Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT

14 Jan 2019, 03:40

musketeer925 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:How did you go about doing this? I assume you didn't manually edit every card...

Well, not by hand... I wrote a little script in python to iterate over all card techs and copy paste all their effects one more time.

Ah okay, I wondered if you were doubling numbers, but this makes sense. Modifying the numbers on ResourceExchange effects would probably make more sense, e.g., on HCXPFurTrade making it a 1.50 instead of 1.25 multiplier, as having the effect duplicated does nothing. Similarly, anything that using an "Assign" data modifier (see HCXPNationalUnity, HCMercenaryLoyalty, HCMosqueConstruction, HCCheapMarketsTeam, HCCheapDocksTeam, HCXPWarChiefAztec2, HCXPOldWaysIroquois, others...) may behave in a more logically "doubled" way by modifying the numbers.

I've fixed all of those issues with a single line!
EAGLEMUT wrote:(where applicable)

:P
There will definitely be cards that don't make full use of this bonus while they could with a little reimagination. However, for the purpose of a one-time fun event, the current implementation seems sufficient. So far I haven't touched anything manually, although I'm not ruling out possible tweaks, given that something is found to be a gamebreaking issue or we're missing out on some interesting combo. I'm also a bit wary of that since manually fixing one card could make the whole thing appear more inconsistent in a way. Things like enabling an action or setting some cost to a specific absolute value will consistently effectively not be doubled right now, and it should be quite apparent from the detailed card descriptions in-game.
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925
GameRanger ID: 451878

14 Jan 2019, 04:47

Of course the enables can't be doubled, but many of the "assign" cards simply say "reduce the costs of" in the description, and Assign has been used to pick a specific cost, even though it could have just as easily been coded with a 0.67% base percent effect, so it might seem weird to players that some cards that reduce costs of things (e.g., Thoroughbreds) do apply twice, yet others such as those I listed above do not. However the cards in question aren't too common anyway, so it's probably not particularly important.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888

14 Jan 2019, 08:32

musketeer925 wrote:Of course the enables can't be doubled, but many of the "assign" cards simply say "reduce the costs of" in the description, and Assign has been used to pick a specific cost, even though it could have just as easily been coded with a 0.67% base percent effect, so it might seem weird to players that some cards that reduce costs of things (e.g., Thoroughbreds) do apply twice, yet others such as those I listed above do not. However the cards in question aren't too common anyway, so it's probably not particularly important.
Would be good to know if cards that reduce building costs or building time by 50% or more are doubled. Free, instant buildings would be quite a strong way to farm XP.
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---

Jan Siegel wrote:What PR is @XeeleeFlower?
CometK wrote:pr21, but her brother is pr36 (goodspeed)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

14 Jan 2019, 11:45

Indeed — could you briefly tell us what kind of shipments are likely not to be affected? :?
Le lion ne s'associe pas avec le cafard ! :food: :pop:
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

14 Jan 2019, 14:15

If you have the detailed descriptions on, you can tell there. If it shows a percent change, it will apply twice, but if it shows "Sets cost to...", then it will not have any doubled effect.

Canada dansil92
Skirmisher
ESO: dansil92

14 Jan 2019, 16:10

musketeer925 wrote:If you have the detailed descriptions on, you can tell there. If it shows a percent change, it will apply twice, but if it shows "Sets cost to...", then it will not have any doubled effect.

- wont build limits be a problem potentially? Factories have a build limit of 2 iirc and same with if you ship 2 fort wagons but can only build 1?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

14 Jan 2019, 16:39

dansil92 wrote:- wont build limits be a problem potentially? Factories have a build limit of 2 iirc and same with if you ship 2 fort wagons but can only build 1?

Factories don't have a build limit, for fort there are different cards - some do increase the build limit, some don't.
Canada dansil92
Skirmisher

14 Jan 2019, 18:33

EAGLEMUT wrote:
dansil92 wrote:- wont build limits be a problem potentially? Factories have a build limit of 2 iirc and same with if you ship 2 fort wagons but can only build 1?

Factories don't have a build limit, for fort there are different cards - some do increase the build limit, some don't.

Sorry to spam with questions but aztec can get free fishing ships and all canoes & russia can get free instant training priests, correct?

Who is playing this smackdown?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

14 Jan 2019, 18:49

dansil92 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Sorry to spam with questions but aztec can get free fishing ships and all canoes & russia can get free instant training priests, correct?

Who is playing this smackdown?

Lets hope its not aizamk. His experience with priest rushes gives him an unfair advantage.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888

14 Jan 2019, 18:58

Yes, priests can be spammed instantly and without cost. Fishing boats may become free, but honestly I am not sure if that's even significant in this ridiculous game mode. Instant walls (without even walking to the foundation) seems like a much bigger problem.
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---

Jan Siegel wrote:What PR is @XeeleeFlower?
CometK wrote:pr21, but her brother is pr36 (goodspeed)
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

14 Jan 2019, 19:05

I can imagine 'Advanced Mill' being problematic if it gives the 50% reduction twice. Someone should check the file to check.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

14 Jan 2019, 19:49

The way those effects stack, you actually get a 100w mill.
Canada dansil92
Skirmisher

14 Jan 2019, 21:08

edeholland wrote:Yes, priests can be spammed instantly and without cost. Fishing boats may become free, but honestly I am not sure if that's even significant in this ridiculous game mode. Instant walls (without even walking to the foundation) seems like a much bigger problem.

Thanks @edeholland
Lol build enough houses for 200 pop ship cheap priests, delete all but one vil just in case and spam instant free priests with boyars @30% 18 coss & 26 strel. Instant walls for brits with nearly free manors and india getting 2 vills every shipment and 60% camel atrack...
Goodbye balance hello chaos
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

14 Jan 2019, 22:31

In short, I am excited for this smackdown

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”