How to choose China fortress card?

No Flag crankifzz
Musketeer

How to choose China fortress card?

Post by crankifzz »

I only play on re and get confused to how to choose fortress card after watching some rps.

Basic formation of China fortress card is 11Changdao 10Arquebusiers 5Meteors Intervention and Manchus.
others card 1Kwood ,1KGold ,Territorial Army Combat,Repelling Volley,Double Faced Armor,Iron Troop.They are common but replaceable.
so how do I choose them into my deck?
Also in H2O's rp he put western refugees in his deck.In what situation I can put it into my deck and which card I need to get rid of?

Some MUs like vs Spain you need to put 7 Hand Mortars or In water map you want to put some warship into your deck.
so in these case what cards should be replaced?

tkx for read and answer!
Belgium LegalPenguin
Musketeer
ESO: LegalPenguin

Re: How to choose China fortress card?

Post by LegalPenguin »

Basically, you've answered your own question:
Each match-up and requires a specific deck.

So it depends on what you want to achieve.

But for your question: I'd get rid of 1000 coin (Edit: Iron Troops) for Western refugees, but honestly, I've never sent Western refugees. You don't really need it if you plan to ff, you just want more troops and more resources for those troops in the short term (so 1000 gold).

But hey, I'm no expert.

Also: play EP, not RE please.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Right now it seems that the standard age 3 China cards are 10 skirm 11 sword 5 meteor intervention manchu iron troops double faced armor repelling volley territorial army combat and 1k gold. The cards that are most replaceable in my opinion are probably gonna be 1k gold and iron troops if you want something like 7 hand mortars or western refugees or the fuchan on water maps.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Just click from left to right and win everytime. :D
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I usually go with manchus, 4 iron flail, double face, repeling volley and eco upgrade as the standard deck, gives a broad based response in most situation.

I think you always want eco upgrades so you have 3 free slots, and those are the ones you can customise

I think most of the time you dont want to send 1k wood and 1k gold for the other options since I think especially 1 k wood is a really greedy option and once in age 3 you want to be a bit agressive and 1k gold is only really useful to me if you are sending both mercs. Its often really easy to me atleast to just build a market to get gold for mercs.

If you are likely to be under pressure and have low resources, then I think you want to have 1k wood to recover and territorial army combat since you want to spam them as they are cheap is a strong compo. In this case you are also likely to age up with the confucian academy.

If you age up with the tower and can afford to spam cav, then Double face and repelling volley is better since you just want skirms there to clear anti-cav.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

1k coin, 10 skirm, 11 sword, territorial combat, repelling volley, double faced armour, intervention, 5 meteor, 9 manchus are in pretty much every deck I use. Iron troops/saiga herd/7 hand mortars/1 fuchuan are all viable for the last spot depending on the map/matchup. I never found western refugees to be useful in practice, same for 1k wood (though I can see some scenarios where they could be good).
helln00 wrote:I usually go with manchus, 4 iron flail, double face, repeling volley and eco upgrade as the standard deck, gives a broad based response in most situation.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

10 steppe > 4 iron flail
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

but then you have to research disciplined steppe eww.

If the beiyang army card was cheaper though
No Flag crankifzz
Musketeer

Post by crankifzz »

[quote="Lukas_L99"]1k coin, 10 skirm, 11 sword, territorial combat, repelling volley, double faced armour, intervention, 5 meteor, 9 manchus are in pretty much every deck I use. Iron troops/saiga herd/7 hand mortars/1 fuchuan are all viable for the last spot depending on the map/matchup. I never found western refugees to be useful in practice, same for 1k wood (though I can see some scenarios where they could be good).

you dont need 1K wood for FI?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

crankifzz wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:1k coin, 10 skirm, 11 sword, territorial combat, repelling volley, double faced armour, intervention, 5 meteor, 9 manchus are in pretty much every deck I use. Iron troops/saiga herd/7 hand mortars/1 fuchuan are all viable for the last spot depending on the map/matchup. I never found western refugees to be useful in practice, same for 1k wood (though I can see some scenarios where they could be good).

you dont need 1K wood for FI?
No
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

4 flails, that's the only shipment you really need.