Hotkeys ?

No Flag Huys
Crossbow

Hotkeys ?

Post by Huys »

Hello!
I have downloaded the game some hours ago and I am currently trying to understand how to play it. I watched a tutorial and heard about the possibility to select groups of different units separately. How do I do that? How do I programm the hotkeys in order to do that?
:)
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: Hotkeys ?

Post by Mitoe »

Hi! Sounds like the tutorial you watched was talking about control groups.

The default hotkeys for control groups are as follows:

Create group:
Control + (any number 1 - 9)

Add to existing group:
Shift + (any number 1 - 9)

Remove from group:
Control + 0

To use these hotkeys, select a group of units you wish to create a group with. Once a group has been created, you simply press the corresponding number to re-select them at any time. For example, if I want to set my barracks to group 4, I would select my barracks, press control + 4, and then at any time I can press 4 again to select it.

To edit your hotkeys you can go into Help and Tools (in the game's main menu) > Options > Hotkeys
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It might be useful to say that "1-9" are the numbers on the top of your keyboard and not the ones from your numeric keypad...
No Flag Huys
Crossbow

Post by Huys »

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'll try that later
Have a beautiful day
No Flag Huys
Crossbow

Post by Huys »

1) 5 musks -> create group "A" -> + 5 new musks -> add to group "A" -> + 5 new musks -> add to group "A" etc. etc. ....

Do I have to repeat this in every new game? I mean, the game is not going to remember "A" -> musks "B"-> pikes just because in a previous game I created the group "A" musks and the group "B" pikes. Right?

2) Where do I find the hotkey for the (economy) flag of the town center? is there one or do I always have to select the town center, click on the little flag, and then move it to a point?
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Huys wrote:1) 5 musks -> create group "A" -> + 5 new musks -> add to group "A" -> + 5 new musks -> add to group "A" etc. etc. ....

Do I have to repeat this in every new game? I mean, the game is not going to remember "A" -> musks "B"-> pikes just because in a previous game I created the group "A" musks and the group "B" pikes. Right?

2) Where do I find the hotkey for the (economy) flag of the town center? is there one or do I always have to select the town center, click on the little flag, and then move it to a point?
You can turn on some kind of right click sets gather point command which is what I use. As for the military flag, I still do that manually but I think there is a hotkey somewhere.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Huys wrote:1) 5 musks -> create group "A" -> + 5 new musks -> add to group "A" -> + 5 new musks -> add to group "A" etc. etc. ....

I've never said this unironically, but here I am saying this unironically: play the tutorial.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Yeah honestly playing through tutorial and first campaign would be good practice to start playing european civs online.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag Huys
Crossbow

Post by Huys »

I will play the tutorial then. Thank you a lot!