Game of Thrones Season 8

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Game of Thrones Season 8

Post by deleted_user »

You know the drill.

Spoilers Seasons 1-7 allowed.

No Season 8 spoilers until the episode has officially aired, please.

I think the story is going to suck, but I'll still watch it. Battle of the Bastards kind of cemented that for me.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Post by Sargsyan »

Seems no one gives a flying fuck about game of thrones
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think if I had infinite lifespan and infinite attention span, I might have watched Game of Thrones too.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I also don't like popular things, making me better than people who do. #gamersriseup
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You gotta admit, it ain't ez making threads on ESOC when Dolan is just owning everyone.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@deleted_user4
As much as I'd like to, there are so many things I'd like to do, but just can't find the spare time for them. One of them is watching movies.

I'm actually curious, how do you goys do it? How can you find the time to play AOE3, watch movies and do other stuff, after coming home from work?

@fightinfrenchman I'm not even playing any gayme right now (I just quit LoL), tbqh famalamastan.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Makes thread about GOT S8, no posts above are about GOT

Just watched it, they are building the plot. I am not much impressed by it tbh, but i know the next ep is going to have something big.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:@deleted_user4
As much as I'd like to, there are so many things I'd like to do, but just can't find the spare time for them. One of them is watching movies.

I'm actually curious, how do you goys do it? How can you find the time to play AOE3, watch movies and do other stuff, after coming home from work?

It's ez
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:@deleted_user4

@fightinfrenchman I'm not even playing any gayme right now (I just quit LoL), tbqh famalamastan.

Maybe if you masturbated a bit less you wouldn't blow loads of time :kinggreen: which you can then spend by screwing around in different ways.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Couple things:

The writing suffers from pushing plot. Sam gets told his brother and father were executed, is supposed to have a breakdown, but then seemingly regains composure and tells John the truth without too much emotion, because plot. Like, he acted well, but then got jipped. Pacing was way off. Sam needs his emotional pain felt with the audience because damnit he's the only emotional fuck in this series. The startling horse carriage in the scene transition was promising, then it was just abandoned for plot.

The night king doesn't do "messages." What was up with that kid stabbed to the wall and that gory art piece around him? You're telling me the night king like took time to set up dis 'spooky' set up for some scragglers behind him? Like, oo watch out we are dead and you're not - oooo!

No, the night king marches because he marches because he's time because he's death because he knows nothing else but cold, but slowing down, but the cessation of life which is warm. He doesn't do gestures like Joffrey. HBO is using the undead as jump scare material when they're more frightening as truth, as end worse than end, an impending, inescapable cold - emotionless march.

More hahahehe balls jokes for the dwarf, who was once clever, and reads now like a redditor.

The weird sexual tension between cersei and euron was good because cersei cried after it. Some of these actors and actresses are really good, but I'm starting to see that Khalesie is not.

Bran is my favorite character. Something good out of that shitty arc which I'm afraid will just be used as more "plot cog." It'd be cool if the character was more nihilistic, or maybe that's the wrong word, more transcendent. They've done a good job making him cold, but then he says, "we don't have much time" and it feels like he shouldnt really give a shit - he isn't bound by time any more.

The end was spicy, but it's Bran, so it's not spicy, because he doesn't care, because he's Bran.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:Maybe if you masturbated a bit less you wouldn't blow loads of time :kinggreen:

I'm too busy for masturbation.

India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

deleted_user wrote:The night king doesn't do "messages." What was up with that kid stabbed to the wall and that gory art piece around him? You're telling me the night king like took time to set up dis 'spooky' set up for some scragglers behind him? Like, oo watch out we are dead and you're not - oooo!

They had that same art in the first episode of GOT too actually so it's not something entirely new.

Other than that I agree with what u wrote
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:
umeu wrote:Maybe if you masturbated a bit less you wouldn't blow loads of time :kinggreen:

I'm too busy for masturbation.

Ou have time to write books on esoc, how buzzy can one bee?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

rsy wrote:
deleted_user wrote:The night king doesn't do "messages." What was up with that kid stabbed to the wall and that gory art piece around him? You're telling me the night king like took time to set up dis 'spooky' set up for some scragglers behind him? Like, oo watch out we are dead and you're not - oooo!

They had that same art in the first episode of GOT too actually so it's not something entirely new.

Other than that I agree with what u wrote

Yeah I saw that after I read up on post discussions, well, oh well.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:Ou have time to write books on esoc, how buzzy can one bee?

I'm pretty fast at writing posts on esoc.

Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Sargsyan wrote:Seems no one gives a flying fuck about game of thrones

Yeah, I have a way better series in mind already!

https://youtu.be/QRRQQVK6nV8

Can't wait for more series coming out!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:
umeu wrote:Ou have time to write books on esoc, how buzzy can one bee?

I'm pretty fast at writing posts on esoc.

I bet you just bang them out. Manipulater.
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

Stranger things :)
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:I bet you just bang them out. Manipulater.

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Frost Bite wrote:Stranger things :)

...happened on orinocco
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:
umeu wrote:I bet you just bang them out. Manipulater.

Are you trying to say you're a pussy slapper? Because nobody buys that.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I pumped my share of slappers, m8. :wood:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

One thing that's been annoying me for a while about the show is establishing shots, they often convey a really confusing sense of scale. I also found it pretty funny that an army stands out in the freezing cold for hours as they funnel into 2 ranks just to pass through a tiny run-down, easily avoidable wall, but that's just me nitpicking. Pretty much agree with everything Callen said, writing has been sadly lacking for a while. Still, worth watching for the spectacle and I guess a sense of closure since there's no way GRRM ever finishes another 2-3 books.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

it was okayish entry episode, too slow for my liking really
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

gibson wrote:it was okayish entry episode, too slow for my liking really
Agreed.

There are only 6 episodes this season, spending an entire episode to set up the plot seems unnecessary. Jon + his aunt flying dragons and looking at waterfalls is wasted time when we could have something that actually moved the plot forward.