Error 101 - Windows 10 (I've read FAQ)

Great Britain Brother Hood
Crossbow

Error 101 - Windows 10 (I've read FAQ)

Post by Brother Hood »

Hi,

I have reinstalled Age of Empires 3 after about 9 years and can't remember my Username or Password to play online. I tried to make a new account but I get an Error 101 message. So then I tried to recover my old account via the website. When I try going on the website and click forgot username and I enter the CD Key, Product ID, and type in the "characters you see below", it says no account exists with that product ID. I've tried emailing ESO support and Microsoft support but neither of their e-mail addresses seem to work ([email protected]) ([email protected]).

I've read the FAQ here but not found a solution. I've tried downloading some scripts to re-enter my CD-Key but that didn't work either which was one of the methods suggested here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/105450/d ... 140797834/

I would really quite like to play online again as that was one of the main reasons of reinstalling the game after so long. Any help in recovering my old account or creating a new account would be greatly appreciated.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Error 101 - Windows 10 (I've read FAQ)

Post by edeholland »

Hi, I don't know the answer to your question (tagging @EAGLEMUT for that) but there will be another Steam sale soon where you should be able to buy a copy of Age of Empires 3 Complete Edition for under 10 bucks.
Crossbow

Post by Brother Hood »

Thanks, I only paid £2.70 ($3.60 USD) when I first picked it up. So I wouldn't really want to be paying for it again in 2018. I'll see if anybody can come up with a solution :smile:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hi, have you reinstalled the game from the same original CD you've used before, when you made your account years ago?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Brother Hood wrote:Thanks, I only paid £2.70 ($3.60 USD) when I first picked it up. So I wouldn't really want to be paying for it again in 2018. I'll see if anybody can come up with a solution :smile:

Even if no one comes up with any solution. There are plenty of people with multiple accounts and I'm sure they can give one to you :flowers:
Crossbow

Post by Brother Hood »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Hi, have you reinstalled the game from the same original CD you've used before, when you made your account years ago?

Yes this is the same original CD I used when I installed the game in the first place. I still have my receipt too!
Crossbow

Post by Brother Hood »

Ashvin wrote:
Brother Hood wrote:Thanks, I only paid £2.70 ($3.60 USD) when I first picked it up. So I wouldn't really want to be paying for it again in 2018. I'll see if anybody can come up with a solution :smile:

Even if no one comes up with any solution. There are plenty of people with multiple accounts and I'm sure they can give one to you :flowers:

That would be pretty nice of someone. But really there shouldn't be an issue to get online for a legitimate AoE3 game.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Brother Hood wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Hi, have you reinstalled the game from the same original CD you've used before, when you made your account years ago?

Yes this is the same original CD I used when I installed the game in the first place. I still have my receipt too!

Hmm, then I think the recovery tool should work in theory. Let's make sure you are entering the right thing into Product ID field.
You are supposed to open the base game without expansions, go Help and Tools -> About and use the string you see down there next to "Product ID". Is that what you did? Try to double check that you entered the numbers correctly and you didn't confuse 7 with 1, for example.
Crossbow

Post by Brother Hood »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Brother Hood wrote:

Hmm, then I think the recovery tool should work in theory. Let's make sure you are entering the right thing into Product ID field.
You are supposed to open the base game without expansions, go Help and Tools -> About and use the string you see down there next to "Product ID". Is that what you did? Try to double check that you entered the numbers correctly and you didn't confuse 7 with 1, for example.

**PROBLEM SOLVED!!**

I had entered the CD Key in wrong but I had the Product ID right. However it was saying there was no account with that Product ID even though that was correct and the CD Key was wrong. So the sign that came up was wrong and send me in the wrong direction trying to correct the Product ID, and it was a silly mistake on my part entering the CD Key wrong in the first place! Anyway I've got my Username now and I remembered my Password, so thankfully I'm back in and ready to conquer!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :P

Thanks guys! :smile:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

That's great to hear!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Brother Hood wrote:Thanks, I only paid £2.70 ($3.60 USD) when I first picked it up.

How was that possible 9 years ago? :huh: Do you even have TAD then?
Crossbow

Post by Brother Hood »

edeholland wrote:
Brother Hood wrote:Thanks, I only paid £2.70 ($3.60 USD) when I first picked it up.

How was that possible 9 years ago? :huh: Do you even have TAD then?

Just the original game.
Attachments
IMG_20180614_203511.jpg