This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6290

09 Jan 2019, 19:17

it is 666 or is it 668 days to the general election in the USA.
Bernie Sanders has whispered in somebodies ear, and that somebody has whispered in somebody else ear, etc etc, and now I heard it too :love: He is running (I think;)

Whispering of a dream

One thing that convinces me of this, is the mainstream media smear campaigns the recent two weeks. I welcome their smears, cos this way he at least is mentioned by the big news outlets, and cable news.

I know, I KNOW, it is way to early, cos he has not announced that he is a candidate, YET.

If the birds whisper in my ear is wrong though, I will be disappointed. But there are several other good candidates from the left side of Democratic party, like Elisabeth Warren who has announced that she will probably run. We also have Tulsi Gabbard and Nina Turner, but I am not sure if they are considering it?
If Sanders will be the next Potus, I am pretty sure all of them will be in his administration, and visa versa.

What the main stream media try to tell us, is that Joe Biden is a super good candidate. They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;) ) there is also Camala Harris, who could be a decent candidate, Im unsure :huh:

What is for sure though, is that we cannot have another 4 years of Trump or any of GOP candidates. I heard the news today, that USA carbon emission has gone up 3,4% during 2018. That is the highest hike for the past 20 years! Crazy stuff :cry:

Thoughts bois n girls :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10003
ESO: Pezet
Location: Poland

09 Jan 2019, 19:58

no :flowers:
Ars longa, vita brevis :unsure:
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Jaeger
Posts: 4635
Location: aka Neuron

09 Jan 2019, 20:20

somebody has whispered in somebody else ear

Image
ok.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

09 Jan 2019, 21:49

Bernie is not polling very well, and Elizabeth Warren already announcing means she will likely take away even more support from him.

iwillspankyou wrote:it They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;)


Bernie couldn't even beat Hillary who couldn't even beat Trump
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2633
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

09 Jan 2019, 22:40

This guy will be re elected
Image
#trainableSpahi
Image
And again teach us how to play big guru big leader biggest armenian pennis. - 4fr33dom
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6290

09 Jan 2019, 23:03

fightinfrenchman wrote:Bernie is not polling very well, and Elizabeth Warren already announcing means she will likely take away even more support from him.

iwillspankyou wrote:it They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;)


Bernie couldn't even beat Hillary who couldn't even beat Trump

He would this time though, cos now everybody actually know him, and the mainstream media cannot smear him enough ;) Last time, they hardly mentioned him. But they gave Trump billions in free publicity though.
Anyway. this is just a teaser, but I am pretty sure he will run. Will you support him @fightinfrenchman ? If not, why not :shock:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6290

09 Jan 2019, 23:07

Sargsyan wrote:This guy will be re elected
Image

I cannot help wondering, if the 800 000 ppl that receive no pay, will support the Clown? How about their spouses and close family? Will they think its a good idea to let their relatives go without any paycheck? Trump seems to think they will all support him, but then again, he lives in his own fantasy land :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2633
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

09 Jan 2019, 23:26

Dude have you seen his fb likes ¿ hes probably going to be re-elected!!
I saw no angry reacts on his posts
#trainableSpahi
Image
And again teach us how to play big guru big leader biggest armenian pennis. - 4fr33dom
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

09 Jan 2019, 23:39

I needed some data from the NIST material database, run by the government of the USA. But retard trump wants to build a wall so he didn't fix his shit and now all US government is down and I can't do what I wanted to do. I didn't realize the election of Trump would affect me directly like this. I hope Murica gets its shit straight and stops ruining my life with their bad votes.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Jan 2019, 04:00

iwillspankyou wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Bernie is not polling very well, and Elizabeth Warren already announcing means she will likely take away even more support from him.

iwillspankyou wrote:it They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;)


Bernie couldn't even beat Hillary who couldn't even beat Trump

He would this time though, cos now everybody actually know him, and the mainstream media cannot smear him enough ;) Last time, they hardly mentioned him. But they gave Trump billions in free publicity though.
Anyway. this is just a teaser, but I am pretty sure he will run. Will you support him @fightinfrenchman ? If not, why not :shock:


Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6290

10 Jan 2019, 10:03

@fightinfrenchman writes:
Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries, I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.


Who would you support then? Who have better policies, if any? The debate in USA are mostly about the candidate's appearances and personality, but very little about actual policy. Sanders is the exception, and that is why he is popular.

Why do you say he is an egomanical asshole? Is that your personal view, and what do you base it on?

About his age. He is one year older than Biden, and we NEVER hear that Biden is too old in mainstream media. It was also the argument when he ran in 2016, and at that time he was younger than Biden :?: Do you not think this is kind of odd, that the only thing they can hammer Sanders with is his age? Btw Sanders has been touring the country up and down, during the midterm election, like a Duracell Rabitt. I would like to see anyone, including much younger ppl, display the energy and commitment he has.

Sanders is not polling very well YOU CLAIM. Based on what exactly? Maybe you have other sources of info that I have?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ll-770632/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243539/ame ... nders.aspx
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 312541002/

in other polls the picture are more mixed, BUT Sanders is always among the leading candidates.
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 348677002/

So please, mr @fightinfrenchman I would want you too give some evidence for your claims, cos that would elevate our discourse big time. :idea:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10003
ESO: Pezet
Location: Poland

10 Jan 2019, 12:01

agreed, Clinton would beat Trump today all day long!!! so maybe Clinton for Potus 2020? #IStandWithBill
Ars longa, vita brevis :unsure:
User avatar
Great Britain Horsemen
Howdah
Posts: 1042

10 Jan 2019, 12:07

Sanders is an old man. Even if they elect him he will be dead before the end of his first term.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6290

10 Jan 2019, 12:39

Mr_Bramboy wrote:there she goes again

#redwave2020


:P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Jan 2019, 14:35

@iwillspankyou I will PM you a response later when I have time to write it since this thread is already a lost cause
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
No Flag Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 2213
Location: in my helmet

10 Jan 2019, 15:12

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:This guy will be re elected
Image

I cannot help wondering, if the 800 000 ppl that receive no pay, will support the Clown? How about their spouses and close family? Will they think its a good idea to let their relatives go without any paycheck? Trump seems to think they will all support him, but then again, he lives in his own fantasy land :P


Those 800 000 are true patriots and they will do whatever it takes to realize the Wall. Like a majority of those American citizens who voted to elect President Donald J Trump, we voted for him to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.

As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.

I have grandparents who immigrated to America legally, they did it the correct way and it's time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT!It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.

“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this.

Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victor. They'd rather see President Trump fail, than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.

This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens. This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!
phpBB [video]
Hey fellas.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

10 Jan 2019, 22:06

Wall-e
User avatar
Mexico n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 4390
ESO: n0eL

10 Jan 2019, 22:17

fightinfrenchman wrote:@iwillspankyou I will PM you a response later when I have time to write it since this thread is already a lost cause

how about we just make this a legit thread?
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
User avatar
Mexico n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 4390
ESO: n0eL

10 Jan 2019, 22:19

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.

He is polling worse because the polls are congested and Biden takes 35% in all of them. He has the same support as before, but more importantly, he has the ability to energize the base and that is the only thing that matters. I agree, age is a big factor against him...as well as now with Warren running, that will split off some of his support. Regardless, if he runs, he has the best policies and I would probably support him inthe primaries.
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Jan 2019, 22:22

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.

He is polling worse because the polls are congested and Biden takes 35% in all of them. He has the same support as before, but more importantly, he has the ability to energize the base and that is the only thing that matters. I agree, age is a big factor against him...as well as now with Warren running, that will split off some of his support. Regardless, if he runs, he has the best policies and I would probably support him inthe primaries.


Okay when I get the chance I will make my actual rebuttal to all the points. However I will say that you shouldn't support him in the Democratic primaries for at least one reason, that being that he isn't even a Democrat
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
Mexico n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 4390
ESO: n0eL

10 Jan 2019, 22:26

What does that have to do wth anything?
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Jan 2019, 22:27

n0el wrote:What does that have to do wth anything?


The primary determines who the party nominates to be their candidate, and he isn't a member of the party
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
Mexico n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 4390
ESO: n0eL

10 Jan 2019, 22:34

By running for the nomination, it means he is a member of the party.
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Jan 2019, 22:40

n0el wrote:By running for the nomination, it means he is a member of the party.


He is not currently a member of the Democratic party despite running for the nomination in 2016.
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 11098
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Jan 2019, 22:45

iwillspankyou wrote:Who would you support then? Who have better policies, if any? The debate in USA are mostly about the candidate's appearances and personality, but very little about actual policy. Sanders is the exception, and that is why he is popular.


The debate is often about apperance and personality because those things impact electability.

iwillspankyou wrote:Why do you say he is an egomanical asshole? Is that your personal view, and what do you base it on?


Yes, this is my stating my personal opinion on him. The way he ran his 2016 campaign is what has convinced me of this; I think he did unnecessary damage to Clinton's reputation among his supporters which contributed to not enough people turning out to vote in 2016, leading to Trump's victory. I also think the fact that he is still an Independent rather than a member of the Democratic party is arrogant.

iwillspankyou wrote:About his age. He is one year older than Biden, and we NEVER hear that Biden is too old in mainstream media. It was also the argument when he ran in 2016, and at that time he was younger than Biden :?: Do you not think this is kind of odd, that the only thing they can hammer Sanders with is his age? Btw Sanders has been touring the country up and down, during the midterm election, like a Duracell Rabitt. I would like to see anyone, including much younger ppl, display the energy and commitment he has.


I don't really watch the news so I'm not sure about mentions about age in the mainstream media. Personally, I don't think old age is necessarily something that would make me not support a candidate, but it is something that makes me less likely to support Biden and also Sanders, regardless of their energy. That being said, Nancy Pelosi is 78 years old and I would love if she was president. The age argument has nothing to do with their ability to lead for me, so however much energy he has is irrelevant; to me, it's solely about electability.

iwillspankyou wrote:Sanders is not polling very well YOU CLAIM. Based on what exactly? Maybe you have other sources of info that I have?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ll-770632/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243539/ame ... nders.aspx
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 312541002/

in other polls the picture are more mixed, BUT Sanders is always among the leading candidates.
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 348677002/

So please, mr @fightinfrenchman I would want you too give some evidence for your claims, cos that would elevate our discourse big time. :idea:


Image

There's nothing to indicate he could beat Joe Biden. I'm not even making the argument that Joe Biden could beat Trump, but Bernie couldn't even beat historically unpopular Hillary, so I don't see how he could beat Biden, or a newcomer who is going to gain in name recognition over the next several months.
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests