71%
Yes
29%

Total votes: 35

Hungary Dsy
Lancer

22 Mar 2019, 13:33

Hi guys!

Some days ago a tested techtree and realized its pretty easy to implement new shadows into the game.
So had idea to make mercenaries scaling into industrial and imperial ages. Now mercenaries become useless when a civ age up and have acces guard units.
I think they should be auto upgraded when hit age 4 and age 5, to appeal the same way when they are in age 3.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

22 Mar 2019, 13:35

Hell no. It's inherent to the unit to not scale. Being strong in mid game and not in late game.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon
ESO: M1Karox/ImperialNoob

22 Mar 2019, 13:55

Mercenaries are the coolest thing ever. Nothing sadder than seeing them get irrelevant in favor of some industrialized guard musket spam.
If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11543
Australia Kawapasaka
Skirmisher
ESO: skirmisher1380

22 Mar 2019, 14:04

Can't they already scale okay into industrial if you're Germany? With the base stats on some mercs the merc card + AA must give more raw attack or hp than most units get throughout their entire upgrade path.
Either way there's still the issue of production, 1 facility is pretty useless late game unless you're only making lil bombards or something.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

22 Mar 2019, 14:12

Saloon limit increases by 2 in age 4. Problem solved.

Or by 1 in age 3 and by 1 again in age 4
If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

22 Mar 2019, 15:12

Most of the mercenaries are bad for cost effectivity. It means they are not worth to buy even in age 3. If they scale it doesnt change anything on that. They will be the same bad units for cost effectivity. Only difference is in the "same" word instead of "worse".
Plus where they matter is the cards. Unfortunately on competitive side the whole mercenary cards system is screwed. There are a very few which are good and the others unused and there was no particular change on EP to change these cards. Only mamelukes card were changed. But i dont think youve ever seen Stradiots, Landschknechts, Highlanders etc.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

22 Mar 2019, 18:41

I would love to see Landsknechts viable in some way. I always sent them in German tower rushes if I was winning
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
ESO: Anonymous_01

23 Mar 2019, 14:34

I think having them scale would be fun, but I would not make their shadow guard and imp techs full strength (maybe 15/20% and 25/30% instead of normal 30% and 50%).
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

24 Mar 2019, 07:53

Darwin_ wrote:I think having them scale would be fun, but I would not make their shadow guard and imp techs full strength (maybe 15/20% and 25/30% instead of normal 30% and 50%).

The math question is also pretty easy to solve.
Its 1.5=1.2*x
It could be also for use units like cuirassiers which also scaling from their "veteran" base stats.
So yeah there is no issue there that they would be too strong. They would be the same strong compared to guard units as they are in age3 compared to veterans.
Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

24 Mar 2019, 09:15

I think tweaking the stats/cost of Mercs that are never used would be a fun Idea, and the shadow teching to IV/V as well. But maybe instead of implementing these changes to a new EP patch, it would make more sense to first test some of it on the Smackdown Patch. @Interjection
Canada dansil92
Dragoon
ESO: dansil92

24 Mar 2019, 18:38

Japan's two last consulate unit are just ronin and ninjas that scale and imperial hatamoto should give you an idea how very quickly mercs will break if you scale them normally
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

24 Mar 2019, 18:46

mercs are simply not meant to scale......
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

24 Mar 2019, 20:39

Garja wrote:mercs are simply not meant to scale......
this
Poland iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

27 Apr 2019, 12:12

Imperial Mamelukes. :)

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”