COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Are ya'll following this? It seems like its getting out of control. How would you handle what Wuhan and other cites are going through?

Do you believe the Chinese government to tell the truth?

It takes 10-14 days to show symptoms, while still being able to spread through several methods. Can manifest in a few different ways, commonly as a fewer and pneumonia, with other general fever signs.

There are lots of things going around:

Right now they are building 2 hospitals. atleast one of them is the area of 6 football fields.
Wuhan has 11 million citizens. 40-50,000 hospital beds

Ussualy 10's of thousands of Chinese die from the flu alone, why are they reacting so strong to this?
would they have ever noticed 100 deaths, and a few thousand cases?
risking billions in losses to the economy and world economy?
A few days ago, a nurse leaked out 90,000 have come to hospitals for help.

Now take a look at these leaked videos.
we are not being shown the truth.

Pray guys, the world is going through quite a lot right now.
I for one and building up my immune system with oregano oil and colloidal silver.
Good luck, peace be with you.

this link may be disturbing to watch.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=DUDN_15 ... RQZP436Cc0

United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Re: The dire situation in CHINA > CORONA outbreak.

Post by evilcheadar »

What will oregano oil do for your immune system
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

also forgot to mention this virus is made of RNA (meaning it can mutate easily) and protected by a protein shell that allows it to survive outside for at least 5 days, maybe even putting it into dormant mode.

Oregano oil is a long time anti viral herb. as is colloidal silver. The virus is about 1/700th the size of a blood cell so need even smaller particles to help attack it. I'm not exactly sure what they specifically do.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Ya scary stuff, people are comparing it to the SARS from the early 2000's.
In the video the person deliberately coughing in the window. Ya that was obviously really dumb and potentially harmful to do. In regular ER's people can wait up to 8 hours before being seen and people dont realize why and they get pissed and do dumbshit, I can only image the wait til in the hospitals there, so its no surprise that some people would get pissed and do dumb shit.
The person taking cab to the hospital: He said he was trying to go to the hospital and he probably didnt have a car or a way to get there and there were probably very few cabs, so he needed a way to get to the hospital, but the cab driver was reasonably mad. It's kinda annoying people click bate stuff like this and try to basically spread misinformation.

The disease is a virus so antibiotics do not work on it, that is why it is so difficult to treat, also the symptoms can be the same as a common cold, and as were in the winter its extremely common for people to have colds. So it makes it hard to know if a person coughing is just a cold or something really dangerous.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

That attack is not an isolated incident. Have heard of doctors being killed too. Chinese doctors do not get paid mega bucks like in the west, Seen video testimony of nurses crying desperate to stop, but say if they leave they will be counted as a traitor.

how are videos misinformation? take them for what you will, but these are the videos that tell a different story than the narrative. and I really only scratch the surface. Maybe the misinformation is coming from China that wants to suppress this.
Sure the man in the cab was trying to get to the hospital. now he likely infected them and many more on his trek to get there. not to mention the past week or more that he was feeling fine prior.
No Flag skandertayebi
Crossbow
ESO: skandertayebi

Post by skandertayebi »

Yeah I know the actually situation in China is way worse than reported officially. Just check out Hongkong media which shows that statistics of deaths/Infected people published by chinese government is manipulated af. Not sure if it will get a huge problem for western world but things in China really look horrible. Also I don't think the virus breakout was from a random bat soup in any shit market. Hongkong reports tell that first infected people never were anywhere near of that seafood market which is claimed to be the source of Coronavirus.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

let us just do our best to finish the winter championship before we all die
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Could send in hessian jeagers, no enemy is too scary for a mass of jaegers
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think it will hit certain parts much harder than others. India is also highly populated but can't muster the resources like china can. I am impressed by their build projects, to be the lead engineer directing all those people must be quite a task.

There are many theories about where it came from: can google event 201, umbrella corp, or check out this cute little article and get u a corona pokemon souvenir...
(it is possible these are unrelated and someone compiled the pictures but there is a lot to this event 201 story out there not good stuff)
corona.jpg
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

The virus itself doesn't look that terrible from what i've seen. It isn't that much worse from a typical influenza virus. The problem is that obviously not having a vaccine makes the disease much harder to control.
In general i think it shouldn't be too hard to keep it at bay in western countries since the population density is lower than in eastern countries, but i can see it being a serious issue in china/india etc.
The most important thing for those countries is to inform the population very well on the prevention of the disease. Hygiene can do wonders in these situations.
The virus certainly came from another animal species, but it's usually almost impossible to track down exactly which one. Viruses have a high genetic mutation rate by definition, things like these have always happened and will always happen. The more people are in touch with animals, the higher the risk of cross-species occurrence. Eventually researchers will come up with some treatment/vaccine, like with the Influenza virus. I think a lot of people are panicking and making it a bigger deal than it actually is (no, humanity will not extinguish because of coronavirus).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

BBC News "First coronavirus cases confirmed in UK"

....aaaah shit,
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@howlingwolfpaw Isn't Umbrella Corp from the Resident Evil games?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Iā€™m never drinking corona beer ever again
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:BBC News "First coronavirus cases confirmed in UK"

....aaaah shit,
RIP
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Horsemen wrote:Iā€™m never drinking corona beer ever again
Brb shorting the stock
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Imagine shoenice slamming oregano oil
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

I flew home back to the US yesterday. All the US border patrol had masks on, and there were temperature scanners everywhere.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Who in this thread got a flu shot?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

not me. then i saw that my country was on the bottom end of flu vaccinations this year. apparently getting the shot every year is good. will ammend next year
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Who in this thread got a flu shot?
:kinggreen:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

eeeeither way, I wonder what would happen if the contagion reached a level where it would be meaningless for the police and the army to protect the Chinese apparatus.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Highly unlikely, you would need a high mortality rate disease with no cure/vaccination, at which point it would likely be a global catastrophe. Simple cough and cold isn't going to cut it
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Can't really contain it at this point. You can't ban all travel indefinitely because too much economy depends on it, and you can't totally eliminate it from the human reservoir in a place as crowded as China.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

princeofcarthage wrote:Highly unlikely, you would need a high mortality rate disease with no cure/vaccination, at which point it would likely be a global catastrophe. Simple cough and cold isn't going to cut it
The economic damage that a simple flu can cause is already considerably big. The problem with coronavirus is that it causes pneumonia (which is a lot worse than a simple "cough and cold") in most patients, and many of them need to be admitted to an intensive care unit to make it through, which requires high medical expenses.
The conseqences of a bad management of this disease could be serious. I don't think they'll be catastrophic though, i agree.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

I don't deny that. Pneumonia itself isn't much dangerous although expensive yes. Pneumonia has about 10% mortality rate and lower in countries with developed medical capabilities. Coronavirus has 2% mortality rate. Going by simple and very rough calculation if 100 are infected 20 develop pneumonia which isn't most, 2 of them die. Of course death itself isn't the cause of panic. The fact that it can spread at an higher rate and various Chinese reasons like lack of transparency, poor medical capabilities, lack of preparedness among of others. That results in economic problems for China and it's productivity which results in problems for other countries.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.