US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 8217
Joined: Apr 13, 2015

US Politics Megathread

  • Quote

Post by iwillspankyou »

it is 666 or is it 668 days to the general election in the USA.
Bernie Sanders has whispered in somebodies ear, and that somebody has whispered in somebody elses ear, etc etc, and now I heard it too :love: He is running (I think;)

Whispering of a dream

One thing that convinces me of this, is the mainstream media smear campaigns the recent two weeks. I welcome their smears, cos this way he at least is mentioned by the big news outlets, and cable news.

I know, I KNOW, it is way to early, cos he has not announced that he is a candidate, YET.

If the birds whisper in my ear is wrong though, I will be disappointed. But there are several other good candidates from the left side of Democratic party, like Elisabeth Warren who has announced that she will probably run. We also have Tulsi Gabbard and Nina Turner, but I am not sure if they are considering it?
If Sanders will be the next POTUS, I am pretty sure all of them will be in his administration, and visa versa.

What the main stream media try to tell us, is that Joe Biden is a super good candidate. They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;) ) there is also Camala Harris, who could be a decent candidate, Im unsure :huh:

What is for sure though, is that we cannot have another 4 years of Trump or any of GOP candidates. I heard the news today, that USA carbon emission has gone up 3,4% during 2018. That is the highest hike for the past 20 years! Crazy stuff :cry:

Thoughts bois n girls :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mar 25, 2015
ESO: Pezet

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by pecelot »

no :flowers:
:biggrin:
User avatar
Chad Dolan
Ninja
Posts: 12226
Joined: Sep 17, 2015
Location: 🕥

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

  • Quote

Post by Dolan »

somebody has whispered in somebody else ear

Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 22991
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Bernie is not polling very well, and Elizabeth Warren already announcing means she will likely take away even more support from him.

iwillspankyou wrote:it They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;)


Bernie couldn't even beat Hillary who couldn't even beat Trump
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
Posts: 3339
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
ESO: lamergamer
Location: North Macedonia
Clan: c0ns

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

  • Quote

Post by Sargsyan »

This guy will be re elected
Image
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 8217
Joined: Apr 13, 2015

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by iwillspankyou »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Bernie is not polling very well, and Elizabeth Warren already announcing means she will likely take away even more support from him.

iwillspankyou wrote:it They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;)


Bernie couldn't even beat Hillary who couldn't even beat Trump

He would this time though, cos now everybody actually know him, and the mainstream media cannot smear him enough ;) Last time, they hardly mentioned him. But they gave Trump billions in free publicity though.
Anyway. this is just a teaser, but I am pretty sure he will run. Will you support him @fightinfrenchman ? If not, why not :shock:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 8217
Joined: Apr 13, 2015

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by iwillspankyou »

Sargsyan wrote:This guy will be re elected
Image

I cannot help wondering, if the 800 000 ppl that receive no pay, will support the Clown? How about their spouses and close family? Will they think its a good idea to let their relatives go without any paycheck? Trump seems to think they will all support him, but then again, he lives in his own fantasy land :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
Posts: 3339
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
ESO: lamergamer
Location: North Macedonia
Clan: c0ns

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by Sargsyan »

Dude have you seen his fb likes ¿ hes probably going to be re-elected!!
I saw no angry reacts on his posts
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
Joined: Jun 7, 2015
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

  • Quote

Post by momuuu »

I needed some data from the NIST material database, run by the government of the USA. But retard trump wants to build a wall so he didn't fix his shit and now all US government is down and I can't do what I wanted to do. I didn't realize the election of Trump would affect me directly like this. I hope Murica gets its shit straight and stops ruining my life with their bad votes.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 22991
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by fightinfrenchman »

iwillspankyou wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Bernie is not polling very well, and Elizabeth Warren already announcing means she will likely take away even more support from him.

iwillspankyou wrote:it They also push for Beto Rourke (who could not even beat Ted Cruz ;)


Bernie couldn't even beat Hillary who couldn't even beat Trump

He would this time though, cos now everybody actually know him, and the mainstream media cannot smear him enough ;) Last time, they hardly mentioned him. But they gave Trump billions in free publicity though.
Anyway. this is just a teaser, but I am pretty sure he will run. Will you support him @fightinfrenchman ? If not, why not :shock:


Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 8217
Joined: Apr 13, 2015

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by iwillspankyou »

@fightinfrenchman writes:
Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries, I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.


Who would you support then? Who have better policies, if any? The debate in USA are mostly about the candidate's appearances and personality, but very little about actual policy. Sanders is the exception, and that is why he is popular.

Why do you say he is an egomanical asshole? Is that your personal view, and what do you base it on?

About his age. He is one year older than Biden, and we NEVER hear that Biden is too old in mainstream media. It was also the argument when he ran in 2016, and at that time he was younger than Biden :?: Do you not think this is kind of odd, that the only thing they can hammer Sanders with is his age? Btw Sanders has been touring the country up and down, during the midterm election, like a Duracell Rabitt. I would like to see anyone, including much younger ppl, display the energy and commitment he has.

Sanders is not polling very well YOU CLAIM. Based on what exactly? Maybe you have other sources of info that I have?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ll-770632/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243539/ame ... nders.aspx
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 312541002/

in other polls the picture are more mixed, BUT Sanders is always among the leading candidates.
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 348677002/

So please, mr @fightinfrenchman I would want you too give some evidence for your claims, cos that would elevate our discourse big time. :idea:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mar 25, 2015
ESO: Pezet

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by pecelot »

agreed, Clinton would beat Trump today all day long!!! so maybe Clinton for Potus 2020? #IStandWithBill
:biggrin:
User avatar
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger
Posts: 2893
Joined: Sep 24, 2018

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by Horsemen »

Sanders is an old man. Even if they elect him he will be dead before the end of his first term.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 8217
Joined: Apr 13, 2015

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by iwillspankyou »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:there she goes again

#redwave2020


:P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
No Flag Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 3073
Joined: May 16, 2015

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by Jam »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:This guy will be re elected
Image

I cannot help wondering, if the 800 000 ppl that receive no pay, will support the Clown? How about their spouses and close family? Will they think its a good idea to let their relatives go without any paycheck? Trump seems to think they will all support him, but then again, he lives in his own fantasy land :P


Those 800 000 are true patriots and they will do whatever it takes to realize the Wall. Like a majority of those American citizens who voted to elect President Donald J Trump, we voted for him to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.

As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.

I have grandparents who immigrated to America legally, they did it the correct way and it's time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT!It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.

“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this.

Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victor. They'd rather see President Trump fail, than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.

This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens. This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!
phpBB [video]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja
Posts: 13004
Joined: Apr 28, 2020

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by deleted_user0 »

Wall-e
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jul 24, 2015
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

  • Quote

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@iwillspankyou I will PM you a response later when I have time to write it since this thread is already a lost cause

how about we just make this a legit thread?
mad cuz bad
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jul 24, 2015
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

  • Quote

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.

He is polling worse because the polls are congested and Biden takes 35% in all of them. He has the same support as before, but more importantly, he has the ability to energize the base and that is the only thing that matters. I agree, age is a big factor against him...as well as now with Warren running, that will split off some of his support. Regardless, if he runs, he has the best policies and I would probably support him inthe primaries.
mad cuz bad
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 22991
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Well can you show me any polling to support the idea that he would win this time? Despite making major news in 2016 he is actually polling worse now. You'll have to realize that much of his support was not specifically for him but just people who were anti-Hillary.

That being said if he does win the Democratic nomination, I will of course support him so we can beat Trump. But in the primaries I would not support him because he's an egomanical asshole, and is also too old.

He is polling worse because the polls are congested and Biden takes 35% in all of them. He has the same support as before, but more importantly, he has the ability to energize the base and that is the only thing that matters. I agree, age is a big factor against him...as well as now with Warren running, that will split off some of his support. Regardless, if he runs, he has the best policies and I would probably support him inthe primaries.


Okay when I get the chance I will make my actual rebuttal to all the points. However I will say that you shouldn't support him in the Democratic primaries for at least one reason, that being that he isn't even a Democrat
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jul 24, 2015
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by n0el »

What does that have to do wth anything?
mad cuz bad
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 22991
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:What does that have to do wth anything?


The primary determines who the party nominates to be their candidate, and he isn't a member of the party
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jul 24, 2015
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by n0el »

By running for the nomination, it means he is a member of the party.
mad cuz bad
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 22991
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:By running for the nomination, it means he is a member of the party.


He is not currently a member of the Democratic party despite running for the nomination in 2016.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 22991
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bernie Sanders for Potus 2020

Post by fightinfrenchman »

iwillspankyou wrote:Who would you support then? Who have better policies, if any? The debate in USA are mostly about the candidate's appearances and personality, but very little about actual policy. Sanders is the exception, and that is why he is popular.


The debate is often about apperance and personality because those things impact electability.

iwillspankyou wrote:Why do you say he is an egomanical asshole? Is that your personal view, and what do you base it on?


Yes, this is my stating my personal opinion on him. The way he ran his 2016 campaign is what has convinced me of this; I think he did unnecessary damage to Clinton's reputation among his supporters which contributed to not enough people turning out to vote in 2016, leading to Trump's victory. I also think the fact that he is still an Independent rather than a member of the Democratic party is arrogant.

iwillspankyou wrote:About his age. He is one year older than Biden, and we NEVER hear that Biden is too old in mainstream media. It was also the argument when he ran in 2016, and at that time he was younger than Biden :?: Do you not think this is kind of odd, that the only thing they can hammer Sanders with is his age? Btw Sanders has been touring the country up and down, during the midterm election, like a Duracell Rabitt. I would like to see anyone, including much younger ppl, display the energy and commitment he has.


I don't really watch the news so I'm not sure about mentions about age in the mainstream media. Personally, I don't think old age is necessarily something that would make me not support a candidate, but it is something that makes me less likely to support Biden and also Sanders, regardless of their energy. That being said, Nancy Pelosi is 78 years old and I would love if she was president. The age argument has nothing to do with their ability to lead for me, so however much energy he has is irrelevant; to me, it's solely about electability.

iwillspankyou wrote:Sanders is not polling very well YOU CLAIM. Based on what exactly? Maybe you have other sources of info that I have?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ll-770632/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243539/ame ... nders.aspx
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 312541002/

in other polls the picture are more mixed, BUT Sanders is always among the leading candidates.
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 348677002/

So please, mr @fightinfrenchman I would want you too give some evidence for your claims, cos that would elevate our discourse big time. :idea:


Image

There's nothing to indicate he could beat Joe Biden. I'm not even making the argument that Joe Biden could beat Trump, but Bernie couldn't even beat historically unpopular Hillary, so I don't see how he could beat Biden, or a newcomer who is going to gain in name recognition over the next several months.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Which top 10 players do you wish to see listed?

All-time

Active last two weeks

Active last month

Supremacy

Treaty

Official

ESOC Patch

Treaty Patch

1v1 Elo

2v2 Elo

3v3 Elo

Power Rating

Which streams do you wish to see listed?

Twitch

Age of Empires III

Age of Empires IV