No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

15 May 2018, 08:57

I had to disable my anti virus completely to install the ESOC Patch. In addition to that every update of the patch gets blocked automatically and I always have to disable it to do the the update. Moreover entering this webpage is blocked as well because the antivirus says there is some sort of troyan gen 2 in the esoc patch. Since the esoc patch is downloaded from this page I always have to click "navigate to the site anyway". It does this everytime when I load a new page.
I appreciate the work y'all put into the patch and I don't think that you guys are spying on us or w/e, but I am curious what causes my anti virus to think the patch is a virus.
Armenia Sargsyan
Lancer
ESO: Sargsyan
GameRanger Id: 2106182

15 May 2018, 11:19

Its ok mine also acted like that when i first installed the patch
"oh God what is your problem now? You can't poop?" - QueenOfDestiny
"I see you are new here. Welcome, friend!" - umeu
France Rikikipu
ESOC Dev Team
ESO: p-of

15 May 2018, 11:51

The only true virus you have is Windows
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925
GameRanger Id: 451878

15 May 2018, 12:24

Yes, anti-viruses really don't like the EP. The anti-cheat features must inject additional code into the AoE3 process to aid in detecting and preventing cheaters, and this code is rather similar to what a lot malware does (injecting code into a "good" process to avoid detection).

Plus, anti-virus software isn't too friendly to executable files downloaded from unknown sources on the internet by a relatively small number of users.
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

15 May 2018, 13:27

musketeer925 wrote:Yes, anti-viruses really don't like the EP. The anti-cheat features must inject additional code into the AoE3 process to aid in detecting and preventing cheaters, and this code is rather similar to what a lot malware does (injecting code into a "good" process to avoid detection).

Plus, anti-virus software isn't too friendly to executable files downloaded from unknown sources on the internet by a relatively small number of users.

Aight, thx for the reply
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
ESO: EAGLEMUT

15 May 2018, 15:06

Fun fact; even AoE1:DE, officially released by Microsoft, is commonly detected as a virus by AV software. Source: https://www.ageofempires.com/support/

Forum Info

Return to “Tech Support”