Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

13 Jul 2018, 16:12

Hello everyone, as very few of you might know, I am the lead developer of the large team that brought you the Spectator UI Mod for AoE3, striving to make your experience as a caster/viewer as engaging as possible. This project took several years to arrive at its current state, requiring countless hours of research and development, the creation of cutting edge techniques, and the enlistment of numerous volunteers and freelancers to assist with polishing the product.

It's been a few years since the last official update to the UI mod. The product has consistently shown high sales over the years despite a challenging economic climate and high market volatility, so the team has so far been content to just sit back and enjoy their hard-earned monetary gains.

However, in view of the growing number of alternatives to the Spectator UI Mod for AoE3 that have been developed and released by rival teams over time, it has come to our attention that in order to stay well ahead of the competition, it has become a must to update our product in accordance with the ever-increasing standards of quality that the consumers of 2018 have come to expect from those highly paid professionals who continue to work on developing for this hugely popular and thriving game.

You know it's a tough industry to work in when the most scathing reviews come from foreign critics who barely even play the game.

Anyway, I am pleased to officially announce that the team will finally be resuming development.

Now for the unimportant stuff. As the lead developer, I thought it might be good to start a discussion on what people might like to see in UI 2.3, for its tentative release some time this year. Post any suggestions, bugs you noticed in UI 2.2 (actually 2.1) etc, and I'll update this post appropriately. Note that having something listed does not necessarily mean it will make it to final release.

The list below is for suggestions only.

Features:
-

Bugfixes:
-

Too time consuming:
- Making the UI work for additional resolutions.

Impossible:
-

Possible but pointless:
-

?????????
- Bot that attempts to cast the game for you
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

13 Jul 2018, 16:13

Completed:
- Unit tactic viewer for firepits, wonders etc. (has been integrated with unit stats viewer in bottom right)
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Musketeer
Posts: 51
Location: United Kingdom

13 Jul 2018, 16:36

Add another 'view' where it shows the combination of 'techs being researched, techs already researched and shipments sent'. This will be useful to see for example, player A sends 700w and then spends it on these techs or this person is researching vet huss, he may be sending 5 huss as next card and seeing how these factors relate to each other.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Musketeer
Posts: 51
Location: United Kingdom

13 Jul 2018, 16:42

have an extra pop up window near to the option for the recalculated eco, where it shows current gather rate for food sources. This would be useful for longer games judging states of eco for example: Player A is on mills with both tech up grades and refrigeration so mill is gather rate (per vill, no need for total food/sec for all gathering vills) is 1.5 food/sec, however player B is fishing with just gill nets but has rendering plant and the fish market cards so his boats gather at 1.8 food/sec.
The UI would show a hunt icon then a number, wood, coin, mill, plantation, fish, whale (as these are variable and the other income sources in the game are static)

*note numbers quoted are for example and are not correct
User avatar
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
Posts: 147
ESO: guyshir
Location: Chicago

13 Jul 2018, 17:19

some of the infinite shipments come only once in the shipment sent tab, but which have been continuously shipped. (talking about treaty)
example:
1 HC comes only once while the player has shipped multiple times.
while,
10 musk for port is shown all the times it is send, so is with 10 rod for spain.

I am not sure what happens to infinite 300 crate tho.
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

13 Jul 2018, 17:41

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Add another 'view' where it shows the combination of 'techs being researched, techs already researched and shipments sent'

Possible, though may take a lot of time to do.

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:current gather rate for food sources

The option to show resources per second is already present in UI 2.1 via the console command resincome(), though I am working on getting this info into the top bar as an extra option (unseparated for total resources only). Adding an extra drag-and-droppable UI to do this is unfortunately not possible.

guyshir wrote:1 HC comes only once while the player has shipped multiple times.

That's because that card is unique to treaty patch so there is no hardcoded logic to deal with that infinite shipment. Currently the focus is on RE and EP fixes only.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 5854
ESO: Garja

13 Jul 2018, 17:49

Add a counter for resource loss due to vill idle time?
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

13 Jul 2018, 18:03

Garja wrote:Add a counter for resource loss due to vill idle time?

There isn't really an objective way of determining this - how do you know if a villager would have been gathering a fast resource like food, or a slower resource like wood, for example.
User avatar
France Rikikipu
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 1490
ESO: p-of
Location: In your base

13 Jul 2018, 18:07

Maybe just having a Villager second counter for idle time then ? Seems an intersting feature.
By the way, happy to see you back developing this awesome UI ! :flowers:
User avatar
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
Posts: 147
ESO: guyshir
Location: Chicago

13 Jul 2018, 18:12

Aizamk wrote:
guyshir wrote:1 HC comes only once while the player has shipped multiple times.

That's because that card is unique to treaty patch so there is no hardcoded logic to deal with that infinite shipment. Currently the focus is on RE and EP fixes only.

This is a card on RE too. TP just added the cost to shipping hc and removed free uhlans. On RE it is 1 hc + 4 uhlans infinite.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
Posts: 5380
Location: Paris
GameRanger Id: 5529322

13 Jul 2018, 18:19

Some infinite shipments show only once on the ui, some show accurately, not sure why
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
User avatar
France Kynesie
Dragoon
EWT
Posts: 231
ESO: kynesie

13 Jul 2018, 18:43

View excluding each others isn t optimal. You always want to see shipment sent for example . An opportunity to see more information (information of different types) would be welcome.
Anything about lag ? i m not sure but seems UI obs game lag a lot more than normal game. Is it because there is 3 or 4 player instead of 2, UI maps or UI obs ? i m not sure , maybe a little bit of everything, but in tourney stream, i see a lot of players complain about lag :/
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger
Posts: 4359

13 Jul 2018, 19:15

yea it seems to cause lag or maybe its recorded game
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

13 Jul 2018, 19:46

guyshir wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
guyshir wrote:1 HC comes only once while the player has shipped multiple times.

That's because that card is unique to treaty patch so there is no hardcoded logic to deal with that infinite shipment. Currently the focus is on RE and EP fixes only.

This is a card on RE too. TP just added the cost to shipping hc and removed free uhlans. On RE it is 1 hc + 4 uhlans infinite.

The UI detects infinite shipments by taking the difference of two checksums right before the shipment is sent and right after the shipment is sent. The checksum is based on units on the field. By removing the 4 uhlans, that checksum is changed and the code no longer recognizes it as the same card.

Kynesie wrote:Anything about lag ? i m not sure but seems UI obs game lag a lot more than normal game. Is it because there is 3 or 4 player instead of 2, UI maps or UI obs ? i m not sure , maybe a little bit of everything, but in tourney stream, i see a lot of players complain about lag :/

Any additional lag should depend entirely on the PCs of casters, as in the vast majority of situations, aside from a few initial calculations at the start of the game and something to detect when the game should end, nothing is run player-side.
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 2169
ESO: n0eL

13 Jul 2018, 19:51

UI somehow scales the replay speed so that it runs at a normal rate rather than based on how fast your computer processes.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 5854
ESO: Garja

13 Jul 2018, 20:45

Ye vill seconds lost due to idle time
User avatar
United States of America Hidddy_
Dragoon
Posts: 340
ESO: Hidalgito
Location: Miami, Florida, USA

13 Jul 2018, 20:58

Idk if seeing someone's view lock in real time is possible but that would be awesome. Also if you could toggle the fog of war for only 1 player/team at a time, that'd be neat. Thanks for all the hard work on this, it's already a great tool as is
Jesus3 is my moral compass
Marco1698 :love:
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

14 Jul 2018, 05:17

Garja wrote:Ye vill seconds lost due to idle time

Would you count villagers walking across the map as idle?

Hidddy_ wrote:Idk if seeing someone's view lock in real time is possible but that would be awesome. Also if you could toggle the fog of war for only 1 player/team at a time, that'd be neat. Thanks for all the hard work on this, it's already a great tool as is

View locking someone would require a lot of calculations player side, so I will probably be avoiding that. However, I am attempting to implement an alternative feature.

Fog of war for only one team from the start of the game is possible, but making it toggle-able between teams has been shown to cause OOS.
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2730
ESO: edeholland
Location: Not ede
GameRanger Id: 4053888

14 Jul 2018, 09:13

I would say villagers walking accross the map is definitely idle, because it indicates that one player might have to walk very far (because he didn't herd) and the other player doesn't (because he did herd). Not sure if this statistic would be interesting though, since the numbers are going to be quite large and may eventually be meaningless.
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---
In the beginning ESOC was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 5854
ESO: Garja

14 Jul 2018, 09:51

Aizamk wrote:
Garja wrote:Ye vill seconds lost due to idle time

Would you count villagers walking across the map as idle?

I would, or at least I would be interested in knowing how many vs are lost due to walking time. Can be an interesting information in mirror scenarios for player'sefficiency but also a way to compare different civ efficiency (e.g. Japan with Brits).
However I'm not sure the 2 statistic should be mixed, nor if it is possible/practical to calculate walking time.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
Posts: 5380
Location: Paris
GameRanger Id: 5529322

14 Jul 2018, 12:39

Aizamk wrote:Fog of war for only one team from the start of the game is possible, but making it toggle-able between teams has been shown to cause OOS.

Wasn't this possible on your vanilla "obz" maps though ?
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 820

14 Jul 2018, 13:49

Garja wrote:However I'm not sure the 2 statistic should be mixed, nor if it is possible/practical to calculate walking time.

I think there is a way to do it, but will have to test.

Kaiserklein wrote:
Aizamk wrote:Fog of war for only one team from the start of the game is possible, but making it toggle-able between teams has been shown to cause OOS.

Wasn't this possible on your vanilla "obz" maps though ?

Yes, and those would always go OOS at around 10-15 minutes.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
Posts: 5380
Location: Paris
GameRanger Id: 5529322

14 Jul 2018, 15:16

Hmm ok, that's weird I don't remember that ever happening to me, and I obsed a ton of games on nilla
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 3963

14 Jul 2018, 15:25

Garja wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
Garja wrote:Ye vill seconds lost due to idle time

Would you count villagers walking across the map as idle?

I would, or at least I would be interested in knowing how many vs are lost due to walking time. Can be an interesting information in mirror scenarios for player'sefficiency but also a way to compare different civ efficiency (e.g. Japan with Brits).
However I'm not sure the 2 statistic should be mixed, nor if it is possible/practical to calculate walking time.

I think it would be very interested for the exact reasons you say. I have been thinking for a long time to make some experiments where I try to herd very well and micro vills even on the 3rd, 4th, 5th hunt to see how many res we are missing out on by not herding those as close as possible.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag aqwer
Musketeer
Posts: 78

14 Jul 2018, 15:34

@Aizamk
Is there any way that I can use this UI for "Unknown" map, and after that I can regenerate the same map or tweek some things i.e crates, tps, or tile set etc.

Forum Info

Return to “User-created Content”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests