knowledge, but I am not there yet although working on it slowly. Crypto is a wilderness.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Maybe you should just buy something you believe in and not look back, lest it eat up all your free time. Day trading, if profitable at all, will only get you peanuts anyway compared to simply holding for 5 years. That is, if crypto will really be as big as you seem to think.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Perhaps I haven't mentioned it ITT, but I intend to completely submerge myself into the world of crypto for the forseeable future. It is going to be my life rather than merely investing.

I ordered a Ledger btw. Will arrive any day now! #hypeuuuuu
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

:hmm: Okay then. Remember life is short..
What do you intend to do?