General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
China Crazy_Alexander
Crossbow
ESO: Crazy_Alexander

30 Aug 2020, 17:04

I heard that the AOE3 DE is trying to change the model of american civ: They can't get coin by mining anymore but have it from "fur trading". Does it means a great change to american?
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

30 Aug 2020, 17:07

Unfortunately it seems like something they were forced to do. It's pretty clear that its going to make those civs less fun to play. Hopefully it is just slightly bad and not completely broken.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?

Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

30 Aug 2020, 17:10

Sounds like a potentially interesting new mechanic, and it fits the civs and history better than the current situation. Of course we have to wait to see the implementation.

Don't listen to a bunch of guys who've been playing this game way too long tell you about how it's impossible to improve on a 15 year old game.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Brazil CaperBR
Crossbow
ESO: CaperBR

30 Aug 2020, 17:21

From what has been said so far, doesn't look like it will be that big of a change as some make it seem. All we can do is wait for more info
OSES 2 when?
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream

30 Aug 2020, 17:42

I suspect there would be a new type of villagers, something like those from the Wol tupis, a fur gatherer that works among the villagers when hunting animals, thus making you choose between a higher amount of food or gold to gather from your herds.
Or perhaps they can gather fur from the dead animals idk.
No Flag helln00
Lancer
ESO: helln00

30 Aug 2020, 18:09

giveuanxiety wrote:Unfortunately it seems like something they were forced to do. It's pretty clear that its going to make those civs less fun to play. Hopefully it is just slightly bad and not completely broken.

where did you hear that they were forced to do this from?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

30 Aug 2020, 18:24

giveuanxiety wrote:Unfortunately it seems like something they were forced to do. It's pretty clear that its going to make those civs less fun to play. Hopefully it is just slightly bad and not completely broken.

Forced by who, and also how is this mechanic you know nothing about "pretty clear" to be worse
Why did howlingwolfpaw kill my cat
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

30 Aug 2020, 18:31

unfortunately my pp got reduction surgery, to more accurately represent my aztec ancestors. I hope we can still have just as much fun tho
Image Image
No Flag iNcog
Ninja

30 Aug 2020, 18:46

lol
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

30 Aug 2020, 18:47

Nothing about the feature is "pretty clear"

I don't see how adding a new mechanic that adds more variety between civs guarantees that it makes the civ less fun
No Flag iNcog
Ninja

it's jus such a weird stretch to talk about a design change as if it had weird BLM motives? how do the two even correlate? I cant even. your conspiracies are too wild
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

amiggo1999 wrote:unfortunately my pp got reduction surgery, to more accurately represent my aztec ancestors. I hope we can still have just as much fun tho

xD
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

30 Aug 2020, 18:52

musketeer925 wrote:
I don't see how adding a new mechanic that adds more variety between civs guarantees that it makes the civ less fun

Start @ :27

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja

30 Aug 2020, 18:57

iNcog wrote:it's jus such a weird stretch to talk about a design change as if it had weird BLM motives? how do the two even correlate? I cant even. your conspiracies are too wild
Yea it makes no sense, like its obviously a historical change because historically thats the way it was lol. As if the Aztecs gathering gold is some sort of SJW issue anyway. Whether or not its gonna be good,bad, or just irrelevant is yet to be seen though
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

30 Aug 2020, 19:09

iNcog wrote:it's jus such a weird stretch to talk about a design change as if it had weird BLM motives? how do the two even correlate? I cant even. your conspiracies are too wild
I agree with the inkman here, I also don't see any correlation between PC, BLM or any other movement or idea.
They just wanted to be more accurate and redo certain things.

They said Iroquois and Sioux won't be gold mining right? So Aztec will? Why? Because of the Aztec Mining card? :ugly:
Advanced Player
Donator 02

30 Aug 2020, 19:17

Clearly the change is being done because George Floyd was killed earlier this year. If he was never killed this change would not be done. If the change wasnt due to that event then the devs would have equally changed all historical inaccuracies, instead of only adjusting 2 civs.

It's hard to image a change that was solely for political/historical reasons would not effect balance. Balance was not behind the idea for this change at all. So who ever is balancing it will have a tricky task of trying their hardest to balance it as much as they can.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

30 Aug 2020, 19:18

giveuanxiety wrote:Clearly the change is being done because George Floyd was killed earlier this year. If he was never killed this change would not be done. If the change wasnt due to that event then the devs would have equally changed all historical inaccuracies, instead of only adjusting 2 civs.

I straight up can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. The first two sentences seem to imply you are but the last one seems genuine? Explain using examples from the text
Advanced Player
Donator 02

30 Aug 2020, 19:20

The change would not be done if George Floyd never died. His death raised a change in society. That's why their also working on renaming american football teams like the redskins. (I never said this was a bad thing to make these changes. Im just stating what lead to these changes being made)

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

30 Aug 2020, 19:21

George Floyd was killed like 3 months ago, this game has been in development for 3+ years
Advanced Player
Donator 02

30 Aug 2020, 19:23

These changes have not been in development for 3+ years.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

30 Aug 2020, 19:24

I'm very doubtful that the developers started to freak out 3 months ago that people would get really offended if they re-released a game where Indians mine gold
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

30 Aug 2020, 19:26

leaksh
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

30 Aug 2020, 19:27

Can someone explain the fur trade mechanic?

Do the Civs now hunt, and then trade food(fur) for higher amount of gold? Or is there some sort of fur bank, like a mine where villagers gather fur?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

30 Aug 2020, 19:33

Warno wrote:Can someone explain the fur trade mechanic?

Do the Civs now hunt, and then trade food(fur) for higher amount of gold? Or is there some sort of fur bank, like a mine where villagers gather fur?

No, we can't, because the developers haven't explained yet. Unless @EAGLEMUT wants to spill the beans
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja

30 Aug 2020, 19:35

The native american expert was hired far before 3 months ago, so its safe to say that it was not as a result of george floyds death.

Forum Info

Return to “General”