User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 17:33

The tp sockets on great basin are bs, the fact that you can only build two tps on the 4 tp line because two are too close to the enemy tc ruins the map, can this be changed or tp sockets as a whole be placed without the protection of the tc.
Attachments
Great Basin TP line.png
Great Basin TP line.png (4.74 MiB) Viewed 301 times
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 3972
ESO: edeholland
Location: the cloud
GameRanger ID: 4053888

10 Sep 2019, 17:34

Moved thread to ESOC Patch Discussion > ESOC Maps Discussion.
Image
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 17:34

Thanks.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7650
ESO: Garja

10 Sep 2019, 17:36

How do you want it to be changed.
Australia Kawapasaka
Lancer
Donator 06
Posts: 528
ESO: skirmisher1380
Location: Wales (new, south)

10 Sep 2019, 17:37

I don't like losing to sheckler either :cry:
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 17:55

Garja wrote:How do you want it to be changed.

Have the tp i've highlighted not included in the tc radius, it makes it so you can basically only take 2 tps on a 4 tp map.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7650
ESO: Garja

10 Sep 2019, 18:01

Which may be intended.
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 18:15

How is that good map design though, control of the middle of the map should benefit you with that tp socket, rather than some fake boundary stopping you.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7364
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

10 Sep 2019, 18:54

I don't see what's wrong with being able to take only 2 TPs on that line. It's just the way the map is, you can grab a couple TPs, but not really stagecoach most of the time. After all, it's exactly the same on Florida.
The only problem I have with this TP line is that it's not consistent, sometimes you can grab 2 TPs and sometimes 3. That sucks because in a tournament game, you green up without knowing whether you will be able to really stagecoach or not. Same applies to Florida, and Hudson to some extent.
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 19:21

Kaiserklein wrote:I don't see what's wrong with being able to take only 2 TPs on that line. It's just the way the map is, you can grab a couple TPs, but not really stagecoach most of the time. After all, it's exactly the same on Florida.
The only problem I have with this TP line is that it's not consistent, sometimes you can grab 2 TPs and sometimes 3. That sucks because in a tournament game, you green up without knowing whether you will be able to really stagecoach or not. Same applies to Florida, and Hudson to some extent.

I don't understand how you can think it's good design though, in base tp sockets are bad but still plausible to why they're protected, but that one is actually just retarded it's denying you something in a completely arbitrary way
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Dragoon
Posts: 230
ESO: Danielek
Location: UK

10 Sep 2019, 19:25

Can we just remove the tc build restriction radius, I want to me able to wall my enemy with markets and place tc's nearby.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7650
ESO: Garja

10 Sep 2019, 19:28

For the record Florida is 95% only 2 TPs. Great Basin is something like always 3 from one side and about 70% 3 from the other side.
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 19:30

So that's a massive imbalance, why have it be pot luck if you get a good spawn for a stagecoach civ?
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7650
ESO: Garja

10 Sep 2019, 19:33

Because the socket decides itself to spawn left or right of the route.
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 3368
ESO: n0eL

10 Sep 2019, 19:38

Riotcoke wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I don't see what's wrong with being able to take only 2 TPs on that line. It's just the way the map is, you can grab a couple TPs, but not really stagecoach most of the time. After all, it's exactly the same on Florida.
The only problem I have with this TP line is that it's not consistent, sometimes you can grab 2 TPs and sometimes 3. That sucks because in a tournament game, you green up without knowing whether you will be able to really stagecoach or not. Same applies to Florida, and Hudson to some extent.

I don't understand how you can think it's good design though, in base tp sockets are bad but still plausible to why they're protected, but that one is actually just retarded it's denying you something in a completely arbitrary way

I am also not a fan of these type of maps. TP line interaction is one of the best parts of the current meta, and this seems to hinder it.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7650
ESO: Garja

10 Sep 2019, 19:41

Let's not raise useless discussions. Some maps you can take all, some maps you can only take some. It's intended and it's the same on RE patch.
The only thing here is that one TP is a bit random because it's borderline with the TC range. Moving it completely outside of the TC range means that the TP middle TPs would be too close to each other and the route assymetrical. So either accept it is this way or just remove the map.
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 19:47

Can you not reduce the tc range slightly or is it static?
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7364
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

10 Sep 2019, 19:49

Riotcoke wrote:I don't understand how you can think it's good design though, in base tp sockets are bad but still plausible to why they're protected, but that one is actually just retarded it's denying you something in a completely arbitrary way

The tc radius is always arbitrary, I don't understand your point? This map is arbitrarily designed to allow you to grab only 2 TPs, and I can't understand what's wrong with that. Also why are in base sockets bad? You're simply being biased tbh.

We already have plenty of maps where you can stagecoach.
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1836
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

10 Sep 2019, 20:04

No i'm not being biased, why should you not be able to build a tp that's basically mid map especially when your opponent can grab yours and have 3 tps while you can only have two, that's fucking dreadful balance.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7650
ESO: Garja

10 Sep 2019, 20:11

90% of times having one TP more than the opponent isn't even relevant.
Canada vividlyplain
Musketeer
Posts: 72
ESO: vividlyplain

10 Sep 2019, 20:27

Heaven forbid you have a map that forces you to play slightly differently than other 4 tp maps.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7364
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

10 Sep 2019, 20:47

Riotcoke wrote:No i'm not being biased, why should you not be able to build a tp that's basically mid map especially when your opponent can grab yours and have 3 tps while you can only have two, that's fucking dreadful balance.

You shouldn't be able to build it because it's the way the map is? What is the actual argument behind saying you "should" be able to build it? What makes it bad, I don't get it. Not all maps are meant to have stagecoach potential, having 2 regular tps each is also a thing.

The fact that one of the tps is sometimes takeable and sometimes isn't is definitely an issue, but that's another story. If that's fixed, the tp line is just fine.
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
Posts: 741
ESO: HUMMAN

10 Sep 2019, 20:52

It's like asking why there are no extra tp's in the map so you can grab more while controlling the middle, well; it's just the way it is. but i aggree game should be less random regarding tp's. its like having one less mine.
Image
User avatar
France Rikikipu
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 1589
ESO: p-of
Location: In your base

10 Sep 2019, 21:00

About the topic:
- I don't see why being able to only build 2 TPs out of 4 brings any issue. It actually provides a different feature from other ESOC maps which results to different strategical decisions. For instance, map control is a bit less important on middle map, so that might be eventually more interesting to do a fb on one side of the map to control resources, instead of controlling the trade route.
- As Kaiserklein said, I also dislike that some player can build 3 tps and the other one only two. For instance, ATP builds is totally viable if you can take 3 tps but rather hopeless if you can grab only 2. So I'd rather fix that if possible.

About the form: I can understand your frustration, but usually doing a request works a better if you make it in a nice way: avoiding words like 'bullshit, fucking dreadful balance' would be for the best. Especially being polite with each other in a team has really positive outcomes :flowers:
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9674
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

10 Sep 2019, 21:49

Hudson Bay has a real balance issue and it's sad.
It's one of the best maps but sometimes one player can take 4 TPs while the other can only take 2, which sucks.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Maps Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests