Rules Smurf Specific rules
- 16 players total which are chosen by the top 16 signups by max EP and current JP Elo importantly the list of participants will be private
- Each player will be given a smurf which they are free to use for the duration of the event. However they cannot tell anyone their identity
- Chat will be discouraged by players, players can still chat in game but any chat pertaining to who they are could result in a disqualification
- As each game is going to be casted, casters will not know the identity of players.
- Seeding in the bracket will be done semi randomly, in this regard the seeding will be random but i might change the bracket slightly to keep games interesting.
General Tournament rules
- Bracket structure will be Best of 5s for the RO16, Best of 5s for the RO8, Best of 7s for semi-finals and a best of 7 for the final.
- New world championship rules will be used for civ picks, with the winner of the previous game picking first.
- Map set will be released at a later date
- In general the event will work in a similar fashion to previous weekend tournaments hosted by ESOC
Prizepool The prize pool currently stands at $500 USD, with $100 from myself and an additional $400 added by ESOC. The prize pool with be split between the betting and the tourney, with $100 going towards the betting, $50 for the player who is able to hide their identity and $50 for the participant that guesses the most players correctly, and $400 for the prize pool of the event, this being split $200 for 1st $100 for 2nd and $50 for 3rd and 4th.
Special thanks to:
@dicktator_ & @JulianK for allowing me to admin the TR hidden tourney which has set as a basis for this.
@deleted_user4 For being the genius behind the smurf tourney before it took off in AOE2
@Cometk For formating this post
@n0el for making the banner
@Sargsyan for making all the accounts