Consulate Passive Bonuses

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Consulate Passive Bonuses

Post by gamevideo113 »

Since the german consulate for china got fixed to 15%, we might as well look into other consulate passive abilities, at least for the beta:
Ports: fine
Japan: fine
Russia: vills are 15% cheaper and created in 15% less time (15 f every 25 seconds means 0.6f/s trickle, less than a vill, therefore not op, and the 15% train time starts to pay off after a few minutes, so not op as well, at least until youā€™re on one tc only :hehe: )
France: maybe 8%, maybe fine, not sure really
Brits: fine
Otto: fine
Germany: now fine
Dutch: 1.25 gold trickle (with the 2.75 of the bank you have a net 4 gold per second)
Spain - fancy solution: TP cost -40/50%
Spain - non fancy solution: 1.25 xp trickle

Thoughts?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: Consulate Passive Bonuses

Post by Kawapasaka »

Whoah I just realised every Euro civ appears at the consulate
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

If you make the Spanish consulate reduce the cost of TPs i'm pretty sure asian tps would end up being like 40 wood.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

80w at 50% discount
Otto LOS is too good. It prevents most sneaky raids vs India.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

German consulate was never changed: it's still -45 resources.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mitoe wrote:German consulate was never changed: it's still -45 resources.

Are you saying the change wasn't implemented properly on beta, or are you unaware of the change?

- German Consulate passive effect changed to -15% banner-army cost; this fixes a bug where German Consulate would cause trained banner-armies to "refund" resources to the player, due to the armies having negative costs.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Ah, it was listed as a bug fix. I was looking at balance changes. IMO it should be listed as a balance change.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Riotcoke wrote:If you make the Spanish consulate reduce the cost of TPs i'm pretty sure asian tps would end up being like 40 wood.

Consulate bonuses stack in a weird way though, i'll give you an example, let's take Japan with the port consulate:
The TP cost should be 200 wood, then -20% for trade empire and -15% for the consulate bonus, therefore we should have 200x0.65=130w. And that's the case, if you ally after having sent trade empire. But if you ally before having sent trade empire it's actually (200x0.85)x0.8=136w

Therefore, assuming the spanish consulate is -50% on TPs and you're going for a discovery TP build, you would have (200x0.5)x0.8=80w. If it was -40% instead you'd have (200x0.6)x0.8=96w TPs.
Anyway it requires an investment of a card and a consulate, so it should be better than e.g. ATP, which btw also gives TPs an attack and quite a bit of extra hitpoints compared to trade empire.

Djigit wrote:80w at 50% discount

Well that's the point of the bonus though, you don't have any tangible bonus like the brit one, just a reasonable help in map awareness and it's up to the player to use it optimally.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

To be honest I think all of the consulate allies have their place aside from Spain and Russia (and even Russia isn't terrible--you get good units / buildings). The others are fine given the right situation.

I don't think they should be buffed too much, but something small would be nice.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Even Spain can have its uses in long or treaty games, I guess. The extra 1500 XP can be quite nice.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Djigit wrote:80w at 50% discount

Well that's the point of the bonus though, you don't have any tangible bonus like the brit one, just a reasonable help in map awareness and it's up to the player to use it optimally.
Well it's the whole otto consulate package with hussars, 4 vills, MM + insane LOS. I prefer that over 6 redcoats and 10% hp to be honest, which is also one of the very best consulate alliances.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

LOS has priceless advantages. For example india sees a raid before you even have los of their vills so they can respond accordingly. Also when raiding or even pushing ur base, vs other civs you can gather behind ur tc which most civs usually dont see but he does to pick them off.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I would be up suggesting the brit HP bonus is reduced to 5% bonus. 10% on all units is huge for a small initial investment and how this compares to unit upgrades and card shipments. Especially as the 10% is applied the final unit stats instead of the units base stats. I.e HP = (base hp + unit upgrades + vet techs ) * 1.1
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

I guess the ottoman bonus could be reduced to +8 or something, if everybody agrees on it, since the ottoman consulate is already quite strong itself. The british consulate on the other hand only has situational techs (surgeons, spies, petards) so i'm not entirely sold on nerfing it. Keep in mind that intervention is already getting nerfed, so i'd rather wait and see.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?