Introduce yourself! :flowers:
No Flag foroso
Crossbow
Posts: 9

20 Mar 2019, 12:35

Hello dear people of Eso(C),

Maybe some of you may have known me, i 'm and old (not so old :P ) player with some differents accounts : SiNfONiA_foro, Foroso

Owner of the SfA team, creator of the old Pro Leagues, and differents tournaments/events for AoM and AoE3 since 2006.

Years have passed and i'm absolutely happy to see the Age community still alive and in a good health. What the team have done here, is a great work.

So, i was wondering myself, as now, all of you know this game better than me, how is going on the competitive way for aoe3 ?

Gl hf guys
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9355
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

20 Mar 2019, 12:59

I remember you.
Well, now there are 1k dollars tourneys every year but the game is dead.
No Flag foroso
Crossbow
Posts: 9

20 Mar 2019, 13:21

thank you, little armag :) how is going you clan ?
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9355
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

20 Mar 2019, 13:24

foroso wrote:thank you, little armag :) how is going you clan ?

Well, not very active anymore on aoe3.
You can find our blog (which replaced the old armag forum), here : http://armagcommunity.blogspot.com/
And our discord here : https://discordapp.com/invite/K5aGHH7
Rwanda jesus3
Howdah
Posts: 1345

20 Mar 2019, 13:24

All clans except for "For all sexy girls" don't matter anymore
No Flag foroso
Crossbow
Posts: 9

20 Mar 2019, 13:41

no more hating clans fighting each others ?
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 3845
ESO: edeholland
Location: the cloud
GameRanger ID: 4053888

20 Mar 2019, 14:06

@foroso This should be pretty good for competitive AoE3: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=466&t=16435
Image
No Flag foroso
Crossbow
Posts: 9

20 Mar 2019, 14:58

Yes, it's a good thing, very good one, i wish you best luck for all participants.

My new project is upon 1v1 league, to make some competitive events, weekly/monthly to stay with some durability. Do you know how many players are playing on the night ?
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9355
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

20 Mar 2019, 15:00

foroso wrote:no more hating clans fighting each others ?

Not really. Most of the French clans are dead tbh.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3415
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Mar 2019, 16:15

foroso wrote:Do you know how many players are playing on the night ?

Daily peak at GMT night ranges around 1100-1700 concurrent players on ESO these days. Perhaps the population statistics page would interest you.
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2554
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

20 Mar 2019, 16:22

Imo the game might be dead for high level players. For lower level players (the most of us) the game isn't dead at all.
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1608
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

20 Mar 2019, 20:17

comeon mcjim u mightve raped me alot but that doesnt make u high lvl bruh
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
Posts: 634
ESO: NekoBerk
Location: Barcelona

20 Mar 2019, 20:34

MCJim wrote:Imo the game might be dead for high level players. For lower level players (the most of us) the game isn't dead at all.


I struggle a lot of ages for get a game even when I smurf with a PR 17 account lol. Also there's a lot of high level players smurfing on lower accounts, so yeah, you got a point there. The game isn't dead at all.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3415
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Mar 2019, 21:08

Usually takes me about 2 seconds to get a RE QS match (PR 29).
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Bolivia tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 3250
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece

20 Mar 2019, 22:40

EAGLEMUT wrote:Usually takes me about 2 seconds to get a RE QS match (PR 29).

it is extremely hard to get a game, even in qs. I play peak hours too. You got lucky most likely.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3415
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Mar 2019, 22:50

Could be. Here's an example from two days ago where I got 3 QS games with three different players back-to-back without issue during GMT lunchtime on a workday:
QS lunchtime.JPG
QS lunchtime.JPG (32.19 KiB) Viewed 584 times

Hakuma resigned when I stomped him grabbing a nat, that's why the short game length :hehe:
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4036
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

20 Mar 2019, 22:52

Hate to say it, but to me the game feels almost as dead as it did near the end of 2014. At least at the top level. Probably more so because all of the quick search players are gone. I can still get games, but it's always against the same 10 people.

Even tournaments don't bring players back anymore, and it doesn't feel like there are a lot of players stepping up to fill the shoes of absent top players. In terms of mechanical skill it feels like the game is at an all-time low, with myself included because I have no one pushing me to be better about my mechanics; or maybe it's just that there seems to be some kind of stigma surrounding mechanics lately. Feels like people say every single mechanic is "easy" and therefore either doesn't matter in the game (as in it's not going to affect the outcome), or doesn't reflect skill.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3415
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Mar 2019, 23:02

Mitoe wrote:Hate to say it, but to me the game feels almost as dead as it did near the end of 2014. Probably more so because all of the quick search players are gone.

I can still get games, but it's always against the same 10 people.

Well, you're at a level only 93 players total have reached (or surpassed) throughout the past two years, and that's including cheaters/point traders.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9355
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

21 Mar 2019, 06:07

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Hate to say it, but to me the game feels almost as dead as it did near the end of 2014. Probably more so because all of the quick search players are gone.

I can still get games, but it's always against the same 10 people.

Well, you're at a level only 93 players total have reached (or surpassed) throughout the past two years, and that's including cheaters/point traders.

Not really, because the elo is lower today than it was before because of smurfs.
User avatar
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
Posts: 1003
ESO: Conquerer999

21 Mar 2019, 15:39

Mitoe wrote:Hate to say it, but to me the game feels almost as dead as it did near the end of 2014. At least at the top level. Probably more so because all of the quick search players are gone. I can still get games, but it's always against the same 10 people.

Even tournaments don't bring players back anymore, and it doesn't feel like there are a lot of players stepping up to fill the shoes of absent top players. In terms of mechanical skill it feels like the game is at an all-time low, with myself included because I have no one pushing me to be better about my mechanics; or maybe it's just that there seems to be some kind of stigma surrounding mechanics lately. Feels like people say every single mechanic is "easy" and therefore either doesn't matter in the game (as in it's not going to affect the outcome), or doesn't reflect skill.

I don't think mechanics are at an all time low because of some kind of stigma surrounding mechanics. I think it's just because there aren't as many good active players.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 9878

21 Mar 2019, 17:41

and people are just getting older or play less for different reasons etc. so mechanics decrease
No Flag foroso
Crossbow
Posts: 9

21 Mar 2019, 17:50

No need to create an automatic season ladder so ? like an 1v1 league by month ?

or people just want to play no rush or lost ? :shame:
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3415
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

21 Mar 2019, 18:14

There's been a lot of talk about seasonal ladder but so far it didn't happen, maybe in the future.
No Rush and Lost are still quite popular, we might see events in both of those formats happening this month actually.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2554
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

23 Mar 2019, 15:28

Then seems like it's time for AoE3:DE which might bring back more players!!

And it it doesn't, we always have AoE4 as backup :hehe:
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Jaeger
Posts: 3668
Location: aka Neuron

26 Mar 2019, 15:33

EAGLEMUT wrote:Usually takes me about 2 seconds to get a RE QS match (PR 29).

Wait, are you implying you're a major?
"That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace."

"Aren't we all just internet explorers?"

Forum Info

Return to “Welcome board”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests