US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Biden supports the Iran Deal, Trump doesn't and pulled out of it. They are clearly different in this area

true, but what policies would you vote for :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

What?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

hard to say what you are for, I get it ;) But I am online now, come join
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you are not here, I though we could make a good team ;)
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Lets juts hope that if US goes to war with Iran, it wont be their graveyard.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@spanky4ever I'm always on ESOC, even in my dreams
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@spanky4ever I'm always on ESOC, even in my dreams

I am rarely on esoc, its not secret, but I was online for a little while,hoping to kick your ass :P
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:P c you when I c you frenshy
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I'm not sure why you think we're on opposite sides on this issue
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I'm not sure why you think we're on opposite sides on this issue

on some topics we are on the same page, but on other we are not :!:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

We're gonna build a wall, and Kynesie is gonna pay for it
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Amsel_ wrote: If you look into Senator Warren, she's surprisingly aware of the social-issues around the impoverished and the middle-class. Much more aware than Senator Sanders, who is basically just bribing millenials.

I do like some of what you write here, but this statement is pretty stupid imo. Bernie Sanders has more or less had the same message since the 70s. :!:
If Millenials finally feel they have a candidate that they feel understand the issues young ppl go through, and will participate in the election (for a change), I think that is a good thing.

It's pretty easy to think someone "understands" your problems when he's offering you tens of thousands of dollars if you vote for him.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Amsel_ wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Amsel_ wrote: If you look into Senator Warren, she's surprisingly aware of the social-issues around the impoverished and the middle-class. Much more aware than Senator Sanders, who is basically just bribing millenials.

I do like some of what you write here, but this statement is pretty stupid imo. Bernie Sanders has more or less had the same message since the 70s. :!:
If Millenials finally feel they have a candidate that they feel understand the issues young ppl go through, and will participate in the election (for a change), I think that is a good thing.

It's pretty easy to think someone "understands" your problems when he's offering you tens of thousands of dollars if you vote for him.

I did not understand what your message was about here, could you elaborate/explain it for the dumb asses (like myself) :P
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I fail to see what it matters what someone believed in 1970. What matters is how they'll vote today and for the president most importantly, what kind of justice will he appoint to the supreme court.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I did not understand what your message was about here, could you elaborate/explain it for the dumb asses (like myself) :P
He's saying millennials like Bernie because he offers them financial security. Which, sure, that makes sense.

Someone who understands their problems would certainly do this. But, one would also do it if one wants their votes. His point seems to be that in Bernie's case it's just about the votes, despite Bernie having fought for financial and social equality basically his entire life. But that doesn't fit his narrative, so we are to ignore that.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I think it was a poll in South Carolina or something but Pete was polling like 0% with black voters lol
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

He has like 30% name recognition, likely even less with black voters, but yeah that is worrying. It's probably his "all lives matter" comment
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Goodspeed wrote:He has like 30% name recognition, likely even less with black voters, but yeah that is worrying. It's probably his "all lives matter" comment

Judging by this Politico piece, his homosexuality probably plays a part, too.

Https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... rs-1322396

Joe Darby, a prominent pastor in Charleston, S.C., was discussing the Democratic presidential field with fellow clergymen when Pete Buttigiegā€™s name came up. A fellow pastor quickly interjected.

ā€œIsnā€™t that the dude who kissed his husband on TV?ā€ the person asked skeptically, according to Darby.

The exchange highlights a major obstacle for Buttigieg, whoā€™s vaulted into the top tier of Democratic candidates without gaining traction among African Americans, according to recent surveys of national and South Carolina Democrats. But as the mayor of South Bend, Ind., devotes more effort to campaigning for black votes in the South and elsewhere, he will have to break down some resistance over his sexual orientation, particularly among older voters, according to interviews with more than a dozen African American activists, political strategists and clergy, as well as a review of public polling. ...

ā€œHeā€™s white, male and gay, all three of those things are going to create obstacles for various communities ā€” specifically, I think, the white and the gay, for the black community, are definitely going to be obstacles for him,ā€ said Harrison Guy, a Houston-based choreographer and LGBTQ activist who led the discussion with the mayor. ā€œHeā€™s very aware of that.ā€ ...

ā€œFor older African-American voters, yes, it may be an issue, and with older clergy, it may also be an obstacle. Thatā€™s also true for older, white, working-class voters, too,ā€ said one national Democratic strategist, granted anonymity to discuss the issue candidly.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Oh yeah.. Black people generally don't like homosexuals. That's a thing
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:Oh yeah.. Black people generally don't like homosexuals. That's a thing

Hm, so why do the media promote so many black people if they are generally homophobes? Typically the media steer clear of promoting people who don't agree with their typically progressive agendas.
Do they get a free pass on this?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Oh yeah.. Black people generally don't like homosexuals. That's a thing

Hm, so why do the media promote so many black people if they are generally homophobes? Typically the media steer clear of promoting people who don't agree with their typically progressive agendas.
Do they get a free pass on this?
The type of people who get media coverage are politicians, athletes etc and they're either not homophobic or not stupid enough to be publicly homophobic. Those who do get roasted. Tim Hardaway isn't in the hall of fame partially because he was incredibly homophobic in his younger years.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

My point is just that Sanders seems to just be "You can't afford X, so I'll give you X." While Warren seems capable of a more in depth analysis of social problems. She even wrote a book about the problems two-income families have. She doesn't seem like the drones and politicians who don't seem to have healthy, communitarian motives behind their Progressivism.