EP 7.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: EP 7.0.x Beta [2019-08-26]

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

edeholland wrote:
Cometk wrote:the thing is is that no evidence is actually being put forward, like diarouga outright refused to provide recs lol
Perhaps we should require pro's to provide recordings to prove that a change is good instead of proving that a change is bad. I feel like more than half of all discussions are pro's trying to convince people certain changes are not good, instead of convincing people what changes are good.

In most cases, it feels like it's zoom against the world, which is obviously not how it should be. I would like to see those that agree with his changes uploading recordings proving that and those that don't agree suggesting relevant changes (which, I feel like, diarouga is doing).

That's a new issue we didn't have in the past.
Back then we would spend a lot of time discussing the changes before publishing a change list so most top players would agree with that list before the testing.

Currently we have a very very long change list and I really feel like I have to fight against each change one by one which is a lot of work.

I gave up on trying to explain why some changes are not good imo.
It takes me about 20min to write a complete comment. If I want 30 changes to be removed, that's 10 hours.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye the balance process is becoming way too time consuming.
Image Image Image
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Cometk wrote:the thing is is that no evidence is actually being put forward, like diarouga outright refused to provide recs lol
Perhaps we should require pro's to provide recordings to prove that a change is good instead of proving that a change is bad. I feel like more than half of all discussions are pro's trying to convince people certain changes are not good, instead of convincing people what changes are good.

In most cases, it feels like it's zoom against the world, which is obviously not how it should be. I would like to see those that agree with his changes uploading recordings proving that and those that don't agree suggesting relevant changes (which, I feel like, diarouga is doing).

Back then we would spend a lot of time discussing the changes before publishing a change list so most top players would agree with that list before the testing.

Currently we have a very very long change list and I really feel like I have to fight against each change one by one which is a lot of work.

this is the exact purpose of the beta forum. keep in mind this is just a beta
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Back then we would spend a lot of time discussing the changes before publishing a change list so most top players would agree with that list before the testing.

also this is exactly what happened with the beta change list
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

the beta change list has 3x the amount of changes that we discussed beforehand tho
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Cometk wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

this is the exact purpose of the beta forum. keep in mind this is just a beta

I know it is, but I'm not really willing to spend 10 hours arguing when I'm ignored and my concerns are called "non arguments".
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Cometk wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Back then we would spend a lot of time discussing the changes before publishing a change list so most top players would agree with that list before the testing.

also this is exactly what happened with the beta change list

The other top players agreed with the chinese changes? Really? :O
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Nobody plays Beta, trying to force people to playtest stuff when we have a big new tournament on doesn't really work in my eyes unfortunately. Like rouga is one of the only high level players not in the tourney.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Whats the problem with china?
It will still FF so i dont think its colo will be better...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

helln00 wrote:
If Keshik/Steppe army is to be available from the start, then it should be replacing the the current Ming army, which has always felt like an odd duck to me out of the army compositions, which is always roughly balanced with pike/bow cav/skirm and Cav/goon(cause meteor hammer has goon like effect when fighting with iron flails). The Ming army is the only one that has an explicitly anti cav composition and it makes it a completely unviable choice. Then instead of the Keshik buff, make the beiyang army into a colonial army card that also provides a buff as well.

There is always a single unit-type counter banner army. Ming is anticav, black flag (? The flame-arq) for anti infantry and the double cav OR keshik-hand mortar for anti artillery. ming is just problematic especially because its
a. Prohibitive wood cost
b. Pikes are useless in III/IV/V
c. Keshiks are the unit you want and you get too many pikes

The hand mortar-keshik combo is better but still faces similar problems to the ming army eg. Wood cost and far less useful unit. A meteor hammer- keshik or changdao-keshik would obviously be a far superior combination but would be probably too strong imo
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

umeu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdRenownedHawkWOOP

can we do something about this bug...? it's so random, sometimes the guardian attacks the closest thing, sometimes the one which shoots or attacks, sometimes some of the guardians split, one attacking the closest and the other the attacker =_=

So.. you're saying they act like angered tigers when you shoot at them? :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Port cass ups age2 dont get it, the civ is too much altered and cant see reason really. Spanish gold in age3 was a cool option, now i dont know what to say. i think EP team needs a perspective on meta and design. I feel like RE has better harmony between maps, that all maps have low hunts and some have TP's or not. In EP, there are high hunt TP maps and low hunt no TP maps which is broken honestly. It's like there're 2 seperate game modes. Make harmony between TP maps and non TP maps or remove non TP maps. Map makers will be sad but you have to act bold. I would QS in RE anyday rather than EP standart maps. Not to mention most EP maps have OP treasures which boost early market and buffs TP's unnecessarily. First determine the ground of building you will balance on, than start to tweak civs and things cause right now it looks like a mess. :flowers:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Dsy wrote:Whats the problem with china?
It will still FF so i dont think its colo will be better...

So look, China right now is not standard enough. What we want is to have a civ that's just like all other civs but the unit styles are basically just skins. So what they're going to do is to standardize their cavalry as much as possible and then you keep the banner thing but actually banner armies just kinda function like russia's armies which basically just function like the normal way of producing units. So then China is basically just France but with different skins and this is going to be good for the game because it will please the high council of zoiism that appreciates standardized units. It's basically like we're implementing aoe3's version of the metric system where everything is just a standardized version of eachother but we intend to actually make the imperial system and then you get this beautiful horrific lovechild of pure retardation combined with useless ocd and that's what china and the rest of aoe3 is going to be like.

So that's what the problem with china is and I'm happy that our great overlord mister Zoi the zoiist is there to smack down this last fortress of unstandardness. You know that feeling when you see some guy having selected some civ like France or British and you realize with 90% of the civs you try to select it will just be a sort of macro game and you both kinda boom up go to fortress and then theres this one fight where you just have ranged units shooting at eachother and all units are basically just reskins of eachother and then that fight is over and someone lost. You know that feeling? Well our overlord zoi is going to fucking trash that pussy 90% and he's going to make that one fucking hundred perfect of the match ups. Every fucking civ will be gloriously unified, it's like communisms wet dream but then better and you know what? Why the fuck isn't china the ultimate communist country being unified. How even dare those japs be unique? So yeah Zoi's taking out his hammer of intelligence, because Goodspeed has assured us in over a 100 posts that he's like the most intelligent guy ever, and then he takes his hammer and he just removes banner armies. BAM, one unique civ down, none to go.

Praise Zoi :chinese: :chinese: :chinese:
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

This is accurate
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Cometk wrote:This is accurate

Literally 100%
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Well to be fair, zoi doesn't have enough resources and statistics, is working on wrong sense of relative balance, basic foundation isn't strong, there is no specific vision or a path, along with this top players aren't necessarily the best judges of balance, and AI isn't sophisticated enough to playtest the changes.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
umeu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdRenownedHawkWOOP

can we do something about this bug...? it's so random, sometimes the guardian attacks the closest thing, sometimes the one which shoots or attacks, sometimes some of the guardians split, one attacking the closest and the other the attacker =_=

So... funnnyyyyy :uglylol:

If this game was so real, you think an elephant wouldnt attack a villager that threatened it?

It's just dumb. Can it be fixed or not?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Idea: make beta opt-out rather than opt-in as default EP launch setting.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

umeu wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes

If this game was so real, you think an elephant wouldnt attack a villager that threatened it?

It's not dumb, you just get punished for carelessly hanging around disturbed tigers. Makes perfect sense to me. You can easily beat this mechanic by not walking vills straight into a tiger fight.

There's nothing to fix here really, it's standard unit AI behavior.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It's not dumb, you just get punished for carelessly hanging around disturbed tigers. Makes perfect sense to me. You can easily beat this mechanic by not walking vills straight into a tiger fight.

There's nothing to fix here really, it's standard unit AI behavior.

actually its dumb because there isn't any logic to it. sometimes it attacks the closest unit, sometimes the attacker, sometimes it just splits. even if you have your units positioned in the correct way. i'm not talking only about vils randomly walking past a tiger, i'm also talking about when you have dog next to your hero for example...

but if you cant fix it, fine. but dont come with oh it makes sense IRL cuz its an angry tiger bs...
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Spanish gold feels fake. Could it be reverted to it's original value (galleons +50% HP and train +50% HP pirates) and just placed in age 2, where it belongs for every possible reason?
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

I, too, agree that most of the games content should be unusable garbage
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Yeah I don't see any problem with Spanish gold design-wise. There's already precedent for cards that alter shipment add-ons (for India at least I think?) and Spanish gold works fits very nicely thematically.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Cometk wrote:I, too, agree that most of the games content should be unusable garbage

why, why make unusable garbage in first place then, if you dont want diversity fine but dont steal from others.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Cometk wrote:I, too, agree that most of the games content should be unusable garbage

why, why make unusable garbage in first place then, if you dont want diversity fine but dont steal from others.

I was being a bit of a sarcastic dickhead to the commenter above me.

I like changes that make useless content useful in a tasteful way. Unfortunately it seems there are a lot of players who are content with 65% of cards and 30% of units being mostly unviable.