No Flag ssaraf
Skirmisher
ESO: robinhood_xing

29 Jul 2015, 18:44

I need some help. I have messed up my installation of aoe3 and now it does not work.

Situation : I had installed aoe3 complete collection normally in C (OS) drive. But, later I needed space in C, so i cut the whole aoe3 folder and pasted in D drive. Now, when I click on age3y.exe it says "Initialization Failed. Could not load DATAPY.BAR". Also, when i click to age3x.exe it says "Initialization Failed. Could not load DATAPX.BAR" , similarly when i click age3.exe , i get "Initialization Failed. Could not load DATAP.BAR".

I know, uninstalling / reinstalling will 99% fix it, but that would be my last resort.

Any help would be appreciated.
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

29 Jul 2015, 18:50

I assume that you need some Registryfiles changed (not sure) and I bet a reinstall would be 10times faster.
No Flag matrixlord337
Crossbow

10 Sep 2015, 14:27

The problem is that the installation path is no longer correct.

You open the Registry Editor and go following way (this is for 64bit systems):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Wow6432Node Microsoft Microsoft Games Age of Empires 3 1.0

In this table you'll find the following entry: "SetupPath" which says in a normal installation as follows:

C: Program Files (x86) Age of Empires III bin

The entry you change so where the Age of Empires 3 folder is currently located.

Problem solved :)
Vietnam tranngocanh01071995
Crossbow

05 Dec 2018, 07:30

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\age of empires 3 expansion pack 2\1.0
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

05 Dec 2018, 10:51

Windows, not even once.
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things

Forum Info

Return to “Tech Support”