190hp sepoy

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

190hp sepoy

Post by deleted_user0 »

after nerfing otto cons to shit, nerfing sepoy 10hp more with brit cons, nerfing my cease fire, nerfing mahouts, nerfing consulate minutes, and creating a map pool with 3-5tp maps only for epl2, could it be possible to give sepoys their hp back cause India seems completely shit now

best regards,
all India players

ps. giving very very little buff to unit with following base stats:
225hp
20 attack
80 food 80 gold
doesn't make it better cause they are shit anyway
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: 190hp sepoy

Post by deleted_user0 »

I'm glad they didn't give this absolutely MONSTER unit 240hp because it would have made it completely unbalanced monster unit :---D
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

somppukunkku wrote:I'm glad they didn't give this absolutely MONSTER unit 240hp because it would have made it completely unbalanced monster unit :---D
Haha those stats are ridiculous .. and to think that the sowar is a lancer type unit.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

india is nerfed to the ground
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

Maybe you just aren't playing India the right way. H2O_ and LordRaphael were very OP with India using gurkha/zambs, and those strats haven't been nerfed at all. Can more experienced players tell me how good India is with skirm/goon comp instead of sepoy comp?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

charlemango wrote:Maybe you just aren't playing India the right way. H2O_ and LordRaphael were very OP with India using gurkha/zambs, and those strats haven't been nerfed at all. Can more experienced players tell me how good India is with skirm/goon comp instead of sepoy comp?
"Maybe you aren't playing India the right way"
How do you define right way???
I played India my own style before they nerfed EVERYTHING about it. And it would be great RE.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yeah this is sompu
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

somppukunkku wrote:
charlemango wrote:Maybe you just aren't playing India the right way. H2O_ and LordRaphael were very OP with India using gurkha/zambs, and those strats haven't been nerfed at all. Can more experienced players tell me how good India is with skirm/goon comp instead of sepoy comp?
"Maybe you aren't playing India the right way"
How do you define right way???
I played India my own style before they nerfed EVERYTHING about it. And it would be great RE.
What I mean is you can't complain about a civ being underpowered if you don't use the optimal strats...
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Sargsyan wrote:india is nerfed to the ground
I think urumi deserve to be nerf.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Gurkha/Zam has fallen out of favor. Those players were using those strats years ago on RE maps. India benefits from RE maps because they need less food since their villagers cost wood. Having a skirm/goon composition available in age 2 is great, but what is even greater is being able to starve your opponent out. EP maps (or good maps in general) allow you to semi-ff with two safe hunts and mines in base. Gurkha/Zam builds have a lot of trouble in dealing with fortress builds and especially falconets.

The sepoy/ceasefire playstyle is quite interesting. It was essentially invented because India do not have any good cavalry. Sowars are complete trash as demonstrated by the screenshot above. So India needed some other way to deal with skirm/goon compositions, since gurkhas themselves lose in the fortress skirm war, especially without mansabdar support. With sepoy/ceasefire nerfed, India is in quite an awkward position. The uncalled for Mahout nerf doesn't help either.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well gurkha zamb india seems fine, probably around average. It was definitely nerfed though, I mean your houses cost 10w less but otto mm are more expensive, and later you get only 5% hp boost from british consulate. Though zambs have their 30% rr back now.

Obviously though somppu will ignore these units anyway. Then again he's right sowars should be buffed and the mahout change is dumb. Either way, sepoys are still more than viable, so there's no reason to buff them, this is just his bias because of his playstyle. If india needs a buff, it surely won't be having RE sepoys back.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ok so I can't complain about india cause they nerfed my OPTIMAL strat to shit and now I'm not skirm-goon botting (which is way worse than dutch btw) and you have no cav or arti so basically 2 units.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

They are just doing what they did to kynesie, you should have seen it coming...
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

india was probably overnerfed.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:Ok so I can't complain about india cause they nerfed my OPTIMAL strat to shit and now I'm not skirm-goon botting (which is way worse than dutch btw) and you have no cav or arti so basically 2 units.
Broken stuff was nerfed which is just normal. Sepoys used to be absurd and cease fire was stupid. I think basically everyone agrees on that.
Mahouts and sowars should be buffed yeah. Gurkhas, sepoys and zambs are good already.
India gurkha zamb style isn't "way worse" than dutch, if at all. I've precisely had very close games as dutch vs that india playstyle. I'm not sure what makes you think that.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

princeofcarthage wrote:They are just doing what they did to kynesie, you should have seen it coming...
I can't tell if this is a troll post but if it is then it's a good one.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ofc it's not a troll post lol, it's just trg
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

the thing is, all age 3 india compositions are nerfed vs skirm/goon now, considering mahouts specifically do worse against skirms with the multipliers adjustment. we're now asked to train disciplined sowars... the efficacy of that is yet to be seen, but i'm not hopeful
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

But I thought India was supposed to be a superpower by now.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

India composition vs skirm/goons = gurka. Gurka is not nerfed.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just give sowars their 240 hp or whatever, or lower the cost.
And keep the normal multipliers for mahouts, but reduce their obstruction radius which obviously causes a terrible pathing, and/or increase their speed slightly. The unit doesn't really have bad stats but it's just really awkward to use.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:They are just doing what they did to kynesie, you should have seen it coming...
I can't tell if this is a troll post but if it is then it's a good one.
Ofc it is, what else do you expect? I am pretty disconnected from game at this point to care to comment on any balance changes.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Just give sowars their 240 hp or whatever, or lower the cost.
And keep the normal multipliers for mahouts, but reduce their obstruction radius which obviously causes a terrible pathing, and/or increase their speed slightly. The unit doesn't really have bad stats but it's just really awkward to use.
I 100% agree with kaiser here. Obstruction radius on mahouts is a joke
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

maybe somppu could be persuaded with 4.5 speed sepoys, will that do enough? ;)
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Look the thing about the EP approach that I don't get is the following:

You have india. They seem mostly fine, maybe a little bit strong. But they're unique, they do unique things that no other civ really does in the game. They have this pretty unique 'economic' slow rush and they have some pretty unique army compositions. Then we nerf one of the things that makes them unique; maybe it was too strong but the nerf targets one of the unique things (the slow rush). Then we need to buff them in a completely new way. Then apperantly even more problems start popping up and we slowly nerf all the things that make them unique. I feel like the process is just getting closer and closer to turning india into a skirm goon semi FF civ, and I'm sad about that. I don't see how any of the changes improved anything. Each iteration of the patch I'm less excited about playing india, and that's a shame. I feel sorry for Somppu too, the thing he enjoys has been nerfed unreasonably much. It's sad.

This just doesn't feel like balancing anymore. It feels like needless redesigning of a civ that was one of the most enjoyable civs in the game. Every change made just seems to create more problems. It's sad.